REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #26
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
$5,000 rather stock up on beer, it's got vitamin B so it's healthier than water amirite
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

a stupid samsung water filter for my fridge is 50 bucks.. and technically lasts 6 months.

so i can buy 100 of these, or 50 years worth of samsung fridge water filters

jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I know a buddy that is selling this and he's making a killing, but for $5000, that's a lot of money to drop. Sure, there are claims of its health benefits from actual people, but we live in a place with the cleanest water in the world. There so are many less fortunate people with no clean water or no water at all, and here we are, saying our clean water is not healthy/clean or good.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
11 pH

I'll just drink the boiler water at work
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 02:06 AM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

mlm should be illegal

probably my biggest pet peeve

plus all these fucker snake oil salesmen act like they are some motivational inspirational wantrepreneur - no you fucking goof, you're a goof

the worst part is they can actually milk compensation from being an idiot

when I see that shit on facebook or even worse if they message me, thats an automatic instant block + defriend + never even fucking try to make eye contact with me if you see me in public
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 AM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

So what is the best water filtration if you want alkaline water?
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #32
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
They should try selling this China. I am sure you can get rich easily!

I just came back from China and had to boil all the water I drank (unless I purchase bottle ones). Even then the boil water taste funny. I really don't see a point to these when our water is really clean.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #33
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Since we're on the subject.......

Water tests find elevated levels of lead at B.C. legislature, MLA says - The Globe and Mail

How quickly do you think they're gonna fix the problem........ oh wait. Bottled water, lol.

Bet ya MLA's are gonna get compensated for buying bottled water @ 5 bucks a bottle as part of their expenses/compensation. Maybe put some Kangen shit in the building........ someone will make lots of money.

Our water is great, it's the plumbing in older buildings that fuck up the water. Also, supply lines to buildings.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 03-09-2016 at 07:59 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Live in a place with some of the best water in the world

Buy $5000 ionizer
????
Profit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If you consider a $5000 fridge to be "nice" I'd love to see what you consider to be high end.
A fridge that sucks your dick while you're rummaging for the cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
*Cucumbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #36
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
I never get the argument of people paying for bottled water in that you're "payin for water"

You're paying for convenience
Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #37
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I know a buddy that is selling this and he's making a killing, but for $5000, that's a lot of money to drop. Sure, there are claims of its health benefits from actual people...
placebo is a helluva drug
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #38
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Maybe put some Kangen shit in the building........ someone will make lots of money.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

I have like 8, 3 liter glass jugs ready so that I can collect spring water from Lynn Valley, north Vancouver this month.
To get clean alkaline water all you have to do is eat lots of fruits, specially watermelon. Viruses and bacteria dont survive well in alkaline ph bodies.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Waste of money.

Tap water is perfectly fine. Lots of effort goes into making sure it stays that way (you're welcome). Even though we've still watermains here and there that were installed in the 30s, all is good.

I've filled my water bottle up countless times at fire hydrants on lines that are 60+ years old. Tastes great. As MG1 said, it's older buildings/houses and houses in cul de sacs that complain about shitty water. We can fix the taste when it comes to the cul de sac, but the older homes/buildings, that's a different story.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #41

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I laugh when I see this shit on Facebook, especially when it's like "congrats on achieving 4A" or something and I look at the comments and everyone is just kissing each other's asses like "you're an inspiration" or "I know you'll go far, this is just the beginning." Waste of time and making yourself look like a fool
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS

BC tap water is the best imo. I'm hanging out in LA and the water here is ... gross. LOL I mean it's fine but definitely not BC quality. Enjoy that water man ... not everybody is as lucky to have such a clean resource on demand.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #43

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Whenever I went out to Toronto (Richmond Hill) for work, I'd always get bottled water. The tap water was nasty.

Here, I just use tap water in my water cooler and clean it once a year.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
I was at a health show last year and the cheapest model is about $2k if I recall correctly.
It was a very nice family that was showing me the ins and outs, and they truly believed in it. They had many case studies. No actual studies though.

That being said, I like how most here thinks this is a scam and how this product doesn't work. I have no idea if this actually does anything. The demonstrations were very cool, it was like being at science world when they do experiments.

I don't think anyone here is qualified to have any objective opinion on this type of water. Yes, Vancouver water is amazing, but that has nothing to do with this Kangen water.

I would really love to try this out on a long term basis, but I wasn't about to drop $2k on a water system. If I could afford it, I would have done it because the conviction the family had was real. They weren't pushy and I didn't feel like I was being upsold or scammed.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #45
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I was at a health show last year and the cheapest model is about $2k if I recall correctly.
It was a very nice family that was showing me the ins and outs, and they truly believed in it. They had many case studies. No actual studies though.

That being said, I like how most here thinks this is a scam and how this product doesn't work. I have no idea if this actually does anything. The demonstrations were very cool, it was like being at science world when they do experiments.

I don't think anyone here is qualified to have any objective opinion on this type of water. Yes, Vancouver water is amazing, but that has nothing to do with this Kangen water.

I would really love to try this out on a long term basis, but I wasn't about to drop $2k on a water system. If I could afford it, I would have done it because the conviction the family had was real. They weren't pushy and I didn't feel like I was being upsold or scammed.
well, its your lucky day, because i've got an amazing special offer for you, if you buy a machine today, not only will you get free shipping, but we'll give you another kangen machine! that's two kangen machines and free shipping! but wait! there's more! we'll offer you 5 free filters! and that's not all, if you call within the next 15mins, we'll offer you the chance of ownership, with not 5 but 4! easy payments

while supplies last, taxes and duties extra, not available in quebec
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 05:15 AM   #46
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Stewie - Dept of Water

My opinion - SCAM

These machines feed of the people who worry to much and think this will make them healthy once again. It's no better than the guy on Dragons Den who claimed his precious metal water could cure any disease and ailment. They kicked him off the show...

But who am I to say...even the FDA warns against them..FDA Advisory No. 2014-010

Last edited by stewie; 03-11-2016 at 05:40 AM.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #47
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:

I don't think anyone here is qualified to have any objective opinion on this type of water.
Maybe we aren't, but the FDA sure is: http://www.fda.gov.ph/advisories/foo...ry-no-2014-010

For the lazy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA
therapeutic claims made on drinking water as a ploy to promote and market water must be substantiated through valid clinical trials. It is a violation of RA 9711, otherwise known as the FDA Act of 2009, to sell or offer for sale or use purification devices that allegedly produce water known as "alkaline water" or "oxygenated water" and make therapeutic claims without a Certificate of Product Registration (CPR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA
Drinking alkaline, oxygenated or ionized water does not change the blood pH level.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

Like I've said in another post, if you want to remove "toxic" chemicals in your water, most portable and built-in replaceable water filters will do. Depending on the make/and model, it cost $3-$50 per replacement.

Want to increase the pH of your water? Add LEMON to your glass of water. It's the most alkaline fruit on this planet. Many studies has shown that drinking lemon water is very beneficial to your health.

I don't see why you need to shell out $5000.00 on a machine where its performance and effectiveness are questionable, at best.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
at the end of the day...

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #50
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:

Peanut Butter: Now available in Gullible flavour

----

Seriously, it's a marketing ploy. It targets those who are obsessed with having that perfect diet lifestyle. The reality is, there is no perfect diet but who cares? Which leads to my second point.

People just don't give their own bodies enough credit for dealing with bacteria, virus etc. When you actually spend the time reading up on our biology, you can learn just why we are at the top of the food chain. As long as you get regular checkups, you can live a long life and that includes checkups for preventative diseases. It's really no different than taking care of your car to make it last.

But then again, we live in a world that is slowly being convinced that Gluten is simply bad for the body, full stop. People have been shaped to believe that Gluten (unless you're a Celiac) is GUARANTEED to make you sick and erode your life away.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: