REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

ICBC claim questions

Over the weekend while i was parked in the parking lot at Metro, a taxi backed up into the parking stall and bump into my car. the contact was pretty minor and he didn't even noticed he bumped into my car.. i got out of the car to take a quick look and then he finally noticed and move his car away from mine. quick peek didn't see any dents or noticeable dmg so didn't bother taking down his info. later got home upon further inspection noticed the front of my bumper under the licence plate had my wrap and paint scraped off which looks like caused by the exhaust tip. so called up icbc to file a claim. My dashcam was in park mode so it only woke up after it felt the bump and recorded basically a second after the taxi made contact. but it does show the taxi moving away from me and the driver came out to look at the cars.

Upon calling icbc, i was told unless the other party calls in to claim responsibility i'll have to pay the collision deductible, which means my insurance premium will go up? i explained to them i have a dash cam of 1 second after the bump, and they didn't even ask me to send it in. So basically i'm screwed? is there a way for me to request for icbc to bring in the taxi and measure the exhaust tip to determine if the dmg is cause by them? i don't really mind paying the deductible.. but i'm not happy that for something that's not my fault i'll have to pay a deductible and a premium increase.
Advertisement
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
I'd say you're SOL, unfortunately.

You both left the scene without exchanging info, so in ICBC's eyes you did that yourself somewhere and are now blaming the taxi, which you have no proof hit you apart from what you're claiming.

What car was the taxi?

Also, I donno what dashcam you have but my blackvue is always recoding in parking mode, it just doesn't save the file if there's no movement. You sure there's no file before the incident?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

No. Your premiums won't go up if its a hit and run.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

No premiums increase. Just have to pay deductible. ICBC can confirm that as well when you called in. It's only for comprehension that premiums increase.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Lesson should be learned. Doesn't matter how minor it may appear always exchange info in any sort of incident, especially when both parties have acknowledged that contact was made.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #6

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
quick peek didn't see any dents or noticeable dmg so didn't bother taking down his info.
Well theres your biggest mistake and the reason why you now have to pay a deductible. Always get their info even if you don't see any damage (at the time).
Old 03-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
There is so much misinformation here.

You had a collision claim. You had the opportunity to obtain and exchange information but did not choose to do so. Now you're filing a claim but since you chose not to obtain the third party information, it's going to be a collision claim with no identified liable third party, therefore your insurance premiums still increase.

This is not a hit and run because the third party did not flee, you chose not to obtain their information.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I don't see how claiming it as hit-and-run would benefit you anyways, seeing how the deductible is at $750. If it's so minor that you didn't notice it upon first glance, I say just suck it up. Yeah it's unfair that it wasn't your fault but let this be a lesson. Always document and record everything when things like this happen. You can never be too cautious.
dSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote