REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Just wondering if many people know much about/Or researched on the "Mandela Effect"??

Ok first of all I haven't been using Revscene for literally close to a decade now, (omg does time ever fly!! well maybe 8 years?) but i thought of coming on here to post this topic as i was trying to find places where i used to be able to contact/talk to local people here in Vancouver, such as like minded individuals who we are all in the approx. age group (within ten years or so or whatever?) and who have similar interests etc etc? So i'm trying to find more people to talk to about this very strange subject and to confirm a few things here and there, i'll explain more of what i mean in a bit, first let me mention:

Well anyways I've always loved researching and reading up on about conspiracy theories, the supernatural and paranormal phenomenon, and i guess all the other similar/strangeness kinda stuffs and similar to those i guess??

Well it's just been very recently that i came across this whole Mendela Effect thingy which is just so confusing, mind boggling and also freaky and spooky and everything else all in between!! &Scariest thing is that it's like almost not debunkable so it seems?

In case people who haven't heard much about it yet, it basially has stuff to do with parallel world's(or realities/universes or whatever, and i know, as crazy as it may sound/seem, but almost like the Matrix in real life as some say?? OR real-life Twilight-zone stuff?) it's like this crazy phenomenon where it seems like many of us have come from another parallel universe where things are just a bit different!

The most popular and debatable things are such as the childrens books, The Berenstein Bears (well that was the name from our old reality many say) but now in this universe or reality it is called the Berenstain Bears and never "EVER" was called the Berenstein Bears which baffles many people! And the childrens book Curious George the monkey used to have a tail, and now doesnt anymore (in this reality anyways and it NEVER had one before either here!) these two popular Mandela effects were popularized by children who noticed it first and freaking out about it people say, which is when adults started looking into it!

Another 2 popular ones are movie quotes[/I][/I]
which many Star Wars fans would know best because the most popular/famous quote from the empire strikes back, many know the famous line that Darth Vadar says, "Luke, I am your father!" but now, they are trying to tell us that it never was that and it is now changed to "No! i am your father" which really doesnt make sense to alot of people and also if you or anyone who owns the DVD or even better yet, the oldschool VHS tapes, and rewind/fast forward to that part, and those of you who can swear that it is the former or first one i mentioned, will now somehow "magically" be changed to the new one!

Another one is Forrest Gump said "My momma used to say, life is like a box of chocolate's, you never know what you're gonna get" and now it is past tense saying "Life "was" a box of chocolates"!! O.o

And two great examples of popular ones being titles of a movie or show!

The movie Interview with A Vampire, is now Interview with The Vampire

and the show called Sex in the City is now Sex and the City

This may or may not be so strange sounding to some people, yet..... Perhaps?

But the rabbit hole goes even deeper and deeper!!

Bcuz apparantly there are some pretty big changes in the World Geography, Human Anatomy, and a bunch of other things, but i should really try to keep my post/list down to a minimal as possible and only include one or two points from each for now, unless otherwise asked for? ok so regarding:

Changes in Human Anatomy

Before many people known of the Heart to be a little bit off to the left of the chest but now is directly in the middle of chest right in between the lungs

And the stomach was much lower like almost as low as right behind the belly button but now it is much higher and behind the lower left ribs while the intestines occupy most of the space where many people remember it to be? also the kidneys are different size now and a bit changed in locations also some say? I wasn't that big into human anatomy knowledge but it sounds like what they say is true, this is where i would need some possibly previous university med students who studied it, (probably need to be at least a bunch of years ago and not too recently to notice the changes perhaps?) to have some input in order to confirm it??

Changes in World Geography

I believe the most popular ones here are the change in location of Korea!! from what many people remember it used to be much much much lower than it is now! like right by Vietnam and Thailand, stuff like that? now it is way up there which also shares a border with Russia? and right beside Japan? and apparantly Japan has moved a bit too, then Mongolia used to be almost a non-existant country and some say they remember it being below China but now it is a very big country right in between Russia and China and took a good chunk out of both countries, because most people know of China to be much larger and one of the biggest countries in the world! now it is so much smaller!
Also Australia changed in size and is moved much farther up, because it used to be surrounded by ocean and now it is right below the islands of Papua New Guinea and the Phillipine islands as well kind of? (&Also the capital of Australia was it also Canberra? Wasn't it Sydney before tho? This one i'm not sure about, i'm just asking on my own behalf off top of my head!)
And what about New Zealand? Many people remember it being on the other side of Australia and in the Indian Ocean plus it was just one island, now it is split into two islands with a north and a south island?
Everyone used to know the capital city of Turkey was Istanbul, but now it is called Ankara?
(&This one, i've always thought the capital of Brazil was, and always was and still is Rio de Janeiro, but it's apparantly called Brasillia?)
AND in New York, the statue of liberty has moved and Staten Island used to only be accessible by ferry but now there are a few bridges which looks as if they are old and have always been there which baffles many New-Yorkers recently!

Well so anyways what i listed here are just only a few examples of the many changes in Geography, our anatomy and many many other things!! I am just really interested in this topic and would like to know more, especially from some people who are more familiar with Geography, and for examply Korean and Japanese people, where do you remember Korea and Japan to be? and now, read up on the history, because of the different locations, history is also very different, such as Japan used to not be allowed or something to have a big army but apparantly they were in the Iraq war which many dont remember being true. Also World War 2 history has changed too regarding something along the lines of Japan attacking France and someone else at the same time or something? i don't quite remember what this one person was telling me (because i am not that familiar with history unfortunately)
But they say that Korea used to be much more of a tropical climate and not have snow at all or something? But now, there are websites advertising snowboarding and ski resorts in Korea?!? That is very very mind boggling to the people from the other universe or reality and not from this current one! and i am trying to find out and ask are there any Korean people that are experiencing this right now? Such as ones who been here for many years or was born here and maybe just went back to Korea once when really young or something like that and know only of the old Korea in the previous location?

Oh my gosh, i never meant to even write half as much as i did, but i just wanted to be a bit more thorough and understanding but wanted to try to be more brief?(if that makes any sense? lol?!) But anyways, i'm really interested in hearing from you all, anyone who has any input and agree's or disagree's with these "supposedly" facts or changes?? Anyone else who has been looking into this new and very interesting phenomenon?

Also lastly, i would like to include a few very great youtube video links to a few very excellent Mandela Effect explanations or examples etc?? Best to watch in this order or #4 first or second then #2 and #3 last! (personally i like watching #1 first, especially that it is shortest one as well and being a great introduction! Although Byron makes the most and best video's overall!)

#1) The Mandela Effect!! Mind Blowing Changes In Our Current Reality!!!
by: MoneyBags73 LINK:

#2) Mandela Effect Geography and Maps of the world have changed.
by: Byron Preston LINK:

#3) Mandela Effect Human Anatomy has changed? Proof we were moved here? by:Byron Preston LINK:

#4) Mandela Effect introduction by Byron Preston
LINK:

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS AND WOULD REALLY LOVE INPUT FROM AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AS I'M TRULY BAFFLED AND CONFUSED MYSELF TRYING TO THINK RATIONALLY HERE BECAUSE THINKING OF PARALLEL REALITIES AND STUFF LIKE BEING IN THE MATRIX FOR REAL SOUNDS TOO FAIRY TALE-ish AND LIKE THAT IT CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN THE MOVIES? O.o
Advertisement
Mr. LangJai is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2016, 01:29 AM   #2
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Bro, you write a post that is as long as my rambles, except it is blatantly obvious that the answer to your question is:

the human brain, memory wise, is not as accurate as we think it is... false memories and other shit happen all the time. Thoughts and stimuli of the present, actually affect past memories.

obviously our minds are all built very similarly and therefore remember things the same way, and ohhhh wait for it... make the same mistakes.

it's called people are fucking idiots.

You can't trust your memory. That's why we fucking write everything down. We learnt how to do that in school.

I mean just think about it.

is it MORE POSSIBLE alternate dimension world shit is merging/mixing up... or that most human brains are wired the same fucking way and make the same fucking mistakes.

it's blatantly obvious what the answer is.

You should spend your time researching why human brains remember things incorrectly. Not why alternate universes are fucking with ours. It would be a lot more useful.

basically half the time you're observing and consuming information... you're not really fucking paying attention. you're just looking at part of it, glancing over, and as soon as you think you recognize it, you move on to the next thing... and your brain fills in the rest with whatever the fuck it wants based on stuff you know. Like a dream. just filling in the blanks... and wow! looks like our brains all fill in things we easily overlook with biases, stereotypes, grammar we learnt and other "assumed" things... jee i wonder why...

if you can fucking forget where you put your keys or your wallet, you can be god damn sure you can't properly remember a lot of other things that you never actually studied and memorized.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-25-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Please let CiC be the next one to reply
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 02:24 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Korea used to be next to Vietnam?
I grew up in SK since late 70s, I sure dont remember being hot and sunny all year around.

GTFO lol

Last edited by ImportPsycho; 04-25-2016 at 02:30 AM.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:49 AM   #5

Anyway, the one about not remembering titles is interesting. The one I noticed recently was Berenstain Bears, I always thought it was Berenstein bears [as it would be if it were a real name]. Nothing has changed, it's just how memory works.

The rest of it, you just have to be ignorant to reality to think that the heart is not near the middle of the chest, stomach in the upper portion [and the guts below that], and geography...

That's not misremembering something like a book title, that's just not knowing anything about anatomy or geography.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 05:18 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. LangJai View Post

Another 2 popular ones are movie quotes[/I][/I]
which many Star Wars fans would know best because the most popular/famous quote from the empire strikes back, many know the famous line that Darth Vadar says, "Luke, I am your father!" but now, they are trying to tell us that it never was that and it is now changed to "No! i am your father" which really doesnt make sense to alot of people and also if you or anyone who owns the DVD or even better yet, the oldschool VHS tapes, and rewind/fast forward to that part, and those of you who can swear that it is the former or first one i mentioned, will now somehow "magically" be changed to the new one!

I do believe I've always known it as "no, I am your father". Me and my older brother used to watch the movies all the time on repeat as kids in the early 90's since we loved the movies. Whenever we would get into little fights he would push me to the floor, do a little kung fu style 360 jump (or some other equally as stupid stance), hold his hand up and tell me that line which would always end up with me either laughing or getting madder than I already was.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #7
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
You can't trust your memory. That's why we fucking write everything down. We learnt how to do that in school.
Apparently, that's something the first nations people never did....... write anything down. Their history was remembered through stories, song, and dance.

Anyway..............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:11 AM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ which is probably why some of the stories of their history are fairly exaggerated.

For the movie quotes, it's not just old movies, people misquote brand new movies. The reason being people are fucking stupid, nobody went in and h4xored everyones VHS tapes.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
dude wait until you watch Sliders or Doctor Who, your minds gonna get blown

StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #10
I subscribe to Revscene

Pretty sure it was always Sex AND the City, bruh.

not like i'd know. or that i know what the show's about...uh...i'm gonna go.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #11
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Sounds like the OP has finally discovered mind-altering substances.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Sounds like the OP has finally discovered mind-altering substances.
Yup this is the stoner talk everyone goes through within their first week of smoking weed
Old 04-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
there's nothing within our scientific frameworks to suggest that alternate realities or universe cannot exist, however there simply is no evidence.

but gravitational waves can travel outside universes, and since they have been detected recently maybe well find some evidence soon
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #14
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Apparently, that's something the first nations people never did....... write anything down. Their history was remembered through stories, song, and dance.

Anyway..............
That could attribute why the North American native was still essentially a cave man while Europeans etc were creating Marvels of the world lol
Old 04-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,392 Times in 5,087 Posts
8 years of reading RS planning your first big thread and *this* was the best you could do?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That could attribute why the North American native was still essentially a cave man while Europeans etc were creating Marvels of the world lol
Pretty much what I was getting at without saying it. No written language, like WTF? Without records, how do you progress? How can you rely on stories passed down from one generation to another over a span of hundreds of years? Old people.............. nuff said. It's like me telling the story of the hottie in the tight, tight, did I mention, tight, shiny blue dress prancing across the street during Operation Revnose on NYE, 5 years ago, lol. That's when I decided to get a Dashcam. Nobody believed me. Even the RS member driving in the car behind me couldn't confirm. My memory is uber good, btw, even at my age.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #17
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
You know now that people realize CiC is not alone, more crazies gonna come out of the woodwork. Before you know it, we will have sub forums about Zionist and paper mache.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Search Berenstein bears.
Prepare to die of a blown mind OP.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
OP's first post in a decade contains more words than all my posts combined over the same period.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
You know that there's also a slight chance that we're all just living in a simulation and the things around us are just made up in our brains..
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 PM   #21

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
OP's first post in a decade contains more words than all my posts combined over the same period.
That's because half your posts were this:
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #22
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Search Berenstein bears.
Prepare to die of a blown mind OP.
exactly what I was about to say
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #23

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Still shatters my world to this day.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #24
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
I still don't believe it
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #25
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i still dont get it ^ TLDR?

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)