REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,774
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,277 Posts
Canada Day

With every passing year, Canada Day means so much more.

I mean we really, really, really live in a great country.


My forefathers laid roots in this country hoping for a better life. They made the right move. Working on fifth generation, btw.........

I know new immigrants, from you know where, are causing tensions and whatnot, but they honestly don't know any better. I don't think Canada will ever get worse, only better. Those people will have children and grandchildren and soon they will realize how special it is to be a Canadian.

Our core values? I think they are stronger than ever. One has to really see and experience the rest of this great country to appreciate it.

Tell us RS, how you plan to celebrate Canada Day and what it means to you to be Canadian.


Canada - This is my Home!
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,740
Thanked 7,285 Times in 2,577 Posts
There isn't a better place to be imo.

I've been places where people mocked me when I said I was from Vancouver/Canada, (mostly by Americans) and I'd be fully ready to go to blows if you disrespect my country.

We may not have the national pride and boisterous attitude some other nations do, but I think that's moreso a product of our environment and living in a place where we aren't on constant defense of our identity and pride.

Canada, fuck yea!
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
N.V.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: right here
Posts: 4,563
Thanked 4,514 Times in 700 Posts
RS is the worst place to discuss Canadian core values. don't even.
__________________
now what?
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
With every passing year, Canada Day means so much more.

I mean we really, really, really live in a great country.


My forefathers laid roots in this country hoping for a better life. They made the right move. Working on fifth generation, btw.........

I know new immigrants, from you know where, are causing tensions and whatnot, but they honestly don't know any better. I don't think Canada will ever get worse, only better. Those people will have children and grandchildren and soon they will realize how special it is to be a Canadian.

Our core values? I think they are stronger than ever. One has to really see and experience the rest of this great country to appreciate it.

Tell us RS, how you plan to celebrate Canada Day and what it means to you to be Canadian.


Canada - This is my Home!
i'm really happy you have great pride in your country / homeland, but have you ever lived anywhere else?

Canada is a great place. It is definitely in the upper echelon of countries (safe, clean, protected, free rights) - but I find people around the world have blind faith and love having never experienced anywhere else (not just vacation).

There's always room for improvement. ALWAYS. We should strive to be perfect, even if we fail we can make it better.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,270
Thanked 574 Times in 281 Posts
Most of the places I've been to, have always thought Canadians were nice and are well respected. Moreover, I think it's important to have the mind set that you're representing Canada while traveling outside the country, and that having courtesy and smiling will get you a long way... with anyone not just foreigners.

I dont think I've been viewed negatively for being Canadian anywhere I've gone. South East Asia, US, Australia.

I'm spending the long weekend carrying my shelter on my back through the forest. Camping Canada is best Canada!
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Gululu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Shaughnessy
Posts: 564
Thanked 755 Times in 209 Posts
July 1st 2016 is the 95th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.

July 1st is also Canada day...


Coincidence? I think not...
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,270
Thanked 574 Times in 281 Posts
Fuck it, might as well start calling it Hongcouver, Chinada.
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,774
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i'm really happy you have great pride in your country / homeland, but have you ever lived anywhere else?

Canada is a great place. It is definitely in the upper echelon of countries (safe, clean, protected, free rights) - but I find people around the world have blind faith and love having never experienced anywhere else (not just vacation).
I never had money to travel abroad, let alone live anywhere else, but many of my friends come from other countries. Many of them came here just to visit, but decided to come back and make this their home.

You know how they say the grass is always greener on the other side? Not always the case.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 01:52 AM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,547
Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Too bad I will be force to do OT like any other Canada day due to everyone taking the day off and I am too nice to say no...... well is mostly for the money though.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #10
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,774
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,277 Posts
Double time, plus stat, ftmfw!

Anyway, also wanted to point out that once you have a family, you also start to realize how lucky you have it here. When I was young, single, and carefree, I didn't care much about Canada Day. Just another holiday to go party hardy, get high, and get laid. Not that you needed a holiday for that, lawl.

BTW, Happy Fathers Day, RS.

Dropped the baby, yelled at the buggers, choked them, etc. It's all forgiven today............... hee hee, hue hue, pew pew.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,298
Thanked 4,198 Times in 1,318 Posts
My Canada Day consists of slaying trout, riding quads and OMGWTFBBQ'ing all day with friends and family at a cabin on a lake.

__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There isn't a better place to be imo.

I've been places where people mocked me when I said I was from Vancouver/Canada, (mostly by Americans) and I'd be fully ready to go to blows if you disrespect my country.

We may not have the national pride and boisterous attitude some other nations do, but I think that's moreso a product of our environment and living in a place where we aren't on constant defense of our identity and pride.

Canada, fuck yea!
I don't know about that

I know for a fact that people around the world think Canadians are aggressive citizen who would start a riot over hockey game.

Also housing prices are going crazy...people are fearing for their future too.
We have mildly corrupt/messed up political system due to Harper or maybe other reasons.

Youth unemployment and homeless shelter is other issue.

CBSA says they think they have security problems, CRA always makes a mistake + their computer seem to get hacked quite frequently.

Anyways, I don't doubt that we're in a great country, but Canada has its own problems too.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #13
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I don't know about that

I know for a fact that people around the world think Canadians are aggressive citizen who would start a riot over hockey game.

Also housing prices are going crazy...people are fearing for their future too.
We have mildly corrupt/messed up political system due to Harper or maybe other reasons.

Youth unemployment and homeless shelter is other issue.

CBSA says they think they have security problems, CRA always makes a mistake + their computer seem to get hacked quite frequently.

Anyways, I don't doubt that we're in a great country, but Canada has its own problems too.
No country is perfect. However, IMHO, Canada comes pretty damn close.

If you've gone travelling, you'd know that the vast majority of opinions of Canadians are very well received.
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #14
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,611
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Look at Norway and its "nationalized" oil... they have like what a trillion? in reserves... but even they, as with Canada are behind state sponsored terrorist groups like ISIS.
Most importantly people in this country would have no problem mowing down any First Nation's that threatens sovereignty of the Crown. Even if reservation concentration camps were to be mass bombed it would be considered collateral damage. We can see similar attitudes first hand looking back at the last RS Isreali Hamas war thread.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,694
Thanked 1,854 Times in 585 Posts
By CIC merely commenting, he has shown the freedoms we get to enjoy. Anybody can express their opinion, however disagreeable or unpopular, and be heard. We need to protect speech and freedoms from political correctness and hate laws. I may disagree with him most of the time, but I defend his right to say it.
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #16
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
ae101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: space
Posts: 3,240
Thanked 1,444 Times in 567 Posts
@gululu July 1st is also the hand over of hk back to China.......but like every other hk person, i could care less or even 2 shits about that

Vancouver isnt the greatest place to live right now, but i love it with all heart

i will be celebrating canada day in bar with Chinese, British, American, Aussies and middle east/Africans

last year a lot these ppl heard it was canada day during July 1st and said happy Canada day to me knowing i was Canadian

maybe be just a simple jester, but i quite happy that these guys even know as we are big country but still quite unknown in many ways

this is all just personal opinion
__________________
http://i55.tinypic.com/jujz2q.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,298
Thanked 4,198 Times in 1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
By CIC merely commenting, he has shown the freedoms we get to enjoy. Anybody can express their opinion, however disagreeable or unpopular, and be heard. We need to protect speech and freedoms from political correctness and hate laws. I may disagree with him most of the time, but I defend his right to say it.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #18
ZN6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,690
Thanked 1,573 Times in 602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
July 1st 2016 is the 95th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.

July 1st is also Canada day...


Coincidence? I think not...
My prayers go to banning you, even if just for Canada day, it'd be doing all Canadians a great justice to not have to hear your nonsense for the day of Canada's birth.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #19
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,702
Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
MG1 u asian? chinese right? how many generations

edit: fully read your post, 5th generation, thats so cool! plan to go to the booth in canada place again, anyone else?
__________________
Quote:
Hey guys,

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,702
Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
how is gululu still not banned?
__________________
Quote:
Hey guys,

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #21
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
By CIC merely commenting, he has shown the freedoms we get to enjoy. Anybody can express their opinion, however disagreeable or unpopular, and be heard. We need to protect speech and freedoms from political correctness and hate laws. I may disagree with him most of the time, but I defend his right to say it.
freedom of speech is not really that free. we have a lot of exceptions to that rule. not speaking in regards to what cic said, but certain things should not be free to say.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #22
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,595
Thanked 6,407 Times in 2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
freedom of speech is not really that free. we have a lot of exceptions to that rule. not speaking in regards to what cic said, but certain things should not be free to say.
That's why we have laws about hate speech and such. You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if a portion of the government takes exception to it.

Also, thankfully, while someone is allowed to say whatever the fuck they want due to freedom of speech, as Revscene is a privately owned company we can also restrict idiotic comments.

Just sayin'.




All that said, I'm gonna be camping up in Jasper for the long weekend. Got some off-roading and hiking planned.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #23
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 990
Thanked 1,111 Times in 291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
My prayers go to banning you, even if just for Canada day, it'd be doing all Canadians a great justice to not have to hear your nonsense for the day of Canada's birth.
I'm pretty sure people from China would already be used to having their speech muffled by a higher power
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Gululu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Shaughnessy
Posts: 564
Thanked 755 Times in 209 Posts
I have big quebec flag that i bought when i was in Quebec City. Wonder if I should hang it on display on my downtown balcony on july 1st?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
I'm pretty sure people from China would already be used to having their speech muffled by a higher power
wrong. chinese are super critical of the government, people are not afraid to speak up against whoever it is.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #25
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,774
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,277 Posts
I agree with one part of what gululu posted........

Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net