REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,334 Times in 5,645 Posts
That's why there's nothin like being a young white Caucasian of European descent. Might as well be rolling around with a crown on my head through most of the world

Advertisement
Old 06-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That's why there's nothin like being a young white Caucasian of European descent. Might as well be rolling around with a crown on my head through most of the world

Sometimes I feel encumbered by white privilege, people expect so much out of me because I'm white. Like damn, I don't have time to study for med school, there are xbox online tournaments that need winning.

I'm also sick of all the racially jealous individuals of visible minority, don't get mad at me because you have dark skin, take your complaints up with whatever devil-god you believe in.

Fuck, writing that was exhausting. I need a latte.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #128
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

You also have a big $ sign and/or target on your head too .

Dark(ish) skinned Asian here, I'm pretty much racially ambiguous for 75% of the world. Fly under the radar and get about 1/2 as much hassle as the white guy next to me.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #129
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

This is fascinating. The Brexiters thought Cameron would invoke article 50 of the EU treaty right away after the referendum and begin negotiating an exit from the EU.

NOPE

Cameron: “Why should I do all the hard shit for someone else, just to hand it over to them on a plate?’’

And hard shit indeed. Trying to untangle a generation of deals not to mention possible unraveling the United Kingdom. Scotland and Gibraltor said they're going to leave UK and remain in EU. Northern Ireland might join up with the Republic of Ireland and remain in EU. Billion in the markets have already been lost. Prices are expected to rise as their dollar has tanked. It's now ok to become racist.

Cameron's going to let the next guy who campaigned for Brexiting deal with this shitstorm coming.

Who will be the one to invoke article 50?
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #130
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Just watch Nigel Farage's speech in front of EU to understand the ignorance that resulted in voting leave. The British hoi polloi in this case have been manipulated to make a poor choice.

Decades of trust building flushed right down the toilet in one night. Sad.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:59 AM   #131
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
Prices are expected to rise as their dollar has tanked.
"Their dollar"

what the fuck, man. Never heard of the Pound Sterling (GBP)?
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #132
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,334 Times in 5,645 Posts
Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #133
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Has anyone ever ordered a pizza with all your favorite toppings, then upon delivery, proceed to immediately throw the pizza in the garbage and watch your family starve?

Quote:
Former London mayor Boris Johnson abruptly pulled out of the race to become Britain's next prime minister on Thursday, in a shock move that upturned a political order shaken by last week's vote to leave the European Union.

Johnson, whose support for the campaign to leave the EU was widely considered one of the decisive factors in the campaign, had been bookmakers' runaway favourite to succeed David Cameron, who quit last week after failing to persuade British voters to stay in the bloc.

Boris Johnson, former London mayor, rules out bid to be next British PM - World - CBC News
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #134
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
One by one, these ass hats that lead Brexit are dropping out. They know they fucked the country and they're going to let the next guy clean up their mess.

Nigel Farage, UKIP leader and top Leave campaigner, stepping down after Brexit victory - World - CBC News

Quote:
The leader of Britain's anti-European Union U.K. Independence Party (UKIP) Nigel Farage said on Monday he would stand down after having realized his ambition of winning last month's referendum in favour of Brexit.

"I have never been, and I have never wanted to be, a career politician. My aim in being in politics was to get Britain out of the European Union," he said.

"So I feel it's right that I should now stand aside as leader of UKIP."

"During the referendum campaign, I said 'I want my country back.' What I'm saying today, is, 'I want my life back,' and it begins right now."

It is not the first time Farage has quit as leader of the party. He stood down in May 2015 after failing to win a parliamentary seat in last year's general election, only to withdraw his resignation three days later.

He said he would continue to support the party, and continue to watch Brussels "like a hawk" during the negotiations around Britain's exit from the EU.

He reiterated his view that Britain's new prime minister needed to be from the Leave campaign but declined to back a specific candidate out of Andrea Leadsom, Michael Gove or Liam Fox. Current front-runner Theresa May backed Remain.

Farage, 52, has been a member of UKIP since its 1993 birth and was first elected to the European Parliament in 1999.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #135
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
this kind of reminds me of Bill Vander Zalm with HST
"my work here is done "

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #136
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
So ... what's going to happen with this?

Theresa May wants a 3rd vote on her Brexit plan. If she pushes for a third time vote (on more or less the same Brexit plan), why is she so insistent that they don't redo the original referendum?

Last edited by whitev70r; 03-20-2019 at 10:34 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #137
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I usually text my friend in Wales just to make fun of it. The EU has stated on multiple occasions that if England wanted to just forget it all and come back, they can with no penalties. But stubborn as shit UK is saying no. Foolish
Old 03-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #138
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
pride won't let them go back on it..
but if they don't, they're going to have war again in NI.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 AM   #139
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
pride won't let them go back on it..
but if they don't, they're going to have war again in NI.
At this point, I don't actually believe that the general UK public are still dead set against having another round of referendum again. After trying fruitlessly for 2 - 3 years on hammering out a soft Brexit deal, it is pretty obvious that a hard Brexit is going to severely cripple Britain's economy, and a soft Brexit just isn't possible. So if neither of those are viable options, isn't it natural to just remain with the EU?

Recall that the "Leave" side in the original Brexit vote only won by less than 4% of the votes -- even back then, the public is very much divided on the issue. With all the fiasco in hammering out a deal, and the super gloomy outlook should hard Brexit hits, I think it should be fairly easy to sway at least 4% of the voters to switch back into the "Stay" camp.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #140
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
^^ from my friend who lives there, she says it was sheer ignorance on a lot of people part that got it to pass in the first place. Kind of like a drunken night out, so many have realized “hmm... what the fuck did I do last night”. If you retook the vote it would probably be 80/20 stay
Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #141
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Further to the comments above, I have no idea wtf legislators from both sides of parliament doing in the UK. You can't get a (soft Brexit) deal done. You voted (in Parliament!) to say that a hard Brexit is unacceptable. And the EU have told you repeatedly that:

a) they won't delay Brexit anymore
b) you're welcomed to stay as part of EU if you call it off yourself

So why dafuq are those idiots not calling for a new referendum to choose between one and only one of the 3 plans?

1) soft Brexit as May has negotiated
2) no deal hard Brexit
3) stay in EU

As I see it, those are the only 3 alternatives, and there really is no other way. By sliding the responsibility back to the public, the scumbag politicians will get to avoid the bulk of the blame.

But so far, the MPs are choosing not to call for an 11th hour referendum...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #142

Anti-Brexit marchers flood London as May faces calls to resign from own party

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/brexit...ndon-1.5069069
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:46 AM   #143

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i dont get for its taking so long to leave the EU, the amount of privileges that they give u just arent as good as the crap that u have to take and this is person opinion

i remember greece a few years back, the whole country was going bankrupt and they needed other wealthy EU nations to bail them out (i remember none of them were doing well, just some are better then others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:50 AM   #144
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i dont get for its taking so long to leave the EU, the amount of privileges that they give u just arent as good as the crap that u have to take and this is person opinion

i remember greece a few years back, the whole country was going bankrupt and they needed other wealthy EU nations to bail them out (i remember none of them were doing well, just some are better then others)
Greece was a different matter. The EU wants Greece to have a better budget plan that will actually pay off its debt instead of spending it all. Greece just wasn't ready to do that (I mean they been handing out free money to its citizen and not collecting all the income tax they should be). Is a tough choice coz Greece will never be able to pay off its debt even with the tighten budget but if they don't do it EU will not lend them a penny.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #145

Quote:
I bolded the part that matters for it essentially reflects the vast majority of Pro-Brexit voters and their complete lack of knowledge as to the benefits their country derives from being a member of the EU.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #146
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Almost three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24-year-olds said they had voted to stay in the EU, compared with 62% of 25 to 34s and 52% of 35 to 44s. Support for Brexit formed a majority among every other age category and grew with each, peaking at 60% among those aged 65 and over.
Those older generations once fought to liberate Europe and defend Britain and Democracy. Along with the generation following it, they lived under the constant nuclear threat and the spread of Communism throughout Europe. These same generations decided to combat those aforementioned threats and promote peace by creating the EU in the first place. If any group would know why they don't want to be a part of the EU, its them. No surprise that the youngest generations wish to ignore a democratic vote until they get what they want -it is just mere words to many of them.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #147
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^ Uhhh.......... really dude? My mom is 72 and British and she still thinks standing in front of the microwave causes cancer and that every Russian person is a spy.

Being old doesn't mean you know what's better for the country going forward... it just makes you less reticent to change. Even my mom can understand being part of the European community for the work permit privileges alone is better than being isolated.

I've spent significant time in England in my life and old English people are almost unanimously identical in that they're the most lovely polite eloquent people on the planet always ready for a cup of tea and a chat as long as everything goes EXACTLY their way... but throw anything different into the mix ie: any sort of 'change' or try to take away any of their privileges or introduce anything foreign into their life and you will be shown to the curb in short order. There's a reason the British are often referred to as the rednecks / Americans of Europe, their older generation is absolutely full of xenophobes, they're just much more well-spoken and better educated than the ones you'll find in the Southern USA.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #148

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i remember greece was using stuff like bonds as a collateral to help bail out their country, also i remember 90% of EU nations were hit super hard during the economic crisis and germany was the very few that was actually up on their feets in no time (i believe)

iirc some of those nations that just up on their feet were force to help others in need but in fact that they couldnt even stand still yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #149
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
i remember greece was using stuff like bonds as a collateral to help bail out their country, also i remember 90% of EU nations were hit super hard during the economic crisis and germany was the very few that was actually up on their feets in no time (i believe)

iirc some of those nations that just up on their feet were force to help others in need but in fact that they couldnt even stand still yet
Sorry to derail this, but are you using google translate or something? I've read through both of your posts although you are using English words I can't figure out a thing you are saying.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #150

So which particular demographic age group voted to leave EU? I recall, it's been a couple of years now, but one major reason was that some in UK didn't want to accept the high number of refugees that EU is asking of the countries in the union.