REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

any advice on how to repair bad credit?

Hello guys, I am getting married in about a year. I have been wanting to repair my credit to start off a fresh life with my future wife to be and start a family.

My question is, has anyone gone through a rough patch and gotten bad credit from the past? I am seeking a program but a little bit weary about how legitimate they are and one of the programs I just spoke to a rep there is creditcanada.net.

Anyone have other advice and suggestions how I can fix my credit score from the use of credit cards? I have been seeking help for a while and turning my bad habits around. We've all made mistakes in the past and unfortunately for me this was what caused me to have financial troubles.
Advertisement
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Buy everything on a card and pay it off at the end of every month/as you go?
Old 05-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Only way to repair bad credit is to pay off any outstanding debt and making your monthly payments on time. Having a low utilization rate and not making many credit checks in a short period also helps.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Only way to repair bad credit is to pay off any outstanding debt and making your monthly payments on time. Having a low utilization rate and not making many credit checks in a short period also helps.
yes I have paid off my debts. Just the credit reports have not updated and does not show my debt being paid off. I have been paying everything on time. So i am wondering if these programs actually help boost credit or just a cash grab to pay 499$ and installments for the "loans" or good rating they say they will update your report every two weeks.
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
your credit reports will update 7 years after the last payment, if everything has been paid off then you have to wait until the statue of limitations is up
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
You do not need any credit repair help program. Do the following:

1. Pay every single cent off your bill (including credit card bill) at the end of every month. Easily achieved by setting up automatic withdrawal.
2. Do not carry too many active credit cards. 1 or 2 is fine.
3. Keep your utilization rate at maximum 30%.
4. Check your credit report statement and dispute any misinformation. Your job is to make sure the credit bureaus (Transunion and Equifax) have your correct and most up to date info. They do make mistakes.

That's it. It will take time to repair and you will see solid improvement after 6 months to a year. You will not get the best score until your previous bad credit items have fallen off (7 years). There is no need to check every month. Check every half year or so.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
+1 to Nikko's advise.

Save that $400 for your wedding.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Funny thing when I apply for a mortgage last year I couldn't get one I have an outstanding balance with kudo. Anyways I remember getting a plan with in like 6 or 7 years ago ago or so but I only used it for like 3 days and then return the phone to the store. I got to the kudo store and they can't pull my account at all. I was pretty piss too even calling their customer service was no help (guess it was too long?) couldn't get them to do a thing.

They search my name, address etc etc but I didn't show up on their system. I was pretty piss so I got to the point where I told the other guy on the phone that if they can't found my record that means I owe them nothing and because of their error report I am going to get Transunion and Equifax to remove it. The other guy on the line said no coz I owe them but they can't found my account or much come I owe them. This got up their higher ups and it turns out I owe them $3.50. Fucking $3.50 and as they explain since the amount was so small they didn't send me any invoice plus I cancel my account within a few days so no invoice was issued. I was piss lol. For $3.50 I now have a record on my credit report for not paying Kudo past 90 days. I paid it off right away but it still remains on my credit report saying I didn't pay Kudo past 90days or something like that.

So yea if you do open any accounts and close it make sure you get the remaining balance and have the last bill sent to you stating you paid it off.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:02 AM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Funny thing when I apply for a mortgage last year I couldn't get one I have an outstanding balance with kudo. Anyways I remember getting a plan with in like 6 or 7 years ago ago or so but I only used it for like 3 days and then return the phone to the store. I got to the kudo store and they can't pull my account at all. I was pretty piss too even calling their customer service was no help (guess it was too long?) couldn't get them to do a thing.

They search my name, address etc etc but I didn't show up on their system. I was pretty piss so I got to the point where I told the other guy on the phone that if they can't found my record that means I owe them nothing and because of their error report I am going to get Transunion and Equifax to remove it. The other guy on the line said no coz I owe them but they can't found my account or much come I owe them. This got up their higher ups and it turns out I owe them $3.50. Fucking $3.50 and as they explain since the amount was so small they didn't send me any invoice plus I cancel my account within a few days so no invoice was issued. I was piss lol. For $3.50 I now have a record on my credit report for not paying Kudo past 90 days. I paid it off right away but it still remains on my credit report saying I didn't pay Kudo past 90days or something like that.

So yea if you do open any accounts and close it make sure you get the remaining balance and have the last bill sent to you stating you paid it off.
so, you are piss
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #10
I subscribe to Revscene

yeah it's not so much "repairing" as much as it is "rebuilding"
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
so, you are piss
Not just any normal piss. A pretty piss, or at least was.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #12
I don't get it

Secure Visa, and go from there

Secure Visa is where you give the bank minimum of $500~ whatever limit you can afford
In which they will give you a visa card for that amount they have on hold, usually toward GIC however the amount of interest you earn will not be that high.
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
I don't get it

Maybe lose the Aston and stop going out too much?
Spoiler!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RS.jpg (27.4 KB, 0 views)
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
my family member works in the banking sector...this is most important,it effects your credit score if you miss a payment.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
1. How did you damage your credit? Settlements? Collection agency? Bankruptcy?
If it falls under any of these, then the only thing you can do now is just keep paying on time.

2. How many credit cards do you have?
If you only have 1, try to open another one in a year or so if your answer to #1 is any of the answer listed. When you have a lot of credit available, it will increase your credit score. This is called debt to credit ratio. The less debt you have versus the higher credit limit, the better.

3. What is your spending habit on your credit card?
If you're always maxing out your balance, it could be viewed as a negative thing to lenders. Try to keep as little as possible on your credit card.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote