REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #76
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The witness said the truck was going at a high rate of speed as it passed under his balcony.
If the truck had loud exhaust noise, that may be perceived as high rate of speed.

I've driven cars with loud exhaust, when I drive at speed limit on residential area, people yell at me "SLOW DOWN!!" whereas if I drive quiet cars at same speed, that would never happen.

Also did he see or hear the truck?

We don't even know what the "high rate of speed" was, because Saanich Police hasn't released any investigation report.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #77
I bringith the lowerballerith

Doesn't matter. It will always be the non-cops fault.

And i mean that in the literal and figurative sense. Look at the thread, majority is trashing on the truck driver without any evidence. No sympathy for the guy going to be known as the guy who "killed" the cop.

*didnt even see the update on the driver being released. Watch the cop be at fault and then this thread will turn into, "respect the dead, don't discuss" like the many other RIP local threads that involve "good people making 'mistakes'".

Last edited by geeknerd; 04-07-2016 at 11:32 PM.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 AM   #78
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,920 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
*didnt even see the update on the driver being released. Watch the cop be at fault and then this thread will turn into, "respect the dead, don't discuss" like the many other RIP local threads that involve "good people making 'mistakes'".
There's a big difference between someone messing up and getting killed, and someone messing up and getting another person killed.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #79

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Doesn't matter. It will always be the non-cops fault.

And i mean that in the literal and figurative sense. Look at the thread, majority is trashing on the truck driver without any evidence. No sympathy for the guy going to be known as the guy who "killed" the cop.

Very few people seem to show some sympathy for the truck driver. I saw a comment on news article saying "I feel sorry for the guy, everyone is assuming he was a drunk driver. Maybe he was a hard working guy trying to go home after late night shift" but yea, the vast majority of people are assuming the RCMP officer was the victim of DUI accident without knowing any info.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #80
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I can't believe I just thanked Timpo........ What has RS come to.

Berz out.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
If the truck had loud exhaust noise, that may be perceived as high rate of speed.

I've driven cars with loud exhaust, when I drive at speed limit on residential area, people yell at me "SLOW DOWN!!" whereas if I drive quiet cars at same speed, that would never happen.

Also did he see or hear the truck?

We don't even know what the "high rate of speed" was, because Saanich Police hasn't released any investigation report.
He was on his balcony before and during the incident, saw the whole thing happen, helped on the scene.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #82
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
There's a big difference between someone messing up and getting killed, and someone messing up and getting another person killed.
"By good people making mistakes", i meant the cop, as the rest of my post implies.

Many times on revscene, i have seen controversial death like these and when it turns out the cop is at fault, we aren't allowed to say things like, "sucks for the cop but as a professionally trained driver on the job, she should've been more careful.

But when the evidence is completely unclear, of course we are allowed to say things like that truck driver is DUI and should get jail for life, etc etc.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #83
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
RCMP Tried To Stop Suspect Before Crash Killed B.C. Mountie

Quote:
RCMP Tried To Stop Suspect Before Crash Killed B.C. Mountie
CP | By The Canadian Press
Posted: 04/15/2016 9:10 pm EDT Updated: 04/15/2016 9:19 pm EDT
Tweet

Comment
Print

SURREY, B.C. - British Columbia's Independent Investigations Office is stepping in to probe a crash that killed a Mountie after revelations that police were trying to stop a suspect vehicle minutes before the collision.

The IIO's probe means there are now three investigations involving the crash that killed 32-year-old Const. Sarah Beckett in a Victoria-area intersection on April 5.

sarah beckett langford rcmp crashThe crash between an RCMP cruiser and a pickup truck ended with the death of Const. Sarah Beckett. (Photo: Canadian Press)

"As the investigation progressed, information pertaining to an attempt by police to stop the suspect vehicle prior to the collision was provided to the IIO B.C. for assessment," said an RCMP statement issued Friday.

The police watchdog was notified when the crash occurred, but did not step in until the new information was revealed.

"The IIO is investigating the circumstances leading up to the collision to determine if the actions or inactions of an officer may have contributed to the collision," said another statement also released Friday by the investigations office.

The agency investigates any police-involved incident where there is a death or serious injury.

Driver released with no charges

The driver of the pickup truck that hit the cruiser was taken into custody, but released the next day without being charged.

A criminal investigation has been launched by Vancouver Island RCMP and the probe into the crash is being conducted by the Saanich Police Department.

sarah beckett

Hundreds of people lined the procession route before Beckett's funeral last Tuesday as the hearse carrying her remains made its way to the service.

A riderless horse signifying a fallen officer was part of the procession as RCMP officers dressed in traditional red serge uniforms marched in a sombre tribute to their fellow officer.

sarah beckett funeral

Thousands more later attended Beckett's funeral at a Colwood, B.C., ice arena near Victoria, where she was remembered as a deeply-committed officer with a quirky sense of humour, and a loving wife and mother.

The 11-year member of the force left behind a husband and two sons aged five and two.
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #84
Witness protection

BC?s police watchdog investigating crash that killed RCMP Const. Sarah Beckett | Globalnews.ca
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 04-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #85
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
So the story I'm hearing is that another officer saw this truck driving without headlights on, so he put on his flashers intending to pull the truck over. This spooked the truck driver and apparently he sped up and away.

That officer then decided he wasn't going to give chase, and turned off his flashers.

Then moments later this truck hit officer Beckett's cruiser.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #86
Witness protection

unbelievable... same person who killed cst. beckett crashes again:

Man injured in weekend rollover linked to crash that killed Cst. Sarah Beckett

Quote:

Emergency crews were called to a single-vehicle rollover crash at 12:50 a.m. Sunday on Goldstream Heights Drive near Findlayson View Place, close to Shawnigan Lake.

Malahat Fire Chief Rob Patterson has seen a lot of carnage on the roads over the years but he said this crash was particularly violent.

“The truck was airborne for about 50, 60 feet until it landed in the place where we found it,” Patterson said.

“Looking at the marks on the road they were traveling at terminal velocity, there is no doubt in my mind,” he said.

Incredibly, neither of the truck’s two occupants were killed — a woman was treated by paramedics, while Patterson and his crew worked to remove an injured man from the vehicle.

“He had his eyes open, couldn’t really focus, couldn’t answer questions appropriately,” he said.

Police at the scene later told Patterson the same man had been linked to the investigation into Constable Sarah Beckett’s death.

Beckett was killed in Langford on April 5, 2016 when her RCMP cruiser was hit by a truck.

Patterson said because neither occupant in Sunday’s crash was wearing a seat belt he couldn’t tell who was driving, but he said the truck was going extremely fast when it hit the curve.

“It’s a miracle they managed to survive at all.”

The crash is now in the hands of B.C.’s independent police watchdog.

A spokesperson said West Shore RCMP had attempted to stop the vehicle prior to the crash to perform a road check, but the truck failed to stop.

It was found rolled over in the ditch a short time later.

Police aren’t saying if alcohol was a factor.

“We did not smell alcohol, there was alcohol in the cab, there was a case of cab but there was no open alcohol in the cab that we found,” said Patterson.

Officers with the Independent Investigations Office will now try to determine if the actions or inactions of police led to the crash.

Police won’t comment on a possible connection between this investigation and the death of Cst. Sarah Beckett.

Nobody has been charged in connection with Beckett’s death but Saanich Police have now finished their part of the investigation.

They were looking at the dynamics of the crash, and their crash analyst report has now been sent to the RCMP.

Last edited by thumper; 05-26-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #87
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Bummer...him dying would've done more justice than anything the joke court system will hand down.

Clearly being in a crash that caused a death did not stop his recklessness. There's little chance for change and rehabilitation.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #88
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

... Wow, really?
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #89
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Either he was actually trying to kill himself or he is a real danger to society. Anyone punch his name into that criminal charges database and see if he has a history?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #90
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
what if hes some dude time travelleling and shit from the future, vanish into the sky.....

srsly, hope he burns in hell

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #91
Witness protection

Charges approved in death of RCMP Const. Sarah Beckett - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 09-15-2016, 05:01 AM   #92
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Goodness, this guy's fucking driving record. What a fucking scum.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:29 AM   #93
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,185 Times in 359 Posts
"
Impaired driving causing death.
Flight from police causing death.
Dangerous driving causing death.
Driving with a blood alcohol content in excess of 80 milligrams.
Refusing to provide a sample of his blood.
"

"Fenton is being sued for a separate single-vehicle roll-over accident which occurred outside Victoria one month later. A female passenger in a truck Fenton was driving is asking for damages and loss of income suffered as a result of her injuries.

Fenton was also charged with impaired driving in 2010. He was found guilty of the lesser offence of driving without due care and attention."
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #94
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
piece of shit probably gonna get like a year in jail with 5 year driving ban and probation

justice system is a joke

This waste of life should be stoned to death.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #95
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
piece of shit probably gonna get like a year in jail with 5 year driving ban and probation
And that still won't stop him from driving.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #96

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
icbc had the audacity to pin fault on the fallen officer days before christmas

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...laim-1.5405662
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #97
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
icbc had the audacity to pin fault on the fallen officer days before christmas

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...laim-1.5405662
In almost every car accident claim, ICBC will deny liability even in the clearest accidents. This makes ppl have to incur a lot of costs to prove fault even though it's clear. Big reason why icbc is losing money; their stupid tactics.

So stupid to see them pin liability on the officer when the same AG (Eby) prosecuted the other driver in the criminal case.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #98
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Damn, that dude only got 4 years..
Old 12-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #99
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
Damn, that dude only got 4 years..
I can't imagine what I’d do to that person if they got away with murder, if it was my family member. All these people being set free with bullshit punishments, families will eventually take justice into their own hands.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote