REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:16 PM   #26
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Looks like a decent blow for Clinton that market will tank on this nonsense from UK.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #27
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
This is really bad, now Scotland, who voted heavily to remain, will re-organize it's "Depart the UK" movement... nevermind the shitstorm on the stock market and currency exchange tomorrow. Fucking shortsighted assholes.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #28
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
so theyre exiting for sure ? or just a heavy heavy favorite ?

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,380 Times in 857 Posts
I don't even...

This is crazy. The uneducated and short-sighted reminds me of our HST debacle not long ago.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #31
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
First this and next thing you know Trump will be building a wall and banning muslim immigrants... We're devolving
Trump building a wall and banning Muslim immigrants are definitely signs of devolving, but Britons choosing to leave the UK isn't even remotely close to any sort of devolving at all. It is simply a matter of priorities and choices.

So they chose national sovereignty before economic strength, but why is that "wrong"? It is no different than you or me choosing to work in a job that pays less, but gives you more satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
This is really bad, now Scotland, who voted heavily to remain, will re-organize it's "Depart the UK" movement... nevermind the shitstorm on the stock market and currency exchange tomorrow. Fucking shortsighted assholes.
Again, I don't view people in the Leave camp as shortsighted assholes. There is no doubt there will be further de-stabilization of the EU and perhaps the UK as well. The stock market will probably head for a downward turn -- perhaps even for an extended length of time. But is that the Britons' "fault"? Again, it is simply a matter of choice. Compare the EU membership to a couple in an unhappy marriage. So one of the spouse is filing for divorce now because he/she is unhappy in the marriage. Does that automatically make one spouse an asshole? For what it is worth, it will make both persons in the marriage poorer too.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I don't even...

This is crazy. The uneducated and short-sighted reminds me of our HST debacle not long ago.
I'd view the HST debacle under quite a different light. With the HST already in place, there is really no benefit of any kind at all to roll it back. The only satisfaction the public would get is "teaching the BC Libs a lesson", which really amounted to nothing since these no-HST idiots promptly voted the Liberals back to another term in the office. And we haven't even talked about the economic costs from the rollback. Now that is what I'd call shortsightedness.

Last edited by Traum; 06-23-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #33
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Well this was a surprising result

7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

gg no re (eu and the world)
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #35
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
the world is going to shit and with this happening this could be a domino effect with the rest of europe going to shit and more civil uprise and possible go into the directing of WW3
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
When is that space ship to Mars ready?
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #37
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Trump building a wall and banning Muslim immigrants are definitely signs of devolving, but Britons choosing to leave the UK isn't even remotely close to any sort of devolving at all. It is simply a matter of priorities and choices.

So they chose national sovereignty before economic strength, but why is that "wrong"? It is no different than you or me choosing to work in a job that pays less, but gives you more satisfaction.

Again, I don't view people in the Leave camp as shortsighted assholes. There is no doubt there will be further de-stabilization of the EU and perhaps the UK as well. The stock market will probably head for a downward turn -- perhaps even for an extended length of time. But is that the Britons' "fault"? Again, it is simply a matter of choice. Compare the EU membership to a couple in an unhappy marriage. So one of the spouse is filing for divorce now because he/she is unhappy in the marriage. Does that automatically make one spouse an asshole? For what it is worth, it will make both persons in the marriage poorer too.

The primary argument of leavers is to close England's borders, therefore building a "wall" into the UK (and out of, but the assholes who primarily voted on this basis don't care because they're the type of people to never move out of their little shit towns) so yes, I do stand by calling them short-sighted assholes.

This is less like the UK divorcing the EU and moreso like the UK choosing to be in an unhappy relationship within its own member countries, and now banning any strangers or friends from coming over and focusing only on fighting within itself.

Nevermind how ridiculous this makes democracy look in that something can pass even though nearly 49% of the population is completely opposed to it.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #38

Black Friday circuit breaker day. Black Swan event, weaken other market like US. S&P futures dumped over 100 points and market is not even open. Federal Reserve, who has played every single cards right thus far this year to take market up (strengthening Clinton bid in the process) can no longer hike rate, would be interesting to see their counter.

Meanwhile bad economy is bad for Clinton and great for Trump popularity. Undecided will look at UK and be like, yep, Trump makes sense, let's do it.

From the polls breakdown it's clear the higher education population chose to remain and the hoi polloi chose to leave.

I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #39
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Oil has dropped to $46 a barrel as the votes leaned to Leave. The Sterling has also taken a few more hits in the wake of the vote as well.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
so theyre exiting for sure ? or just a heavy heavy favorite ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
the world is going to shit and with this happening this could be a domino effect with the rest of europe going to shit and more civil uprise and possible go into the directing of WW3
Nah... it's just a movie with twisted end that no one likes.

The referendum basically says that british choose to leave EU. But then it'd go through the 2yr negotiation period with the rest of EU members. You can bet that by the time we reach that point, everything would be normalized/accounted for.

I can't say the remaining EU members wouldn't be tempted to leave, but to be frank, only France and Germany would be able to sorta benefit from leaving EU as they are strong economically to make it work. However, both countries were the brain of EU establishment and they won't let it go easily.

Other EU members would be too scared/little interest to leave EU as they would go into recession/economic uncertainty if they do.

Tl;dr... relax... it's just some unexpected turbulence, the flight would continue as planned.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #41
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Ugh....Britain leaving EU leading to WW3? Jumping the gun a little bit there, don't you think?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Nevermind how ridiculous this makes democracy look in that something can pass even though nearly 49% of the population is completely opposed to it.
This is something I completely agree with. For such a major and important issue, deciding on an outcome via a simple majority is taking things too lightly. Many places require something along the lines of 2/3 majority before major decisions, motions, or amendments can pass. When a policy has as much resistance as the Brexit debate, the bickering and fighting can never be stopped regardless of how the outcome turns out. The requirements to pass the something this major should have been higher.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #43

UK just trumped US in wall building category.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #44
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
can someone reasonably unbiasedly give a couple of pros and cons of staying and leaving from britains point of view.

i don't have enough time to sort thru e-pinions but im just wondering
Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
can someone reasonably unbiasedly give a couple of pros and cons of staying and leaving from britains point of view.

i don't have enough time to sort thru e-pinions but im just wondering
This BBC article here gives a pretty clear and unbiased opinion on both sides:

The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know - BBC News

Quote:
Why do they want the UK to leave?
They believe Britain is being held back by the EU, which they say imposes too many rules on business and charges billions of pounds a year in membership fees for little in return. They also want Britain to take back full control of its borders and reduce the number of people coming here to live and/or work. One of the main principles of EU membership is "free movement", which means you don't need to get a visa to go and live in another EU country. They also object to the idea of "ever closer union" and what they see as moves towards the creation of a "United States of Europe".

Why do they want the UK to stay?
Those campaigning for Britain to stay in the EU say it gets a big boost from membership - it makes selling things to other EU countries easier and, they argue, the flow of immigrants, most of whom are young and keen to work, fuels economic growth and helps pay for public services. They also believe Britain's status in the world would be damaged by leaving and that we are more secure as part of the 28 nation club, rather than going it alone.
Now, I generally agree that the reasons to stay make for a stronger argument for me, and if I were a UK citizen, I would have voted to Remain as well. But I understand the sentiments of the Leave camp as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,720 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I don't even...

I don't think this is anywhere close to being the same thing.
The HST was black and white.
This vote has many variables
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #47
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
What's that #Brexit is evolving?
#Brexit evolved into #CEUlater
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #48
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
When is that space ship to Mars ready?
Get in line, buddy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #49

welp at least i won on the bet.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #50
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Why the fail nsmb? That's the opinion of many analysts on the BBC too...
All he does is fail people and never contribute to any conversation.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: