REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Handicap Parking Dispute Caught on Camera

Full disclosure as I am Caucasian with many Asian friends.

Want to get everyone's opinion on this video

We see a Social Justice Warrior recording a video of an Asian parking his expensive Porsche in a handicap stall. Why do these people feel it's in their best interest to tell others what's right or wrong. I get it, handicap stalls are designated for people with disabilities, but it's not mine, yours or anyone's else job nor responsibility to confront a person much less record it and upload to youtube in order to try and shame them. Either notify the police or contact lot security so they can issue a fine because it's incidents like these that can lead to unexpected violence as the road rage effect takes place.

While the citizen capturing this confrontation most likely had noble intentions, this is not the right way to solve the problem. Moreover I believe more and more Vancouverites are getting sour over wealthy Chinese and any transgression they make amplifies people's disdain for them. This narrative that it's the Chinese fault for jacked up real estate prices has clearly brainwashed the local masses. I think they do contribute towards the fluctuating prices but there's other factors as well. It's not only Chinese people who park in Handicapp stalls when their not supposed to I've seen caucasians,e.indians, koreans, women, elderly doing this.

Advertisement
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
i feel like the camera is necessary otherwise the violator would act completely different knowing he isnt recorded... thats shamefully his best behaviour. lets say he comes out and the guy says "why are you parking in the handicap space?" and he responds with "hey sorry man, i was being an idiot. it wont happen again, thanks for calling me out on it" will the video ever make it to youtube?

i dont think it has anything to do with race, lets not make it something it isnt. i dont see an asian guy here, just someone who feels more entitled than your average joe.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
Full disclosure as I am Caucasian with many Asian friends.

Want to get everyone's opinion on this video

We see a Social Justice Warrior recording a video of an Asian parking his expensive Porsche in a handicap stall. Why do these people feel it's in their best interest to tell others what's right or wrong. I get it, handicap stalls are designated for people with disabilities, but it's not mine, yours or anyone's else job nor responsibility to confront a person much less record it and upload to youtube in order to try and shame them. Either notify the police or contact lot security so they can issue a fine because it's incidents like these that can lead to unexpected violence as the road rage effect takes place.

While the citizen capturing this confrontation most likely had noble intentions, this is not the right way to solve the problem. Moreover I believe more and more Vancouverites are getting sour over wealthy Chinese and any transgression they make amplifies people's disdain for them. This narrative that it's the Chinese fault for jacked up real estate prices has clearly brainwashed the local masses. I think they do contribute towards the fluctuating prices but there's other factors as well. It's not only Chinese people who park in Handicapp stalls when their not supposed to I've seen caucasians,e.indians, koreans, women, elderly doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfIZgwUzgu4
It's the same mentality of those who drive the speed limit in the fast lane, thinking that they are helping everyone out by blocking someone from doing something illegal.

These people put themselves in a rotten position of danger confronting someone who they know nothing about. Like you said they might have the noblest intentions, but confronting someone on the road or anywhere like this opens you up to getting your ass whipped, or worse someone getting pissed that you are cramming a camera in their face and pulling out a weapon.

There are times when self policing or citizens policing themselves is certainly acceptable and advisable, especially if you do it in a reasonable manner.

I don't feel that pulling out a camera and cramming it in someones face asking them why they are doing something illegal is an appropriate method. Unless your intention is just to get a rise out of someone and getting hit in the face repeatedly.

In this instance the violation was so ultimately inconsequential, that the guy should have probably just left it to the parking patroller, or if he was really concerned just phone the tow truck company. If buddy really felt compelled to mention something, the much more appropriate method would have been to just point out its a handicap stall and continue on with his day. Not stand there and berate and argue with the guy.

EDIT: The above came off as if I don't understand the importance of handicap stalls, or don't respect them. Please understand that I absolutely do, my grandmother is one of the people who absolutely needs parking stalls like this; however, my response was much more general in terms of the larger aspect of all these shaming videos we see on Youtube with regards to people double parking or stealing others parking spots or whatever.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 07-03-2016 at 01:04 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,079 Times in 958 Posts
This needed it's own thread? BTW it has already been posted here.
:http://www.revscene.net/forums/65475...ml#post8768899
Old 07-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
Or......he could just not park like a douchebag and no one would have anything to say.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,589 Times in 537 Posts
I don't think you're wrong but it's not really necessary to say it was a "chinese guy" in the Youtube description, it just gives people more reason to think he picked on him cause he was chinese (even though as described above, you weren't) I can tell the youtube commenters are feeding off this

Last edited by snowball; 07-03-2016 at 11:39 PM.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
I'm from a country that has worse societal habits than China (Brazil).

I left my shitty habits in Brazil. Please leave your shitty habits in your shitty country. If you choose to live here, at the very least respect the society.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
waiting for someone with a handicap sign to double park on him and walk off in to the restaurant like a boss

there's lot attendants for this very reason. shitty drivers and shitty people

it's a dangerous game to play when you pull out a camera or do the shame game. just make sure you end up being right or end up like this:

Woman Gets Angry Note For Parking In Veterans' Only Space?Even Though She's A Veteran

an older coworker has a handicap sign and walks well and quick, but only over short distances. across a superstore parking lot he'll be in pain by the time he gets to a door, amoung other ailments that act up on him time to time, so he has a handicap sign. but if he's on a good day he can look like a scammer with his sign but he is indeed not.

brazil is worse than china? how come i never see videos to prove it? no cell phones in brazil?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
waiting for someone with a handicap sign to double park on him and walk off in to the restaurant like a boss

there's lot attendants for this very reason. shitty drivers and shitty people

it's a dangerous game to play when you pull out a camera or do the shame game. just make sure you end up being right or end up like this:

Woman Gets Angry Note For Parking In Veterans' Only Space?Even Though She's A Veteran

an older coworker has a handicap sign and walks well and quick, but only over short distances. across a superstore parking lot he'll be in pain by the time he gets to a door, amoung other ailments that act up on him time to time, so he has a handicap sign. but if he's on a good day he can look like a scammer with his sign but he is indeed not.

brazil is worse than china? how come i never see videos to prove it? no cell phones in brazil?
Brazil is the bad manners of China, with the "deal culture" of India and the general aggressiveness of Russia. It's a shitshow.

Here, starts at 1:30 lol:

http://www.e38registry.org/

Last edited by Mr.C; 07-03-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #10
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Private lot, unless you are the handicap and need the space then mind your own business. Guy filming sounds like one of those that argue "Yeah I know im wrong but you're wronger"

Blocking cars in to run in and grab something sounds just as bad as parking in a handicap spot to run in and grab something. IMO of course

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
It doesn't bother me if people choose to be all high and mighty and film it, but at the same time I'll feel no sympathy for the person filming if they end up getting punched in the face. That's the risk you run when you choose to get involved.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Very Hero, Such Victory, Wow Justice.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #13
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lol, reminds me of something I read on reddit
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...makBQh3CEKb8rA
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #14
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Both parties are douchebag.

This social justice warrior though, has a thing for busting Chinese guys parking in handicapped spots. Check his Youtube channel lol.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2016, 08:33 PM   #15
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Thanks for taking a stand. Wish more people did this, especially to those who come here thinking they can do as they please.

Of course the "racist" card gets played. F*ucking sickening.
Curren$y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #16
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Fucking piece of shit, you hear him at the end? He MEANT that for sure also! Guaranteed.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #17

Thanked 5,380 Times in 857 Posts
While I personally wouldn't instigate an ordeal from someone parking in a handicapped spot, wishing someone becomes handicapped because you got called out for illegal parking is super fucking low.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:42 PM   #18
Meow

Person recording is just a douche, many different ways to go at this. Would of been a lot easier to just be polite about it and if he chooses to not listen, don't get your jimmies rustled.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #19

The guy is Nikko's friend.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #20
Rs has made me the man i am today!

With the handicap sign hanging from my rear-view mirror, I often use the spot to pick up an elderly family member. If there's an available spot nearby with ample side room I will try to avoid it.

Unfortunately, I often have to go get him because he's in a wheelchair. I keep getting attitude from people when I leave the car like I kicked a dog. I'm getting a bit sick of having to explain myself to be honest.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #21

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
With the handicap sign hanging from my rear-view mirror, I often use the spot to pick up an elderly family member. If there's an available spot nearby with ample side room I will try to avoid it.

Unfortunately, I often have to go get him because he's in a wheelchair. I keep getting attitude from people when I leave the car like I kicked a dog. I'm getting a bit sick of having to explain myself to be honest.
Sounds like you need some sort of "Honorary HandiDart" placard.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #22
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post

i think there are defined rules when you are permitted to park there with the sign. one of the managers was explaining it to me as his car has the sign due to his wife requiring it. he parks there when he has her with her but not when he's alone essentially.

he went in to finer details such as dropping wife off at front and then parking and then pickup but i can't remember the scenarios

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:07 PM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Omfg
That's my friends dad n brother, they own that restaurant
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
Omfg
That's my friends dad n brother, they own that restaurant
Tell his Dad to learn some English. He appears to not even know a single word, and why is he even attempting to speak Chinese to a white person? If you are going to be fortunate enough to live here at least try to learn some. I look at it as having appreciation and respect for the Country. That goes for the thousands of others also.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think I would find more satisfaction seeing that guy get a parking ticket or getting towed.........but we all know thats not going to happen.

But lets be honest, its Richmond and these ppl do not care where they or how they park. Its like ppl parking in stalls for expecting mothers or kids, its close by the door so they will park there.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: