REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Rogers just increased monthly bill for existing customer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708426-rogers-just-increased-monthly-bill-existing-customer.html)

jerche 04-12-2016 02:24 PM

Rogers wouldn't budge... I was in the same boat too had like $30/40 in monthly credits for many many years and then it just expired...

To be fair, the credits always had an expiration date....you just have to get lucky that you get the right rep to extend it but now they're more anal about it and just stopped or i got really unlucky a couple years ago...tried to call in many times before it got expired but couldnt get it to extend so i jumped ship

6o4__boi 04-12-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 8746372)
Citiphone/Zoomer Wireless.

Rogers' reseller - same network, but lower prices.

how's the coverage and speed?

Armind 04-12-2016 02:45 PM

I hope Fido doesn't pull this shit on me..

Tapioca 04-12-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8746535)
how's the coverage and speed?

In my experience, exactly the same. I was a Rogers customer for 10 years before I made the switch after I heard about the promotions on RFD.

Gucci Mane 04-12-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 8746283)
Come to the Koodo side of things, BYOD $48 Manitoba plan, 5gb of data with unlimited Canada wide calling.

Both myself and the fiancé are on this plan.

yup! i'm on this plan as well and love it. $53 taxes in a month and no complaints what so ever about the service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8746467)
We just got a proposal from Telus for a new corporate plan. For reference:

$55/mnth
-unlimited national calling/texting
-3GB shared data
-forwarding,CID,call waiting, etc...

It's worth reviewing how much you're paying right now, and if it's worth shelling out for it. I rarely use data. If I needed internet access, there was usually a hotspot around. Free wifi is everywhere, now. If you have Shaw home internet, then you'll also have access to all the ShawOpen access points, which seem to carpet the Lower Mainland.

my sister works for TD and just recently signed up for this plan. she got lucky, they were offering a bunch of free phones in march and she got the galaxy s7. only shitty thing is that the galaxy s7 is on back order apparently and they're taking their sweet time sending her out a phone.

Obsideon 04-12-2016 03:36 PM

Rogers is retarded.
My girlfriend got her contract cancelled by accident. It was her sister that was going back to Taiwan that wanted to cancel her contract. Rogers cancelled BOTH plans. So when we called Rogers to tell them about the mistake, they admitted they made the mistake but because my girlfriend had a grandfathered plan they can't re-instate it and forced her to sign a new and more expensive contract, wtf?
Long story short we had to go back and forth half a dozen times over a span of 3 weeks and talk to 20 different people before they still forced her into a new plan but with discounted credit.
It was a huge headache for such a small matter that was their problem to begin with.

Doubl3_H 04-12-2016 04:25 PM

So after being with Rogers for more than 10 years now, last week they called me and informed me that they will terminate my service this month.

Reason being I work out of town and here in AB I am in their extended cover network, and for the last 3 months I've been on their ECN more than on their Rogers network.

So they called me and told me to port my numbers over to Telus, they will unlock my phone for free and take care of any fee that's still remaining on my contract.

vitaminG 04-12-2016 05:46 PM

^ i just called them about that cause ill be on their extended coverage for an indefinite amount of time. they said i can be in extended for 3-6 months at their discretion. good to know that this is what happens.

what fee are they taking care of? are they buying out your contract?

cctw 04-12-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8746565)
Rogers is retarded.
My girlfriend got her contract cancelled by accident. It was her sister that was going back to Taiwan that wanted to cancel her contract. Rogers cancelled BOTH plans. So when we called Rogers to tell them about the mistake, they admitted they made the mistake but because my girlfriend had a grandfathered plan they can't re-instate it and forced her to sign a new and more expensive contract, wtf?
Long story short we had to go back and forth half a dozen times over a span of 3 weeks and talk to 20 different people before they still forced her into a new plan but with discounted credit.
It was a huge headache for such a small matter that was their problem to begin with.

next time just file a bbb claim. everytime they screw up my contract and give me bs about not being able to reinstate it I just file a claim and voila they fix it within a week.

twitchyzero 04-13-2016 12:02 AM

no point losing sleep over wireless bills...unless corporate/govt rate is maintained I feel there's very little reason to stay with Rogers Wireless

even grandfathered plan was only half decent...there's really no loyalty for customers 15 years +...at some point you'll get tired of calling in to negotiate just to keep status-quo.

koodo mb/sk plan is the best middle finger you can give to Robbers

Doubl3_H 04-13-2016 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminG (Post 8746628)
^ i just called them about that cause ill be on their extended coverage for an indefinite amount of time. they said i can be in extended for 3-6 months at their discretion. good to know that this is what happens.

what fee are they taking care of? are they buying out your contract?

My contract expires in Sept of this year, so the csr said the fee would be around $200.

They told me I was on their extended 79% of the month, so according to that percentage, my service would be terminated after 4 months consecutive.

Is koodo on the same network as telus? I have a Saskatoon address that I can use to sign up

Mr.HappySilp 04-13-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Rogers is retarded.

Keep bring this up to the higher up till they fix it. If they admitted is their fault then they have to fix it. File it with BBB and CRTC.

vitaminG 04-13-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubl3_H (Post 8746748)
My contract expires in Sept of this year, so the csr said the fee would be around $200.

They told me I was on their extended 79% of the month, so according to that percentage, my service would be terminated after 4 months consecutive.

Is koodo on the same network as telus? I have a Saskatoon address that I can use to sign up

ya same network. The plan your thinking of is only in manitoba now though, but you dont need a manitoba address. go on howard forums and theres step by step instructions. i know it works because i just finished porting in my number 5 mins ago

Port Man 04-15-2016 12:54 AM

6GB data, 400 daytime minutes (Canada-wide), unlimited evening+weekends, unlimited text/picture msg, caller id.

$35 for 400 min base plan
$30 for 6gb

I've been on m2m for almost a year (Mid may)

They upped it $5 to a total of $70 pre-tax this months bill. Going to call in and ask what changed tomorrow.. maybe they were hoping I didn't notice. How are people keeping their grand-fathered contracts and getting new subsidized phones on contracts? I would sign a 2 yr and pay a few hundred for an s7, not with a damn max plan though :suspicious:. Currently using s5 which I bought privately

blkgsr 04-15-2016 05:12 AM

got fucked raped by rogers yesterday for a shared everything plan for my wife and i, BYOD

need to get on this manitoba swap

Razor Ramon HG 04-15-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Rogers is retarded.

CCTS complaint. Those get resolved within a week. Trust me.

unit 04-15-2016 07:04 AM

i have the fido byop plan, i just signed up like 6 months ago, wasnt a grandfathered plan or anything.

3gb, canada wide unlimited, etc...
$50+tax

winson604 04-15-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8747444)
CCTS complaint. Those get resolved within a week. Trust me.

2nd that, CCTS actually works. I had a situation once and after speaking to multiple people, managers etc didn't result in anything. Filed a CCTS complaint and within a week got things settled.

Your case imo sounds like a pretty slam dunk. Now I don't work for Rogers and I can certainly understand that if a grandfathered plan doesn't exist any more that their system can't put that plan in but at the end of the day they need to one way or another figure out a crafty way to ensure she gets the same if not similar and pay the same price.

mr_chin 04-15-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 8746517)
My $60 plan.

It blows my mind how plans can get more expensive and worse as technological advances are made.

oligopoly ftw

Uhh, it's not that mind blowing. Price will increase with the rise of people's necessities. I bet more than 75% of vancouverites don't even NEED all data minutes and data.

Stop youtubing and browsing facebook on instagram when you're on data connection and you will find that you don't even consume more than 1gb of data per month.

People need to honestly recap on their monthly usage over the past 12 months and ask themselves, do they really need unlimited minutes and 3+ gb? Can they live on a talk and text plan without data and just survive with public wifi? It is these people with the "necessities" that is driving up these plans from the big 3.

unit 04-15-2016 10:13 AM

people in other countries use a ton of data and they don't have to pay these types of prices. it's not the users fault prices are high.

Manic! 04-15-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8747498)
Uhh, it's not that mind blowing. Price will increase with the rise of people's necessities. I bet more than 75% of vancouverites don't even NEED all data minutes and data.

Stop youtubing and browsing facebook on instagram when you're on data connection and you will find that you don't even consume more than 1gb of data per month.

You understand that if people use less data companies like Rogers will make less money causing them to jack up rates.

Also people should not have to change the way they consume media.

zetazeta 04-15-2016 10:29 AM

Man those are some expensive plans... I actually had a pretty decent plan with Rogers that I cancelled late last year. They wouldn't let me upgrade phones with that price as the plan was too cheap. I asked several friends if they wanted the plan but none were interested....
http://i.imgur.com/A5r0J5C.jpg
Rogers: $65.5 for 6gb. It used to be $57.5 but they cancelled some of my credits even though they promised that the credits would last for the whole 3 year duration of my term. Really pissed me off when they did that so I was pretty stoked when the CRTC ruled we could cancel plans after 2 years into a 3 year plan

Switched to an employee plan with Bell and upgraded to the Nexus 6P. The plan is also better since Bell has canada wide calling and 100 extra minutes. The best thing with Bell is that I get data throughout most of the Canada line trip. When I was on Rogers, the connection was horrible and I had no data connection for most of the Vancouver stations on the Canada Line.
http://i.imgur.com/gZK35XU.jpg
Bell: $56 for 6gb

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8747498)

People need to honestly recap on their monthly usage over the past 12 months and ask themselves, do they really need unlimited minutes and 3+ gb? Can they live on a talk and text plan without data and just survive with public wifi? It is these people with the "necessities" that is driving up these plans from the big 3.

Companies are going to increase prices regardless....

I think data is more important than text messages and calling for a lot of people. I have a buddy that's using a pure 6gb data plan (no phone number, text, etc...) and he has a VoIP number that can call / receive. For me, I use very few minutes each month, and barely any text messages. 99% of my communication is done via email, whatsapp, and fb messenger. Also, another popular app that needs data is Google/Apple maps.

conandoyle 04-15-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 8746517)
http://i.imgur.com/uFvSOSt.png

My $60 plan.

It blows my mind how plans can get more expensive and worse as technological advances are made.

oligopoly ftw

That's a freaking awesome deal. $60 for 5 gb

Hondaracer 04-15-2016 08:45 PM

What is CCTS?

Another thing I found recently was the "limited" TV packages now offered

Got my shaw cable back for NHL playoffs and horse racing. Renewed with my own hardware for the $25 a month no contract limited package, needed Sportsnet and TSN so figured would either be able to get both in a package or add-on the individual channels themselves

They now split TSN and SN into two seperate packs, 1 for $8 or both for $14

So in order to get BASIC sports pack, and basic cable, $44 a month :/

smaggs 04-15-2016 09:45 PM

Exact same thing happened to me last week as OP. I called them and gave them shit (respectfully) and they said they do not have the ability to reinstate the monthly discount even if they wanted to. But they were still able to let me have a $5 discount instead of my previous $25. It was starting to use too much of my time to fight for it and i still have a pretty decent plan so i let it go. Damn Rogers...