REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-13-2016, 01:15 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Can a cop threaten to add a charge for disputing a ticket?

Hey guys, so my friend wanted to show me his church and asked me to turn left. I go to the intersection, do a little swerve to the left but then notice that the road was blocked (hard to see at night and it's kinda deep in). So I just straighten the car and keep going forward. Suddenly a cop appears! Long story short I told the cop the story there's nothing she could really charge me with as I followed all the rules, used my turn signals, road was empty as well but I guess she thought I might have been drunk. I'm using my parents car because mines is currently being fixed (true story). So I tell the cop that's why I don't have a N displayed. She decides to charge me for not displaying it but she says that if I dispute it "she'll rethink about the swerve" is she allowed to say shit like this? sounds like a thinly veiled threat to me. Either way I'm disputing it.

Thank you
Advertisement
ali321 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
guess you will find out soon enough
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2016, 01:57 AM   #3

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
you deserved the no N sign ticket cause you got caught driving without it

Doesn't matter if its not your car. You're responsible for putting an N sign for whatever car you're driving at the time
Old 03-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
you deserved the no N sign ticket cause you got caught driving without it

Doesn't matter if its not your car. You're responsible for putting an N sign for whatever car you're driving at the time
I appreciate your opinion on the subject matter but that is not the focus of this this thread.

Arigato Gozaimus
Old 03-13-2016, 03:32 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

You don't understand the consequences of your ticket. You don't have an N on your car. Dispute all you want. You will lose and look like a fool in court.

About the swerve. She can use that as a reason for pulling you over. That's what she means. She is not threatening you. You made what appeared to be an unsafe move. Upon pulling you over and obtaining your license she noticed that you did not have your N displayed as required regardless if the car you are driving is yours or not. She now has cause to issue you a ticket. Case closed. You need to learn to drive. True story.

adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Jesus you know what killed this website? "This post failed or thanked by". It's honestly the worst community reputation system I've seen to date and makes this place feel so negative. Half these threads are filled with egomaniacs trying to police their opinion on what's right or wrong. I already see where the trend of this thread is going and I'm just never going to login again because this place is a toxic shithole. No wonder it's dying so quick. Watching that Alexa rank drop is very satisfying. But what I'm not sure of is why it's name is still Revscene when revving is pretty much looked down upon by every jackass on here. It should be policescene.net. Wee woo wee woo look what we got here someone trying to go against the system! get him guys!

Adios Amigos

Last edited by ali321; 03-13-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:56 AM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
Police can be ass sometime, many years ago I was charged with white turning signal, didn't complete stop at a stop sign, and 10 km/h above speed limit in Richmond. The white police officer threatened me if I dispute he would increase the fine with some foul language, of course I didn't listen to him and dispute. That morning I showed up outside the court, some bitch ass Asian poilce office came to me threatened me to pledge guilty, I was like WTF, you wasn't the same cop. Make sure the white police officer wasn't around, pledge no guilty and walked away without paying $350 of tickets.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 06:26 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Lol comes and asks for advice, gets advice, and then lashes out for 3 fails.

Maybe RS should have a system for you to dispute the fails. You sound like an egomanic yourself by getting all butthurt over a few fails and also wanting to dispute a ticket you clearly deserved. Did both those things hurt your ego? Sounds like it did to me. I'll let you in on a secret, the world much worse out there. Grow up, pay the ticket, learn and move on.

One more advice, don't act all superior by telling a cop you can't charge me with anything. That probably made you sound like an ass whether you were polite or not to the cop.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:53 AM   #9

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali321 View Post
I already see where the trend of this thread is going and I'm just never going to login again
Good riddance.

Adios Amigo
Old 03-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

It's been awhile since the classic Revscene "I deserved this ticket; how do I get out of it?"

OP comes on asking if he can dispute ticket. Ends post by saying he's doing it anyways before anyone has responded. Why even post if you have made a decision before any advise has been given?

Also OP; you know why you got the ticket she gave you. What is it your disputing? You're wasting the courts time for what should be at most a formal complaint (wouldn't recommend that either) made against the officer through the police. Going through the court system to try and point out that you think this officer was being rude, unfair, what ever you want to call it is a waste of everyones time, including yours.

Police officers have good memories and by making yourself stand out more by doing this it isn't going to bode well for you if you have any other future run ins with police. But it seems like despite anyones advice you will do you're own thing because thats what naive ignorant teenagers do these days.
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:16 AM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali321 View Post
Jesus you know what killed this website? "This post failed or thanked by". It's honestly the worst community reputation system I've seen to date and makes this place feel so negative. Half these threads are filled with egomaniacs trying to police their opinion on what's right or wrong. I already see where the trend of this thread is going and I'm just never going to login again because this place is a toxic shithole. No wonder it's dying so quick. Watching that Alexa rank drop is very satisfying. But what I'm not sure of is why it's name is still Revscene when revving is pretty much looked down upon by every jackass on here. It should be policescene.net. Wee woo wee woo look what we got here someone trying to go against the system! get him guys!

Adios Amigos
What's killing this website is stupid little shits like you. Good riddance.
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #12
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Ah the classic "I came here wanting people to agree with me even though I'm wrong, since you didn't /ragequit"

Bye!

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
OP is a thin-skinned moron. Please just let this thread die.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #15

Not yet

Old 03-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #16

Old 03-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #17
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,276 Times in 488 Posts
124 fails in 20 posts is a record only timpo can hold a flame to, I'm not even mad, that's impressive
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #18
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuzracecarz View Post
124 fails in 20 posts is a record only timpo can hold a flame to, I'm not even mad, that's impressive
Looking at the join date a lot of those 20 were likely from before the t/f system was added. 124 fails on 4 posts has an FpP (fails per post) ratio of 31:1, pretty impressive.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #19
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Are we not going to talk about the fact that he tried to say thank you very much in Japanese and butchered it? Why not just say that in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #20
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

A self entitled N driver that thinks he knows everything

Lmao.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
^isn't that about 90% of them though? I'm going to guess he's early 20s too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #22
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
lol. what a noob.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #23
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
This kind of thing is very common practice for police officers. Although I have never encountered them.

I heard officers tend to say something like "You were going 85km/h on 50km/h zone, but I will just write you a $138 ticket(1km/h-20km/h over the limit) instead of $196. But if you dispute it, I will tell the judge you were actually going 85km/h"

I think it saves people's time because you can still dispute it and ask for fine reduction, but now the officer has already given you that, there's no longer a point of disputing it.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #24
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
When Timpo makes a post that is somewhat reasonable in comparison to OP's posts, you know OP dun goof'd.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #25
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Haters and angry key board warriors as far as the eye can see...
Curren$y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: