REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #176
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
YES! get him canucks!!! 7x7!!!
That's what he's asking, Jim can do better then that he'll lock him in at 7 for 10 years. I dun good, I got him to sign longer then he wanted to.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #177
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
max I would want to go is 5X5 for him
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #178
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
did lucic bring the cup back after beating vancouver, his hometown?

edit: always thought he went to john oliver, wiki says killarney?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #179

if he signs 4 years its going to be 6-7mil aav. if he really wants the 7 then hes looking at 4-5mil aav. anyone that gives him 6-7mil for 6 or 7 years is in for a world of hurt
Old 06-22-2016, 01:59 PM   #180
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
I'm so scared... the more ridiculous the term & conditions you guys come up with, the more I see Benning actually doing it!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #181
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
I think the only way for Lucic to sign here for less is that he really wants to be home with his family especially with what happened to his dad.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #182
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Eriksson is not much better, being 2 years older and wanting 5-6 years at 5-6 million aav. They are both going to diminish rapidly year after year and are both going to be over paid at the end of their contracts lol. Pick you poison because it seems like Benning wants one or the other!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #183
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Why doesn't Dim Jim consider Okposo instead of Lucic or Eriksson? -so focussed on current and former Boston players.

Okposo > Lucic or Eriksson over the long term.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #184
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post

you're thinking of Evander Kane

i still want to see a push for Boedker
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #185
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:

Yup he did, rented a charter boat for a private party and private events. Didn't do anything public since how all the dbags reacted during the finals to his family and him. He went to Killarney.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 286258_10150287159078117_357.jpg (94.6 KB, 0 views)
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #186
In RS I Trust

Congrats to Hank!!!

Henrik Sedin Awarded 15.16 King Clancy Trophy - Vancouver Canucks - News

Quote:
Vancouver, B.C. - The National Hockey League announced today that Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin was awarded the 2015.16 King Clancy Memorial Trophy, given annually to the NHL player who best exemplifies leadership qualities both on and off the ice and has made a significant humanitarian contribution in his community. Sedin is the second player in franchise history to win the award, following Trevor Linden in the 1996.97 season.

“Henrik is a consummate leader and mentor for his teammates who embodies the principles of honesty, integrity and discipline,” said Canucks President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden. “He has an innate ability to inspire and motivate others through his work ethic and desire to compete at the highest level. Alongside his brother Daniel, Henrik has brightened the lives of children and families in his adopted province of British Columbia for over 15 years. We are proud to see him recognized for his many contributions both on and off the ice.”

Henrik Sedin leads the franchise in games played (1,196), plus/minus (+214), assists (748) and points (970). His statistical achievements are matched by equally significant leadership and community contributions. The Ornskoldsvik, Sweden native, contributes his time, energy and funds to children and families throughout the province of British Columbia. Sedin spends significant time supporting the Canucks for Kids Fund and its charitable partners through fundraising and outreach events, exemplifying to a new generation of Canucks players the importance of giving back to their community. He supports BC Children’s Hospital not only by making frequent visits to spend quality time with the children dealing with serious illnesses, but also by purchasing and donating thousands of dollars worth of Canucks game tickets to those same kids and families. In addition, he has been the face of their Jeans Day provincial fundraiser for several years, helping BC Children’s Hospital Foundation raise more than $1.1 million in 2016. Most significantly, Henrik alongside his wife, brother Daniel and sister-in-law, made a joint $1.5 million donation to help build a brand new BC Children’s Hospital in 2010.

Sedin is also a proud supporter of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice which provides pediatric palliative care to BC’s sickest children and their families. He helps create lasting memories for the Canuck Place families with numerous visits and ticket donations year after year. He is also committed to the Canucks Autism Network (CAN) which provides awareness, support, and programming for individuals and families living with autism. Henrik regularly participates in the annual CAN Sports Day, helping create lasting memories for the participants and families.

In addition to Henrik’s contributions with the Vancouver Canucks, he also has established a charitable foundation, along with Daniel, to reach even more people in the community. The Sedin Family Foundation works with schools, community groups and social service agencies to identify needs and find creative and unique ways to make a difference for children and families. This past season, the Foundation created and launched ‘Clubhouse 36’ at elementary schools in Surrey to provide a safe, structured out-of-school program for kids ages 6-12 to learn, build confidence and have fun. Sedin’s additional community involvements include donating to numerous community projects, including cultural centre and playground builds, as well as kids sports programs, across British Columbia.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #187
In RS I Trust

WOW Holtby with the Vezna
Old 06-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #188

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
WOW Holtby with the Vezna
why do you sound surprised?

He tied Brodeur in all time wins in a season at 48 wins in 12 less games which is insane
Old 06-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #189

Report: Lucic, Eriksson 'high priority' targets for Canucks | theScore.com

Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 05:53 PM   #190
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Some food for thought: Andrew Raycroft holds the Leafs record for most wins in a season at 40.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #191

Quote:

Lucic went to Killarney; except during the Giants season all the players go to Delview Secondary and return to their regular schools once the season is over.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #192

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Props to Henrik. -proud to have this guy as our team's captain. He spent countless hours visiting sick kids at BC Children's Hospital and donated 1.5 million with Daniel to help that organization.

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-22-2016 at 06:36 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 PM   #193
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Can we please stop with posts talking about the Canucks trying to sign Lucic and Eriksson?

Seriously. We get it. Management wants them.

There's no need to keep talking about something that may or may not happen especially since nothing new has developed.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Why doesn't Dim Jim consider Okposo instead of Lucic or Eriksson? -so focussed on current and former Boston players.

Okposo > Lucic or Eriksson over the long term.
rather have both for 6 years at the same time or even one of them than 6 years of okoposo. massively overrated
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 PM   #195
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Can we please stop with posts talking about the Canucks trying to sign Lucic and Eriksson?

Seriously. We get it. Management wants them.

There's no need to keep talking about something that may or may not happen especially since nothing new has developed.
sadly that won't happen until they are signed with the Canucks on July1st
Old 06-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #196

Yandle with Panthers 7yrs 44.5mil
Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #197

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Also Ladd and Brouwer

and David Backes (5 years too late, needed him when Gillis gave him offer sheet)
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #198
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Lol Yandle is basically a younger Campbell
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #199
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
next time ur downtown at Mean Poutine, ask for the `Lucic Poutine` always killer at 230am LOL
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #200
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I had it last time, pretty pricey for a poutine and it had so much random stuff in there smothered in gravy I couldn't figure out what I was eating. It's basically the "everything in it" version. To be fair everything is killer at 2:30am after a night of drinking haha
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote