REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
xxx

ICBC Estimates for Fence - Any good repair shops?

Good morning,

My parents recently had a driver drive into their fence. They stayed at the scene, information was exchanged and a claim was filed with ICBC.

Now, ICBC is requesting that we provide them three different quotes from three different companies and they will decide which one to go with. I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation and could offer recommendations for reputable companies that build/repair fences.

Thanks
Advertisement

Last edited by Oleophobic; 06-24-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
what kinda fence are we talking about here and how bad was the damage?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
xxx

Hey it's a wooden fence with moderate damage on one side, nothing too major but there's basically a hole

*image deleted*

Last edited by Oleophobic; 06-24-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Pain to deal with this sort of shit. Extra stuff you have to add into a busy schedule that people needlessly have to deal with. I hate that.

Do a quick search for local small construction companies, and give them a call, mention right away that its an ICBC job and you need to get three quotes. They should be pretty happy to come out and have a look and give a price.

Would help if we know where you are located, some might know contractors who take on this sort of work.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,248 Posts
you can't get cash?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

They're unlikely to pay for a new fence. They're going to pay ACV (actual cash value). This is a depreciated value of the value of a used fence. It's similar to how a vehicle settlement is depreciated in a total loss. If you want to claim the whole value you'll need to go through your homeowners policy. They'll subrogate against icbc. Also, I'd approach them with 2 quotes. This isn't large damage and most homeowners wouldn't get 3 quotes for their own build. I've seen them accept this many times.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Pain to deal with this sort of shit. Extra stuff you have to add into a busy schedule that people needlessly have to deal with. I hate that.

Do a quick search for local small construction companies, and give them a call, mention right away that its an ICBC job and you need to get three quotes. They should be pretty happy to come out and have a look and give a price.

Would help if we know where you are located, some might know contractors who take on this sort of work.
Thanks
Yeah it's such a pain as I'm working long hours because it's a busy period for us and my parents don't speak good English so they can't really call around. They tried calling a Chinese place (some independent shop) and the response was they haven't dealt with this stuff before and that my parents should tell ICBC to talk to them if there are any questions. Obviously it doesn't work like that so I'm going to have to step in.

I'll search up construction companies in the meantime. Just thought someone might have some recommendations.

Last edited by Oleophobic; 06-24-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
Circle Stick Square Mod

did this happen a few days ago? on a corner of a busy st with a mazda 3?!

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
If ICBC is paying for it, go to places like Rona, Home Depot etc and get their installers come and look at it, email you a quote, then tell them to email to your adjuster at ICBC. Make sure they do everything color matching, landscaping etc.

Those places open late, most of them have Chinese speaking staff.. and not like you are paying for the work anyways. Why are your parents going cheap on other people's screw up and go to an independent shop? Depends how bad it is, you can get a whole fence / footing etc replaced.

In fact I will give a call to Sudbury cedar, they do good work too.

It is not that hard, marginally inconvenient, just need to call and large box stores will send contractors out. It is highly unlikely they will patch the whole, chances are they will replace that section if not the whole thing.

Last edited by godwin; 06-26-2016 at 01:50 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote