REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I have like 8, 3 liter glass jugs ready so that I can collect spring water from Lynn Valley, north Vancouver this month.
To get clean alkaline water all you have to do is eat lots of fruits, specially watermelon. Viruses and bacteria dont survive well in alkaline ph bodies.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #52
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
I have like 8, 3 liter glass jugs ready so that I can collect spring water from Lynn Valley, north Vancouver this month.
To get clean alkaline water all you have to do is eat lots of fruits, specially watermelon. Viruses and bacteria dont survive well in alkaline ph bodies.
I take it you're not familiar with the concept of homeostasis?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
how is the dirty water pipes affect our tap water?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #54
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I take it you're not familiar with the concept of homeostasis?
Your point being?
Let it be known that these osmosis filter systems could actually be bad for you since the water that enters your body is filtered of mineral and because of osmosis, the very pure water could drain your bodies minerals when you urinate the excess water.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #55
CRS

Quote:
Your point being?
Let it be known that these osmosis filter systems could actually be bad for you since the water that enters your body is filtered of mineral and because of osmosis, the very pure water could drain your bodies minerals when you urinate the excess water.
You realize that osmosis is the movement of water from areas of high concentration to low concentration, right?

What you're describing is diffusion. Regardless, we have these fun things called organs (namely the intestines and two nifty things called kidneys) that help us reabsorb and filter everything before we pee it out.

Which brings me back to that fun energy consuming thing our body does incessantly - homeostasis.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #56
I subscribe to Revscene

Well if you eat meats, breads and milks all day your body gets very acidic... so your body leaches calcium off your bones to homogenize the body.... but that doesnt mean a person who eats acidic food will have the same PH as someone who regularly eats fruits.

Highly nutritious and delicious fruit are now only reserved for the rich and wealthy. I dont know how much of an impact this water system does... if it takes out minerals or not... but in terms of PH its better then nothing I suppose.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-11-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #57

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Well if you eat meats, breads and milks all day your body get very acidic... so your body leaches calcium off your bones to homogenize the body.... but that doesnt mean a person who eats acidic food will have the same PH as someone who regularly eats fruits.

Highly nutritious and delicious fruit are now only reserved for the rich and wealthy. I dont know how much of an impact this water system does... if it takes out minerals or not... but in terms of PH its better then nothing I suppose.
can you please elaborate which are the highly nutritious and delicious fruit please.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #58
CRS

Quote:
Well if you eat meats, breads and milks all day your body get very acidic... so your body leaches calcium off your bones to homogenize the body.... but that doesnt mean a person who eats acidic food will have the same PH as someone who regularly eats fruits.

You realize that milk is huge source of calcium, right? So much so that if you even drink 1 cup (236mL) of it a day, you would have satisfied 30%+ of your recommended daily intake.

This doesn't include everything else you eat in a regular day that also fulfills calcium needs. There would be absolutely no reason why your body would need to use your bone's calcium to fulfill it's needs when you're supplying ample amounts in your regular diet.

Can you tell me why someone's body would get more acidic if they ate "meats, bread, and milk" but not fruits like oranges, lemon, etc...?

Also, what do you mean by "body gets acidic"? Like does my body suddenly get a pH of less than 5 or even 4?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #59
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
You realize that milk is huge source of calcium, right? So much so that if you even drink 1 cup (236mL) of it a day, you would have satisfied 30%+ of your recommended daily intake.

This doesn't include everything else you eat in a regular day that also fulfills calcium needs. There would be absolutely no reason why your body would need to use your bone's calcium to fulfill it's needs when you're supplying ample amounts in your regular diet.

Can you tell me why someone's body would get more acidic if they ate "meats, bread, and milk" but not fruits like oranges, lemon, etc...?
Those foods are acidic as is milk due to its high protein content. One may lose more calcium consuming milk then the milk restoring the calcium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
can you please elaborate which are the highly nutritious and delicious fruit please.
Its all in the taste... high quality foods are grown in healthy soils, not industrialized ones that make their way to your regular grocer. They are even more organic then the organic foods sold in the market.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #60
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
CIC is correct about milk being acidic, people used to think you should drink it to counter acid reflux but it actually makes it worse
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #61
CRS

Quote:
Those foods are acidic as is milk due to its high protein content. One may lose more calcium consuming milk then the milk restoring the calcium.
Its all in the taste... high quality foods are grown in healthy soils, not industrialized ones that make their way to your regular grocer. They are even more organic then the organic foods sold in the market.
Milk has a pH of about 6.7 (water has a pH of 7), it is pretty darn close to neutral. I would hardly consider it very acidic - though if you said it was acidic, you would be technically right.

Show me a scientific article/journal that says you lose more calcium from drinking milk than it provides.

From before "What do you mean by "body gets acidic"? Like does my body suddenly get a pH of less than 5 or even 4?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
CIC is correct about milk being acidic, people used to think you should drink it to counter acid reflux but it actually makes it worse
This is actually not technically correct. Milk might worsen symptoms of acid reflux but this is due to fat content and not acidity.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 03-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #62
I subscribe to Revscene

Cancers could be attributed to acidic bodies.
When a baby poopoo's in its shorts, that very acidic environment starts irritating the bum skin and turns it red.
Same with the body, when you have an acidic body, your lymphatic system slows to a crawl and it doesnt clean out your cells "shit"\waste. This in turn causes cancer\tumor then your typically ZioAmerican puppet medical system comes along and treats all cancers with Chemo which eventually kills you in 5-7 years.
Basically you dont want an acidic body at any PH.

Our food pyramid is flawed, breads and milk among other things are unnecessarily proportioned in it. Is it prop up the dairy or grain industry you'd might ask? Or how about the cancer industry is more like it.
So to even find the truth about milks negative calcium results, which is contrary to ZioAmerican propaganda, you would have to do a bit of research in none mainstream science sites to see for yourself.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #63
CRS

Quote:
Milk has a pH of about 6.7 (water has a pH of 7), it is pretty darn close to neutral. I would hardly consider it very acidic - though if you said it was acidic, you would be technically right.

Show me a scientific article/journal that says you lose more calcium from drinking milk than it provides.

From before "What do you mean by "body gets acidic"? Like does my body suddenly get a pH of less than 5 or even 4?"

This is actually not technically correct. Milk might worsen symptoms of acid reflux but this is due to fat content and not acidity.
Quote:
Cancers could be attributed to acidic bodies.
When a baby poopoo's in its shorts, that very acidic environment starts irritating the bum skin and turns it red.
Same with the body, when you have an acidic body, your lymphatic system slows to a crawl and it doesnt clean out your cells "shit"\waste. This in turn causes cancer\tumor then your typically ZioAmerican puppet medical system comes along and treats all cancers with Chemo which eventually kills you in 5-7 years.
Basically you dont want an acidic body at any PH.

Our food pyramid is flawed, breads and milk among other things are unnecessarily proportioned in it. Is it prop up the dairy or grain industry you'd might ask? Or how about the cancer industry is more like it.
So to even find the truth about milks negative calcium results, which is contrary to ZioAmerican propaganda, you would have to do a bit of research in none mainstream science sites to see for yourself.
So can you answer my questions or not?

Just something to note for you as well. It isn't your lymphatic system that cleans your cells or filters or anything like that. It is your hepatic system that does all the detox, cleaning, recycling, etc.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 03-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #64

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
My cat turns his tail up at city water so I bought him a kangen for his bday. Nothing but the best for whiskers
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #65
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
So can you answer my questions or not?

Just something to note for you as well. It isn't your lymphatic system that cleans your cells or filters or anything like that. It is your hepatic system that does all the detox, cleaning, recycling, etc.
Really, so how do the cells in the brain depose of waste?
And I already answered your question, go search it yourself.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #66
CRS

Quote:
Really, so how do the cells in the brain depose of waste?
And I already answered your question, go search it yourself.
Cells in the brain depose of waste the same way the rest of the body via diffusion and osmosis. If the cell cannot do this effectively, it will undergo apoptosis. The waste product the cells produce go into the hepatic portal where it gets filtered/recycled/transformed further before being excreted by your body.

If someone else said what I bolded in your reply, you'd start calling them names and say how uneducated they are. Why can't you just answer the question directly?

The sheer hypocrisy your presenting is baffling.

I'll say it one more time, I'll even number it for you the questions I want answered from you:
1. Show me an article that says "One may lose more calcium consuming milk then the milk restoring the calcium".
2. Tell me how pH in your body or blood changes again with an article or source.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 03-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #67
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
CiC isn't worth anyone's time convincing him from his "ideas". He can extrapolate the craziest bullshit from any post. When someone can find something insidious about a Star Wars comic, then you know that someone's got a skull that rattles like a can of spray paint. You can safely ignore anything that comes from him.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #68
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Cells in the brain depose of waste the same way the rest of the body via diffusion and osmosis. If the cell cannot do this effectively, it will undergo apoptosis. The waste product the cells produce go into the hepatic portal where it gets filtered/recycled/transformed further before being excreted by your body.

If someone else said what I bolded in your reply, you'd start calling them names and say how uneducated they are. Why can't you just answer the question directly?

The sheer hypocrisy your presenting is baffling.

I'll say it one more time, I'll even number it for you the questions I want answered from you:
1. Show me an article that says "One may lose more calcium consuming milk then the milk restoring the calcium".
2. Tell me how pH in your body or blood changes again with an article or source.
How does waste magically go into the hepatic portal... do they hitch a ride on some kind of bio school bus and get dropped off at the last stop?

I know what you sheeple are like... I dont want to spend time researching something when at the end you'll say "oh its on Youtube", "hes a quack doctor" or that "he doesnt have mainstream qualification"... thus point is invalid.
Lets see you do some of the leg work and find me an article that says milk provides the body with more calcium then it consumes to balance the bodies ph.

Lastly you want me to tell how the body changes ph levels? Ask Presto, he seems like a mr.knowitall.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #69
CRS

Quote:
How does waste magically go into the hepatic portal... do they hitch a ride on some kind of bio school bus and get dropped off at the last stop?

I know what you sheeple are like... I dont want to spend time researching something when at the end you'll say "oh its on Youtube", "hes a quack doctor" or that "he doesnt have mainstream qualification"... thus point is invalid.
Lets see you do some of the leg work and find me an article that says milk provides the body with more calcium then it consumes to balance the bodies ph.

Lastly you want me to tell how the body changes ph levels? Ask Presto, he seems like a mr.knowitall.
With your logic, why don't you "do some of the leg work and find me an article that says" waste will go into the hepatic portal. But I won't be so mean so here's a hint, it has to do with blood.

Calling me sheeple. Well done. Calling someone names is the very definition of losing an argument. Then deferring to Presto? Again, another sign of losing an argument.

Spoiler!

My FeedBack 53-0-0