REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:13 PM   #151
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Is that what you would say to a rape victim?

Tomorrow I am taking my brown ass to the mall and I am going to take a bunch of pictures of the entrances and I don't care what anyone thinks because I am not breaking any laws. My skin color is not going to affect what I can and cannot do.
See you on the news
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #152
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
See you on the news
And see your car in the junkyard because we all know Asians are bad drivers.

Maybe all Asians should drive 10km slower than the speed limit and put a big A on the back so everyone knows to to stay 20 car lengths back. It's not racism it's just that Asians drivers scare most people.

Spoiler!
Old 01-17-2016, 11:41 PM   #153
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Go back to your own country, Bin Laden! We have homeless to feed.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:52 AM   #154
My homepage has been set to RS

Vancity Buzz is a joke of a website. Their hockey columns are even worse

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2016, 07:13 AM   #155

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
You actually think that's happening in Canada? We have had Muslims in this country since the 1800's and I have heard of no Muslim organization wanting oppressive sharia law here.
No Canada persay, but many European countries after welcoming these people with open arms

ICM Poll: 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK
Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

GfK NOP: 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state
http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/Sharia...eLawForAll.pdf

NOP Research: 68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam;
Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News
WebCite query result

FPO (2014): 43% of Islamic teachers in Austria openly advocate Sharia law over democracy.
http://rt.com/news/208387-austria-is...garten-muslim/

2015 (Jyllands Posten): 77% of Muslims in Denmark believe the Quran's instructions should be 'fully appied'.
Danish Muslims more devout than in years past - The Local

2015 (Jyllands Postn): Only 53% of Danish Muslims believe Danish law should be based on the consitution and not the Quran.
4 of 10 Danish Muslims want Quran-based laws - The Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
You are literally the worst person to have a discussion with.
Haha, his argument only consists of one strategy - "well...white people did THIS!"

he seems to display an almost infantile lack of critical reasoning and logic, resorting to only emotion based responses

Quote:

Maybe all Asians should drive 10km slower than the speed limit and put a big A on the back so everyone knows to to stay 20 car lengths back. It's not racism it's just that Asians drivers scare most people.
What most posters have been trying to beat into your head a thousand times is that race is irrelevant, it's mostly culture.

What happens when you import a buncha people from a culture that instills a lack of respect for women? Well just a look at Europe and see

What happens when you import a buncha people from a culture that treats non believers as infidels? Well just a look at Europe and see

inb4 racism, bigotry, xenophobia etc

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 01-18-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #156
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
No Canada persay, but many European countries after welcoming these people with open arms

ICM Poll: 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK
Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

GfK NOP: 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state
http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/Sharia...eLawForAll.pdf

NOP Research: 68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam;
Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News
WebCite query result

FPO (2014): 43% of Islamic teachers in Austria openly advocate Sharia law over democracy.
http://rt.com/news/208387-austria-is...garten-muslim/

2015 (Jyllands Posten): 77% of Muslims in Denmark believe the Quran's instructions should be 'fully appied'.
Danish Muslims more devout than in years past - The Local

2015 (Jyllands Postn): Only 53% of Danish Muslims believe Danish law should be based on the consitution and not the Quran.
4 of 10 Danish Muslims want Quran-based laws - The Local

Haha, his argument only consists of one strategy - "well...white people did THIS!"

he seems to display an almost infantile lack of critical reasoning and logic, resorting to only emotion based responses

What most posters have been trying to beat into your head a thousand times is that race is irrelevant, it's mostly culture.

What happens when you import a buncha people from a culture that instills a lack of respect for women? Well just a look at Europe and see

What happens when you import a buncha people from a culture that treats non believers as infidels? Well just a look at Europe and see

inb4 racism, bigotry, xenophobia etc
57% Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion

In U.S., 3 in 10 Say They Take the Bible Literally

Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

That's the bible that allows a person to beat his wife and kids, own slaves, and take an eye for an eye.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #157

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

Spoiler!
Quote:
you have the logic abilities of a potato, all your arguments boil down to one line of reasoning:
"well group X might believe and do some fucked up shit, but look at what group Y does."

that does not make group x and y's beliefs correct, it just means theyre both dumbasses

here, i've compiled a handy list of logical fallacies for you so that you may prevent future disgraces

Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #158
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I was away this weekend but last Monday I was in Pacific Center taking photo's on my phone of the structures inside the mall Corridors and Lobby, I actually had someone from the mall come up and ask me why I was taking pictures. I gave him a card and explained, no issues at all. I guess they didn't get to these guys before they left?

BTW I'm as white as they get.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #159
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,694 Posts
Anonymity is the best way for something to die.
Like someone else said, we had some blurry images from before.
Now with all these aftermath interviews, we have perfect images of how they look like.
Names released, so now we know exactly WHO they are. Fucking stupid. It's not like they're Mike Tyson with a big tattoo across their face.

If they wanted this all swept under, just release a vague report rectifying the mistake. And leave it at that. There's too much shit going on in the news,
this would have been forgotten quick if it weren't for all this extra attention.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #160
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I was away this weekend but last Monday I was in Pacific Center taking photo's on my phone of the structures inside the mall Corridors and Lobby, I actually had someone from the mall come up and ask me why I was taking pictures. I gave him a card and explained, no issues at all. I guess they didn't get to these guys before they left?

BTW I'm as white as they get.
If you were wearing a hardhat with a reflective safety vest, no one would question you. Probably could have walked around outside with a lock cutter and jacked any bicycle you wanted too, no questions asked.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #161
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
If you were wearing a hardhat with a reflective safety vest, no one would question you. Probably could have walked around outside with a lock cutter and jacked any bicycle you wanted too, no questions asked.
True, I'll do that when I'm a construction site but wasn't necessary last week.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #162
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Anonymity is the best way for something to die.
Like someone else said, we had some blurry images from before.
The original VCB article included unblurred versions....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #163

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Yes unblurred potato quality photos.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote