REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
definitely not the same anymore
I totally feel you on driving in Vancouver...it's gone to the shits

When I was still living in Van, I was almost gonna give up on driving standard cus it felt like i never leave 2nd gear.
Then I moved out to Burnaby and eventually the tri-cities and I'm glad I didn't give up.
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #27
I don't get it

My plans in the next year will be to pick up an electric smart car for vancouver and move all my toys east about 3 hours and be near Area27. That way I can do track days victoria/ridge/area27 and have FUN commutes where I can actually wind it out in 4th gear.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

You do realize that there is more to the lower mainland than just Vancouver right? Of course you won't be able to enjoy your car during the work rush and such. Plus with the population of Vancouver now, there's just too many people and/or cars to really enjoy it unless it's the middle of the night. Take HWY 7 and head out for Harrison on a Saturday morning. Lot's of curves and long straights with little to no traffic or cops. It's like people complaining about the housing prices in Vancouver while continuing to live/buy there when they could just as easily move 30 minutes away from Vancouver and pay half the price
thebrownboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
^ this. theres so many great driving roads in the fraser valley. if you want to cruise around vancouver, do it at night. during the day, drive out to the valley.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
One thing I have learned to help keep my sanity as a car enthusiast is that you need two vehicles.

One vehicle is your commuter, the work horse that gets your ass to work. The one where you don't care about rock chips or door dings from people with poor parking skills.

The second vehicle and any vehicle after that is your precious. wash, polish, admire, repeat.

If you use one vehicle as both your commuter and your precious. You will never escape the "wear and tear" and must accept the rock chips and dings. I also think that your mind set and driving habits are completely different when you are cruising in your commuter compared to when you are cruising in your baby.
What if the second car is a mini van for the wife and kids, and my own car is just a hyundai accent commuter ? ....

PS: wife said I can buy new car after we finish financing the sienna

Hmmm... Choices.... 2 seater sports or 4 door luxury sports sedan ....
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 AM   #31
I STILL don't get it

hmm, reading this it makes me feel sad.. gais com'on, come visit asia, oh Taiwan to be exact, rent a sports car, and try to drive on the road! with everything you mentioned, plus stupid scooters that gives you attitudes.. have fun about that..

good example I can make is, I now drive a sohc civic, the 96 coupe, there has been a couple cases of GTI, 335, heck even 458, just straight out launch beside me when lights turn green, they never end up running away from me, cuz guess what, the next traffic light stops them. its that bad.
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Enjoy the time driving in Vancouver, pretty much everyone is following the rules and air quality is good.

I live in Hong Kong driving a SLK, the top never comes down, heavy rain will start to leak, road is horrible, lanes are narrow, buses is likely to run you over, taxi drivers drive like destruction derby, A/C can never turn off, gas and car price are 2x more expensive, intersection have no sensors

EV with super high-profile tires is the way to go...
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:06 AM   #33
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,931 Times in 583 Posts
I still love driving in Vancouver. Weather is mild, roads are nice.

I had my car here in Edmonton for a year and the roads destroyed it. They gravel the roads so you get rockchips all the time and the roads looks like minefields.

And dont get me started on Albertan drivers. You though Richmond drivers were bad? Albertan drivers must be the worst drivers in all of Canada.

I drove my car back to Vancouver and left it there. I enjoy it every time I come back to visit.
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post

I feel like once I shift it into 2nd gear, I have to brake again to let three lanes merge into one for road work, or get trapped behind rows and rows of dump trucks and construction vehicles.
Within 1000 KM of my new Mustang, I had a nail in the tire and a rock chip, from all of the never-ending construction.
That's why you should drive a slow car fast instead.
I get to shift into 3rd before I have to brake again.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote