REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #26
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

ITR is a special car, just the ideal mix that Honda got right. That being said, I think the S2000 is the better sports car overall. Its actually got me thinking of selling my ITR and getting a nice S2000 to play with.
Advertisement
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

I think they both perform well at the track. S2000 being your typical sports car layout.
Even on weekends and track days, its always good to have some trunk space for tools, extra tires, oil, and other stuff you bring to the track.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:32 AM   #28
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I've owned, tracked and autoX'd both.
NCRX is correct and wrong at the same time.
Koni yellow's are the same price for both cars.
Sway bars are the same price for both cars.
Both are not must haves if one isn't too serious about autoX.
Brake pads cost about the same but S2k rotors are slightly more expensive.
S2k tires cost a tad more since you will most likely want 17's while the ITR is better with 15's.
Finding used B series parts is much easier and cheaper than S2k parts but that means S2k will get better resale when you decide to unmodify the car.

I'd go S2k because normal DD'ing, the car acts like a Civic. Easy to drive, good on gas.

I'd say no to ITR's because you will live in constant fear that the car will not be there when you come out of the BBT place.
Or you wake up in the morning and the door is wide open and everything inside the car has been stolen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
^ I live in constant fear that my hardtop will get stolen even though I have a lock. When the hardtop is off, I live in constant fear that the soft top will get slashed.

But anywho I know the car would still be there lol

I've driven the DC2 and I'm by no means a great driver. I enjoyed the high revving and fast response, quick turn in etc. All those characteristics I also found when I bought my 05' AP2V1 with throttle cable. Personally not a fan of DBW 06+
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
^ I live in constant fear that my hardtop will get stolen even though I have a lock. When the hardtop is off, I live in constant fear that the soft top will get slashed.

But anywho I know the car would still be there lol

I've driven the DC2 and I'm by no means a great driver. I enjoyed the high revving and fast response, quick turn in etc. All those characteristics I also found when I bought my 05' AP2V1 with throttle cable. Personally not a fan of DBW 06+
Surprisingly, I never had those fears when I had my hardtop on or with the softtop when the top was off.
I've even parked overnight with the top down.

I've yet to drive an 06+ so i am not sure how much of a difference the feel is, but I do like my Ap1 steering rack more.
But in the end, it's all personal. I do like the idea of the 06+ being able to be flashed and getting gains with mild mods and a better throttle response.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

S2000. Would be so fun to wind that engine up and could use higher RPMs around town. It would be like a street legal go-kart.

I'd love to just drive one some day; while I love my Mustang GT, it has so much power that it's impossible to wind the engine up to the higher RPM range.

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 04-16-2016 at 01:18 PM.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #32
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Don't s2k come with forged internals stock?
Boost it bb
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,105 Times in 975 Posts
^In b4 mustang memes
Old 04-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Thanks RS, seems like the choice is pretty clear! I have to agree though, although finding a clean well maintained s2k is hard, I think finding an ITR is even harder. Hopefully I can wait out long enough for USD to drop and pick one up down there as they have so much more choices than we have up here. I just wished I had a chance to drive an ITR to see if I can compare it with the S2K to see how different they really respond under limit.

As for fitment issues, I'm not a big guy by any means 5'10, so cabin room is not really an issue and it wont be my daily. Now the hard part is really finding one that is somewhere within budget. Seems like a well maintained, documented, mint AP2 are going for $25k now..sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
Is there really that much of a difference? I've not only heard it from you but a few other owners also, most ppl say that 04 05 was the best year, and some say 06 and up since you can tune.
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #35

If 22K is your budget, there is that $16.5K ITR on CL that should fit your bill.
But since you've had a GSR before, then I say skip the ITR and go S2K.
Honestly, the ITR isn't THAT different from the GSR.

Only real noticable difference is the LSD tranny.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #36
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I'd vote s2k all the way, that thing is so fun to drive. But you really cant drive it like a grandma though, keeping the revs up high is where it loves to be. Anything under 3000 revs and the soccer mom in her sienna is gonna smoke you lol. But really the car handles like a go-cart, it turns like its on rails even with the stock suspension.

Yea the ITR is also more rare, but the same could be said about a low mileage clean S2k. Both are appreciating in value, especially if you find a good one and keep it clean. Enjoy the life without kids while you can OP! One day you might be the soccer dad in the sienna looking over with envy at a young couple with his s2000
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

S2K ALL day!
20psi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Soccer dad with an ITR checking in.

It's funny I get thumbs up from Honda drivers and just yesterday a guy in a new Civic Si 4 door wanted to stop light drag race while I have my daughter in her baby seat lol

Lesson here is enjoy life before you have kids. Especially sleeping in
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #39
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Honda s2000

I own a black Honda s2000 that I'm currently looking to sell. It's in great condition and I know you'll love the drive. I enjoyed taking it out on the weekends and sunny days just to drive with the top down. A beautiful car indeed that is built for cruising

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5542541805.html
dmal92191 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: