REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Canada Day

With every passing year, Canada Day means so much more.

I mean we really, really, really live in a great country.

My forefathers laid roots in this country hoping for a better life. They made the right move. Working on fifth generation, btw.........

I know new immigrants, from you know where, are causing tensions and whatnot, but they honestly don't know any better. I don't think Canada will ever get worse, only better. Those people will have children and grandchildren and soon they will realize how special it is to be a Canadian.

Our core values? I think they are stronger than ever. One has to really see and experience the rest of this great country to appreciate it.

Tell us RS, how you plan to celebrate Canada Day and what it means to you to be Canadian.

Canada - This is my Home!
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
There isn't a better place to be imo.

I've been places where people mocked me when I said I was from Vancouver/Canada, (mostly by Americans) and I'd be fully ready to go to blows if you disrespect my country.

We may not have the national pride and boisterous attitude some other nations do, but I think that's moreso a product of our environment and living in a place where we aren't on constant defense of our identity and pride.

Canada, fuck yea!
Old 06-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,735 Times in 812 Posts
RS is the worst place to discuss Canadian core values. don't even.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
With every passing year, Canada Day means so much more.

I mean we really, really, really live in a great country.

My forefathers laid roots in this country hoping for a better life. They made the right move. Working on fifth generation, btw.........

I know new immigrants, from you know where, are causing tensions and whatnot, but they honestly don't know any better. I don't think Canada will ever get worse, only better. Those people will have children and grandchildren and soon they will realize how special it is to be a Canadian.

Our core values? I think they are stronger than ever. One has to really see and experience the rest of this great country to appreciate it.

Tell us RS, how you plan to celebrate Canada Day and what it means to you to be Canadian.

Canada - This is my Home!
i'm really happy you have great pride in your country / homeland, but have you ever lived anywhere else?

Canada is a great place. It is definitely in the upper echelon of countries (safe, clean, protected, free rights) - but I find people around the world have blind faith and love having never experienced anywhere else (not just vacation).

There's always room for improvement. ALWAYS. We should strive to be perfect, even if we fail we can make it better.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Most of the places I've been to, have always thought Canadians were nice and are well respected. Moreover, I think it's important to have the mind set that you're representing Canada while traveling outside the country, and that having courtesy and smiling will get you a long way... with anyone not just foreigners.

I dont think I've been viewed negatively for being Canadian anywhere I've gone. South East Asia, US, Australia.

I'm spending the long weekend carrying my shelter on my back through the forest. Camping Canada is best Canada!
Old 06-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

July 1st 2016 is the 95th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.

July 1st is also Canada day...

Coincidence? I think not...
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Fuck it, might as well start calling it Hongcouver, Chinada.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #8
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i'm really happy you have great pride in your country / homeland, but have you ever lived anywhere else?

Canada is a great place. It is definitely in the upper echelon of countries (safe, clean, protected, free rights) - but I find people around the world have blind faith and love having never experienced anywhere else (not just vacation).
I never had money to travel abroad, let alone live anywhere else, but many of my friends come from other countries. Many of them came here just to visit, but decided to come back and make this their home.

You know how they say the grass is always greener on the other side? Not always the case.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 12:52 AM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Too bad I will be force to do OT like any other Canada day due to everyone taking the day off and I am too nice to say no...... well is mostly for the money though.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #10
MG1

Double time, plus stat, ftmfw!

Anyway, also wanted to point out that once you have a family, you also start to realize how lucky you have it here. When I was young, single, and carefree, I didn't care much about Canada Day. Just another holiday to go party hardy, get high, and get laid. Not that you needed a holiday for that, lawl.

BTW, Happy Fathers Day, RS.

Dropped the baby, yelled at the buggers, choked them, etc. It's all forgiven today............... hee hee, hue hue, pew pew.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #11
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,040 Times in 2,076 Posts
My Canada Day consists of slaying trout, riding quads and OMGWTFBBQ'ing all day with friends and family at a cabin on a lake.

Quote:
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There isn't a better place to be imo.

I've been places where people mocked me when I said I was from Vancouver/Canada, (mostly by Americans) and I'd be fully ready to go to blows if you disrespect my country.

We may not have the national pride and boisterous attitude some other nations do, but I think that's moreso a product of our environment and living in a place where we aren't on constant defense of our identity and pride.

Canada, fuck yea!
I don't know about that

I know for a fact that people around the world think Canadians are aggressive citizen who would start a riot over hockey game.

Also housing prices are going crazy...people are fearing for their future too.
We have mildly corrupt/messed up political system due to Harper or maybe other reasons.

Youth unemployment and homeless shelter is other issue.

CBSA says they think they have security problems, CRA always makes a mistake + their computer seem to get hacked quite frequently.

Anyways, I don't doubt that we're in a great country, but Canada has its own problems too.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #13
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I don't know about that

I know for a fact that people around the world think Canadians are aggressive citizen who would start a riot over hockey game.

Also housing prices are going crazy...people are fearing for their future too.
We have mildly corrupt/messed up political system due to Harper or maybe other reasons.

Youth unemployment and homeless shelter is other issue.

CBSA says they think they have security problems, CRA always makes a mistake + their computer seem to get hacked quite frequently.

Anyways, I don't doubt that we're in a great country, but Canada has its own problems too.
No country is perfect. However, IMHO, Canada comes pretty damn close.

If you've gone travelling, you'd know that the vast majority of opinions of Canadians are very well received.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

Look at Norway and its "nationalized" oil... they have like what a trillion? in reserves... but even they, as with Canada are behind state sponsored terrorist groups like ISIS.
Most importantly people in this country would have no problem mowing down any First Nation's that threatens sovereignty of the Crown. Even if reservation concentration camps were to be mass bombed it would be considered collateral damage. We can see similar attitudes first hand looking back at the last RS Isreali Hamas war thread.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #15
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
By CIC merely commenting, he has shown the freedoms we get to enjoy. Anybody can express their opinion, however disagreeable or unpopular, and be heard. We need to protect speech and freedoms from political correctness and hate laws. I may disagree with him most of the time, but I defend his right to say it.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:25 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
@gululu July 1st is also the hand over of hk back to China.......but like every other hk person, i could care less or even 2 shits about that

Vancouver isnt the greatest place to live right now, but i love it with all heart

i will be celebrating canada day in bar with Chinese, British, American, Aussies and middle east/Africans

last year a lot these ppl heard it was canada day during July 1st and said happy Canada day to me knowing i was Canadian

maybe be just a simple jester, but i quite happy that these guys even know as we are big country but still quite unknown in many ways

this is all just personal opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #17
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,040 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
By CIC merely commenting, he has shown the freedoms we get to enjoy. Anybody can express their opinion, however disagreeable or unpopular, and be heard. We need to protect speech and freedoms from political correctness and hate laws. I may disagree with him most of the time, but I defend his right to say it.

Quote:
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #18
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
July 1st 2016 is the 95th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.

July 1st is also Canada day...

Coincidence? I think not...
My prayers go to banning you, even if just for Canada day, it'd be doing all Canadians a great justice to not have to hear your nonsense for the day of Canada's birth.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #19

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
MG1 u asian? chinese right? how many generations

edit: fully read your post, 5th generation, thats so cool! plan to go to the booth in canada place again, anyone else?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #20

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
how is gululu still not banned?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #21
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
freedom of speech is not really that free. we have a lot of exceptions to that rule. not speaking in regards to what cic said, but certain things should not be free to say.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #22
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
freedom of speech is not really that free. we have a lot of exceptions to that rule. not speaking in regards to what cic said, but certain things should not be free to say.
That's why we have laws about hate speech and such. You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if a portion of the government takes exception to it.

Also, thankfully, while someone is allowed to say whatever the fuck they want due to freedom of speech, as Revscene is a privately owned company we can also restrict idiotic comments.

Just sayin'.

All that said, I'm gonna be camping up in Jasper for the long weekend. Got some off-roading and hiking planned.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #23
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
My prayers go to banning you, even if just for Canada day, it'd be doing all Canadians a great justice to not have to hear your nonsense for the day of Canada's birth.
I'm pretty sure people from China would already be used to having their speech muffled by a higher power
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I have big quebec flag that i bought when i was in Quebec City. Wonder if I should hang it on display on my downtown balcony on july 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
I'm pretty sure people from China would already be used to having their speech muffled by a higher power
wrong. chinese are super critical of the government, people are not afraid to speak up against whoever it is.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #25
MG1

I agree with one part of what gululu posted........

Spoiler!