REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Muhammad Ali dead at age 74 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709108-muhammad-ali-dead-age-74-a.html)

Coren 06-03-2016 08:49 PM

Muhammad Ali dead at age 74

Quote:

Muhammad Ali, the silver-tongued boxer and civil rights champion who famously proclaimed himself "The Greatest" and then spent a lifetime living up to the billing, is dead.

Ali died Friday at a Phoenix-area hospital, where he had spent the past few days being treated for respiratory complications, a family spokesman confirmed to NBC News. He was 74.

"After a 32-year battle with Parkinson's disease, Muhammad Ali has passed away at the age of 74. The three-time World Heavyweight Champion boxer died this evening," Bob Gunnell, a family spokesman, told NBC News.
Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74 - NBC News

Adorkami 06-03-2016 08:50 PM

Sad news, i named my son after him.

Obsideon 06-03-2016 09:03 PM

RIP, it's all over the sports channels right now.

MG1 06-03-2016 09:21 PM

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee!"

"The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adorkami (Post 8760882)
Sad news, i named my son after him.

You named him Cassius?

Eastwood 06-03-2016 09:31 PM

RIP Muhammad Ali
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...37_634x456.jpg

Ch28 06-03-2016 09:32 PM

Greatest boxer to ever live

RIP

Adorkami 06-03-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8760890)
You named him Cassius?

Yeah, a white/chinese kid with the name muhammad might make crossing the border a bit difficult when older.

EndLeSS8 06-03-2016 11:24 PM

He was a great boxer but a huge asshole to Joe Frazier

murd0c 06-03-2016 11:48 PM

one of the greatest ever and by far the greatest smack talker of all time.. Funny thing is I just posted this clip in NWS the other day..

CharlesInCharge 06-03-2016 11:54 PM

The guy was too smart... he could have single handily put a wrench in the prison (slavery) industrial complex which is in collusion with the media industrial complex (Hollywood) to promote a gangster life style for an easy pass to jail.
Most importantly he promoted Islam... big no no since the powers that be see religion as one of their main obstacles in controlling the masses.

I wouldn't be surprised if his disease was brought in purposely then from too many knocks to the brain.

A great speech

murd0c 06-03-2016 11:58 PM

wow shut the fuck up.... This man deserves nothing but respect and then you claim the Parkinson's was caused because of what he did.... I hope I meet you one day cause you deserve a punch in the face and don't deserve any respect at all..

My grandmother died from Parkinson's it's a fucken horrible disease and no one can cause it you sick fuck

CharlesInCharge 06-04-2016 12:16 AM

Aspartame is said to cause Micheal J Foxes Parkinson's... nothing or no one can cause Parkinson's?
Just because youre personally effected doesnt mean you everything about diseases or how the world works. You dont like my posts theres an ignore function on the forum.

SkinnyPupp 06-04-2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8760925)
Aspartame is said to cause Micheal J Foxes Parkinson's... nothing or no one can cause Parkinson's?
Just because youre personally effected doesnt mean you everything about diseases or how the world works. .

Fuck off seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8760925)
You dont like my posts theres an ignore function on the forum.

There's also the ban from thread function LUL

Manic! 06-04-2016 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8760931)
Fuck off seriously.

There's also the ban from thread function LUL

Your a mod why not just ban him from RS.

SkinnyPupp 06-04-2016 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8760932)
Your a mod why not just ban him from RS.

A complete ban is an absolute last resort but it's looking like it might be that time for this guy. He just keeps fucking up otherwise fine threads

N.V.M. 06-04-2016 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 8760893)

The most disrespectful post i've ever seen. and that other POS in this thread, unbelievable. what a fucking disgrace.

Reeyal 06-04-2016 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 8760893)

Too soon.

MG1 06-04-2016 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Says it all............

Edit: see next post with link to the original photo and story behind it.

MG1 06-04-2016 07:13 AM

And, for those of you who are into photography.............

Ali-Liston 50th anniversary: The true story behind Neil Leifer?s perfect photo.

After reading the article, I was blown away. And, the first photo posted earlier is not the right one. Oops.

swiftshift 06-04-2016 08:50 AM

#RIP to #another #Legend.

GabAlmighty 06-04-2016 08:53 AM

RIP to one of the greats

Boostslut 06-04-2016 09:13 AM

RIP to the greatest of all time.

It's really too bad that it was only a matter of time. Parkinson's sucks. Regards to his family and close friends, and fan's all over the world.

And just to clear things up about Parkinson's, FACT'S! Copied and pasted from the Associated Press.

Q: What is Parkinson's?

A: Parkinson's is a neurologic disease that robs people of control over their movements. It typically starts with tremors, and is characterized by slow movement, a shuffling gait, stiff limbs, balance problems and slurred speech.

Q: Who gets it?

A: About 1 million Americans are living with Parkinson's, and an estimated 4 million to 5 million people worldwide, according to the National Parkinson Foundation. It usually appears after age 60, although sometimes it can develop before age 40.

Q: What causes it?

A: The exact cause isn't known but Parkinson's develops when cells that produce one of the brain's chemical messengers, called dopamine, begin to deteriorate and die. Dopamine transports signals to parts of the brain that control movement. Parkinson's symptoms appear after enough dopamine-producing cells die that there's too little of this neurotransmitter in the brain.

Q: Is there a cure?

A: There is no cure but there are a range of treatments, from medications that affect dopamine levels to a surgically implanted tremor-blocking device. Patients also can benefit from physical and occupational therapy.

Q: What's the prognosis?

A: Symptoms worsen over time, usually slowly. The severity of symptoms, and how quickly they progress, varies widely between patients. In advanced cases, people may be unable to walk or care for themselves. They also can suffer non-motor symptoms, including depression and memory and other cognitive dysfunction.

While Parkinson's itself isn't considered fatal, people can die from complications of the disease.

Q: What complications are of most concern?

A: Lung problems are a risk as muscle weakness impedes the ability to cough and to swallow. While any kind of pneumonia can occur, what's called aspiration pneumonia — when bits of food or liquid land in the lungs instead of being swallowed properly — is the leading cause of death among Parkinson's patients, said National Parkinson Foundation medical director Dr. Michael S. Okun

A-Dev 06-04-2016 09:48 AM

not only the best boxer of all time, definitely one of the greatest athletes of all time, period.

I encourage those that don't know his story to look back, he was truly an inspirational person on all levels.

MarkyMark 06-04-2016 10:16 AM

RIP to The Greatest.

MG1 06-04-2016 11:04 AM

Who can talk about Cassius without mentioning his long time friend, Howard Cosell?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/05/sp...pect.html?_r=0