REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
i'm disappointed with CiC's response.
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #27
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
If there is a war I could see them selling oil for cheap so they have more money to fund it.
Price is speculative, which based on production. If people think production will be affected (which they will when there's bombs flying around oil rigs), then price will go up.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #28
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
What's more interesting to me atm is China placing Anti Air rockets on their man-made islands in the South China Sea and South Korean intelligence claiming their Intel shows North Korea I'd gearing up for terror attacks against the South

Turkey has been fighting/bombing the Kurds for ages, this latest bud attack was a retaliatory one against recent Turkish bombing runs on Syrian Kurds

The states like to ignore mass killings by their allies. But when someone in their and Saudi Arabia's target list attacks terrorists within their borders? That becomes an international incident resulting in clear attempts to topple that government (Recently: Libya, Syria)

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-18-2016 at 02:58 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
i'm disappointed with CiC's response.
Mark Dankoff is a legend... I see that Sid Vicious failed me for it... what kind political pundit do you think he'd post to aware us on what going on in the middle east?
Probably some professional propagandist who preys on the weak minded.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,924 Times in 611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Mark Dankoff is a legend... I see that Sid Vicious failed me for it... what kind political pundit do you think he'd post to aware us on what going on in the middle east?
Probably some professional propagandist who preys on the weak minded.
as opposed to press tv just being a propagandist for iran LMAO
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #31
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

The 1979 Islamic revolution was a revolution for all of humanity... this is why today Iran is fighting against terrorism while the West and including Canada, are creating it.

Please share with the forum a clip of a political pundit that shares your ideology, before I go for my power nap, so that I can dissect all the lies that youre gullible to believe in.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The 1979 Islamic revolution was a revolution for all of humanity... this is why today Iran is fighting against terrorism while the West and including Canada, are creating it.

Please share with the forum a clip of a political pundit that shares your ideology, before I go for my power nap, so that I can dissect all the lies that youre gullible to believe in.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
as opposed to press tv just being a propagandist for iran LMAO
Sure PressTV is Iranian based, and RT is Russian, Al-Jazeera is Saudi, the BBC is British, CCTV is Chinese, and CNN is American.

All these stations colour their reports with bias, but not all the time, and they've gotten in trouble for not towing the line, but most importantly, they all provide some insight that the other network doesn't/won't.

There are two sides to every story, you can't expect to find the truth by only listening to one side, you'll have to come to a better understanding by listening to all sides and realize the truth is somewhere inbetween, or even not there at all! It depends

:P
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #34

Do you even watch PressTV to say that... I highly doubt it.
You didnt make my propaganda prodigies list for nothing...

@Sid Vicious
Nice try to divert your inadequacies with comedy...

The reality is that Canadians have been programmed to be totally disconnected from real world politics... they follow false idols like Bill Gates and Kanye west.

*Insert "Canadian" in this graphic
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #35
linguistic ninja

Thanked 1,086 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Sure PressTV is Iranian based, and RT is Russian, Al-Jazeera is Saudi, the BBC is British, CCTV is Chinese, and CNN is American.
Actually Al-Jazeera is based in Qatar

So much ignorance in this thread.

I love how people view the "Middle-East" as some sort of monolithic bloc the same way "Africa" is. And that it's in a continual state of war or conflict.

There are relatively peaceful states that have been at peace for decades such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait

There are those states affected by the so-called "Arab Spring" and it's resulting chaos which has only been going on the past 5-6 years or so: Egypt, Syria, Libya, Yemen etc

Really the only conflicts that have been "continuous" as in over 20+ years have been the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Iraq, Lebanon, and Afghanistan

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post

was waiting for someone to say that, but come on :P okay I'll rephrase, Al-Jazeera is Saudi biased :P
Old 02-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #37

Quote:

So much ignorance in this thread.

I love how people view the "Middle-East" as some sort of monolithic bloc the same way "Africa" is. And that it's in a continual state of war or conflict.

There are relatively peaceful states that have been at peace for decades such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait

There are those states affected by the so-called "Arab Spring" and it's resulting chaos which has only been going on the past 5-6 years or so: Egypt, Syria, Libya, Yemen etc

Really the only conflicts that have been "continuous" as in over 20+ years have been the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Iraq, Lebanon, and Afghanistan
yea but all those places have piss poor humans right records, which is why people think of the ME as a monolithic bloc.

hmm...i wonder why people think of the ME of a monolithic bloc, maybe its because their gov't tries to force everyone to subscribe to the same brand of religious thought.

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 02-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #38
linguistic ninja

Quote:
yea but all those places have piss poor humans right records, which is why people think of the ME as a monolithic bloc

This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #39

Quote:
just maybe, just MAYBE people think of the middle east as a monolithic bloc because the gov't forces all of it's people to subscribe to a similar and all encompassing belief system?

i dunno man, just a thought.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #40
linguistic ninja

Quote:
just maybe, just MAYBE people think of the middle east as a monolithic bloc because the gov't forces all of it's people to subscribe to a similar and all encompassing belief system?

i dunno man, just a thought.
Umm, most governments in the Middle East, and the world for that matter, are secular in nature and don't "force" their people to subscribe to any sort of belief system. Most people there are Muslim and religious simply by the fact that their parents and/or community are.

The only two governments in the region that are Theocracies in the sense you describe are Saudi Arabia and Iran. Who btw, are at odds with each other being Sunni and Shiite, respectively.

Which brings me to my point if you educate yourself, you wouldn't be subject to such fallacies in the first place.

That's a double headbanger for you.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #41

Quote:
Umm, most governments in the Middle East, and the world for that matter, are secular in nature and don't "force" their people to subscribe to any sort of belief system. Most people there are Muslim and religious simply by the fact that their parents and/or community are.

The only two governments in the region that are Theocracies in the sense you describe are Saudi Arabia and Iran. Who btw, are at odds with each other being Sunni and Shiite, respectively.

Which brings me to my point if you educate yourself, you wouldn't be subject to such fallacies in the first place.

That's a double headbanger for you.
I dunno man, getting thrown in prison or getting sentenced to death for apostasy seems like forcing someone to subscribe to a belief system, maybe it's you who needs to be educated lol

hmm lets see how secular these countries are...i just copied and pasted so there are obviously countries not in the ME

Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, though the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions)[16][17]
Algeria – While Algeria has no direct laws against apostasy, its laws indirectly cover it. Article 144(2) of Algerian code specifies a prison term to anyone who criticizes or insults the creed or prophets of Islam through writing, drawing, declaration, or any other means; further, Algerian law makes conversion from Islam and proselytizing by non-Muslims an offense punishable with fine and prison term.[14]
Brunei – per recently enacted Sharia law, Section 112(1) of the Brunei Penal Code states that a Muslim who declares himself non-Muslim commits a crime that is punishable with death, or with up to 30 year imprisonment, depending on the type of evidence. However, if the accused has recanted his conversion, he may be acquitted of the crime of apostasy.[14]
Comoros[18]
Egypt – illegal (3 years' imprisonment)[19]
Iran – not in the Penal Code, but courts can hand down death penalty for apostasy, and have done so in previous years.[20]
Iraq[18]
Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy[21][22][23]
Kuwait – Apostasy is not illegal in Kuwait,[24][25][26] although apostasy is penalized in family courts for Muslims.[24][25] For Muslims, apostasy in family court can result in loss of child custody, inheritance rights and normally annulment if married to a Muslim.[24][25]
Malaysia – illegal in five of thirteen states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)[27][28]
Maldives[18]- illegal for Muslim nationals (loss of citizenship).[29][30] Illegal to proselytise for religions other than Islam.
Mauritania – illegal (death penalty if still apostate after 3 days)[31]
Morocco – not illegal, but official Islamic council decreed apostates should be put to death.[14] Illegal to proselytise for religions other than Islam (15 years' imprisonment)[32]
Nigeria[18]
Oman – illegal (prison) according to Article 209 of Oman penal code, and denies child custody rights under Article 32 of Personal Status Law[14]
Pakistan – not illegal, but apostates vulnerable to charges of blasphemy, a potential capital offence.[14]
Qatar – illegal (death penalty)[14]
Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)[19][23]
Somalia – illegal (death penalty)[33][34]
Sudan – illegal (death penalty)[35]
Syria[18]
United Arab Emirates – illegal (3 years' imprisonment, flogging, death penalty)[14][36]
Yemen – illegal (death penalty)[14][34]
Old 02-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #42
linguistic ninja

There's a difference between laws based on a archaic belief system vs "forcing people to subscribe to a belief system." I would suspect most of it's populace agrees with those laws, much as we disagree with them. To continue your logic, all western governments "force" us to be Capitalist consumers and Canada, US, and Europe should be grouped into a monolithic bloc as well, which is ridiculous because we know better.

But please, continue your strawman argument. It's ignoramuses like yourself who refuse to educate themselves on issues and vote in (that is if you even do vote) idiots into office that perpetuate the policies that leave many countries in the Middle East (by that I specifically mean Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and Libya) in the mess that they are now.

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #43
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Not going to get myself involved in this one, but I just want to say that I love it when CivicBlues decides to make an appearance on here. We may disagree more often than not, but at least he provides some entertainment that's not on a level of CIC or +theone+ and is able to argue on a coherent level.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #44

Quote:
There's a difference between laws based on a archaic belief system vs "forcing people to subscribe to a belief system." I would suspect most of it's populace agrees with those laws, much as we disagree with them. To continue your logic, all western governments "force" us to be Capitalist consumers and Canada, US, and Europe should be grouped into a monolithic bloc as well, which is ridiculous because we know better.

But please, continue your strawman argument. It's ignoramuses like yourself who refuse to educate themselves on issues and vote in (that is if you even do vote) idiots into office that perpetuate the policies that leave many countries in the Middle East (by that I specifically mean Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and Libya) in the mess that they are now.
uh the whole points of the laws is that they force you via threats of violence to behave in a certain way, or to believe in certain things.

these laws are enforced regularly lol
Middle East - Saudi court spares poet?s life with eight years, 800 lashes - France 24
Iranian heavy metal band faces possible death penalty for playing music? | Fox News

um i don't think you understand what capitalism is lol. the default method of human existence is capitalism, even hunter gatherers practice capitalism. capitalism isn't a belief system...it's a process. worked for money? purchased goods/services? congrats, you're a capitalist

and we do group them into monolithic blocs if they have a high level of monolothic religious thinking. for example, have you heard of "the bible belt?"

yes, i'm sure your vote for the prime minister of Canada REALLY influences foregin policy in the middle east.

fucking LOL...that was easy.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #45
linguistic ninja

Wow, I don't even know what to say to you anymore. You seriously are hurting from so much ignorance I bet you make your mother cry every night.

We're not here to argue the merits of whether or not Muslim societies and laws are better than Western capitalist societies and laws. We're in agreement there if you can believe that. You're the one who derailed the conversation by bringing up Apostasy laws and beheadings, etc.

I merely stated that if you educated yourself and dropped out of the Donald-Trump-School-of-Deductive-Reasoning, you'd see there are differences between nations that appear to you, exactly the same. I can't fathom why you would argue on the side of continued ignorance (i.e. all Middle Eastern countries are the same), when there's clear differences if you just opened your eyes.

Read more (not only CNN, BBC, Fox News claptrap) and travel more outside of North America and All-inclusive resorts. I've had the benefit (maybe you don't, who knows) and have been able to see first hand that France and Germany, despite their linguistic divide, have more in common culturally, economically, and politically than the neighbors Jordan and Egypt do with each other. However no one confuses the former pair as much as the latter and that's totally based on ignorance.

But then again, I totally forgot I'm arguing with the guy who gets hard at posting every negative story about Syrian refugees he can get his hands on.

Last edited by CivicBlues; 02-19-2016 at 10:15 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #46
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

quinn from homeland said it best. we need to hit the reset button
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:34 AM   #47

I believe Turkey still has tanks and ground troops digging trenches on Syrian soil... (on top of the recent shelling onto the Kurdish liberators). The NWO proxy wars may still have other wild card elements to keep this war going.
One day we could all wakeup to find that the economy has really hit rock bottom, and a world war around the corner including military drafts. Only a fool would dismiss the possibility as if history doesnt repeat it self.

"Turkish government", burns over 150 people alive.. dont expect the fake 911 news networks to be highlighting the holocaust of the minority Kurds.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #48
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,661 Times in 844 Posts
Why not everyone just leaves Middle East alone and let them fight among themselves?
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

War in the middle east would jack vancouvers RE prices up even more lolz.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #50
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

In honesty, I'd rather have those guys fighting eachother than getting ourselves involved. I'm all for helping refugees and ending violence, but at the end of the day it is not Canada or the West's responsibility to police the world.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: