REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:12 PM   #51
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Lady Diana, Princess of Wales.

She wasn't a princess by birth........ anyway, it's complicated and my understanding of royalty is a little rusty.

And what is Revscene? A stage in which you get to spew your thoughts and ideas without fear of being kicked in the nuts, punched in the face, or slapped up the side of the head?
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:13 AM   #52
I subscribe to Revscene

Diana was a humanitarian,
RevScene is an example of humanity falling apart.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #53
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
you realize you're a part of revscene don't you?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #54
I subscribe to Revscene

Yes but Im a humanitarian as shown with my views in that thread.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #55
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,253 Times in 1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Yes but Im a humanitarian as shown with my views in that thread.
You actually come across as a Pretzel

Twisted and Salty
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
You actually come across as a Pretzel

Twisted and Salty
I was leaning more towards Nutty then salty but either analogy works.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #57
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts

So an autistic guy's caretaker got shot by the cops while he's got his hands up....well, at least he's not dead for being black I guess.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #58
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
"why did you shoot me?"

"i dont know."

wtf... at least the autistic guy didn't get shot too, geez
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #59
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Shit might get real in Rio De Janeiro. Ten people were arrested in Brazil as suspects in planning terrorist attacks during the Olympics.

Ten people arrested in Brazil, suspected of planning terrorist acts during Olympics - NEWS 1130

Brazilian police arrested 10 people believed to have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group on social media and discussed possible attacks during the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, officials said Thursday.

Justice Minister Alexandre de Moraes said in the capital, Brasilia, that 10 suspects had been detained and two more were being sought. All are Brazilian, and one is a minor. The gender of the people was not given.

Police acted because the group discussed using weapons and guerrilla tactics to potentially launch an attack during the Olympics, which begin Aug. 5, Moraes said.

However “they were complete amateurs and ill-prepared” to actually launch at attack, Moraes said. “A few days ago they said they should start practicing martial arts, for example.”

Still, Moraes said even disorganized groups should be taken seriously.

The arrests were made in 10 different states, including Sao Paulo and Parana in the southern part of the country, and it was not clear whether the suspects knew each other beyond their online contacts. Moraes said there were no specific targets for an attack.

Moraes said they had all been “baptized” as Islamic State sympathizers online and that none had actually traveled to Syria or Iraq, the group’s stronghold, or received any training. Several were allegedly trying to secure financing from the group, known by the acronym ISIS.

The justice minister added that one of the suspects communicated with a Brazilian store in an alleged attempt to by an AK-47 assault rifle, apparently the most concrete action taken toward a possible attack.

Last week the top military aide for Brazil’s interim government said concerns over terrorism had “reached a higher level” after the attack in Nice, France.

Security has emerged as the top concern during the Olympics, including violence possibly spilling over from Rio’s hundreds of slums. Authorities have said they will be prepared and that some 85,000 police and soldiers will be patrolling during the competitions
Old 07-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #60
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Active shooting in Munich mall. Several dead & wounded but doesn't appear to be over yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe...ing/index.html

Kev
Old 07-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #61
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
"why did you shoot me?"

"i dont know."

wtf... at least the autistic guy didn't get shot too, geez
Cops now claim they where trying to shoot the autistic guy.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #62
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Active shooting in Munich mall. Several dead & wounded but doesn't appear to be over yet.

Munich shooting: 9 victims, gunman are dead, police say - CNN.com

Kev
In case you're wondering: Yes he was
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 06:37 PM   #63

I don't know if this has been covered over there, but it was big news here last week

4 Hong Kong tourists injured in Germany axe attack | Coconuts Hong Kong

And yes, he was too
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #64

Germany just got hit again. This time it's a suicide bomber.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/world/...ast/index.html

An explosion in the southern German city of Ansbach that killed one person and injured 10 others was a suicide attack, according to the region's interior minister.

A device was exploded by a 27-year-old Syrian national outside a music festival. He had been denied entry into the event due to the lack of a ticket, Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said during a news conference early Monday.

The man, who has not yet been named, stood around the festival entrance for a short period before he blew himself up.
Herrmann said his backpack contained screws and nails, an apparent attempt to inflict further damage.

Officially this attack is not confirmed as terrorism, he said, but there are strong indications it may be.

Special Forces in Munich are on the scene investigating, police said.

Violence has struck Germany in several places recently.

On Sunday, a man killed a woman with a machete in Reutlingen. The 21-year-old Syrian asylum seeker came to Germany one year ago, according to a police statement, and he was known to police for property thefts and assault.
Police said the woman was 45 years old and from Poland.
On Friday, a man in Munich went on a shooting spree in a busy shopping district, killing nine people before killing himself, authorities said.
Authorities have not found a link to terror groups. Police said he may have planned the attack for a year.

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-24-2016 at 06:35 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #65

-more shootings and deaths in Florida. Another night club incident.

The Latest: 4 still hospitalized after nightclub shooting - NEWS 1130

The Latest on a shooting a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida. (all times local):

10:45 a.m.

Hospital officials say four people remain hospitalized after a nightclub shooting in Florida that left two dead and 17 wounded.

Lee Memorial Health System CEO Lisa Sgarlata says two people are in critical condition, and two are in fair condition. Officials said earlier that the others wounded were treated and released Monday morning.

The victims ranged in age from 12 to 27.

Authorities say the shooting was not an act of terror, but what sparked the violence is not yet clear. The shooting happened at Club Blu in Fort Myers, which had hosted a swimsuit-themed party for teens late Sunday night.

The club said on its Facebook page that the shooting broke out as parents came to pick up their children.

___

10:20 a.m.

Fort Myers police say the shooting at a nightclub that left two dead was not an act of terrorism.

Police Capt. Jim Mulligan said in a statement that the investigation is active and investigators are working to determine a motive into the shooting at Club Blu.

Authorities also identified the two victims who died as 14-year-old Sean Archilles and 18-year-old Ste’fan Strawder.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Germany just got hit again. This time it's a suicide bomber.

Ansbach bomber pledged allegiance to ISIS - CNN.com

An explosion in the southern German city of Ansbach that killed one person and injured 10 others was a suicide attack, according to the region's interior minister.

A device was exploded by a 27-year-old Syrian national outside a music festival. He had been denied entry into the event due to the lack of a ticket, Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said during a news conference early Monday.

The man, who has not yet been named, stood around the festival entrance for a short period before he blew himself up.
Herrmann said his backpack contained screws and nails, an apparent attempt to inflict further damage.

Officially this attack is not confirmed as terrorism, he said, but there are strong indications it may be.

Special Forces in Munich are on the scene investigating, police said.

Violence has struck Germany in several places recently.

On Sunday, a man killed a woman with a machete in Reutlingen. The 21-year-old Syrian asylum seeker came to Germany one year ago, according to a police statement, and he was known to police for property thefts and assault.
Police said the woman was 45 years old and from Poland.
On Friday, a man in Munich went on a shooting spree in a busy shopping district, killing nine people before killing himself, authorities said.
Authorities have not found a link to terror groups. Police said he may have planned the attack for a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't know if this has been covered over there, but it was big news here last week

4 Hong Kong tourists injured in Germany axe attack | Coconuts Hong Kong

And yes, he was too
Quote:
i got failed like crazy and got accused of "islamaphobia" and "racism" for when i started that thread about how letting in a bunch of immigrants from 3rd world shitholes was a stupid policy

now...LOL
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #67
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
And yes, he was too
lot of Aloha snackbar regulars going on on this thread
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #68

Well shitty shit happens all over the place, all the time. Like the shooting in Florida today, or the NZ Olympic athletes getting kidnapped in Brazil yesterday
Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #69
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I really wonder if something big is going to go down at the Olympics this year. Hopefully we don't see more of these kidnapping stories

New Zealand Jiu-Jitsu athlete Jason Lee says he was kidnapped in Rio

Quote:
Jason Lee, a New Zealand-born jujitsu fighter based in Rio de Janeiro, said he was "kidnapped" Saturday by armed men dressed in police uniforms and forced to withdraw money from two separate ATMs to pay for his release.

The 27-year-old, who will not be competing in the Olympics but has been living in Brazil for the past 10 months, tweeted Sunday: "What did you guys get up to yesterday? I got kidnapped. Go Olympics! #Rio2016."

Later, in an interview with stuff.co.nz, the martial arts athlete explained in further detail how the incident developed from what appeared to be a routine traffic stop by two policemen on motorbikes.

"First, he asked me to stretch my arms, then patted me down," Lee said. "At this point, it still looked reasonably professional."

However, after the policemen searched the New Zealander's rental car, one of the cops returned brandishing a large book and told Lee he was breaking the law.

"He says, 'You can't drive in Brazil as a foreigner without a passport,' which I now know isn't the case at all. The rental car company hadn't mentioned that to me. He starts opening the book, showing me all these passages in Portuguese, which I can sort of read, like, every third word."

The men then demanded that Lee pay them 2000 Brazilian reals ($615) or face a night in a Rio jail.

"At this point, I acknowledged to myself that I've completely backed myself into a corner," Lee said. "These guys have pulled me over. They have weapons. I'm not in any position to negotiate.

"I don't think I've ever felt like I could possibly die."

Lee, who was not carrying any money at the time, was forced to drive to a nearby police bunker underneath an overpass, where he was swapped into an unmarked private car and taken to two ATMs to withdraw enough money to pay the officers.

Once he returned to the bunker, Lee handed over the money and was finally released.

"[They] said, 'You can't say anything to anyone about this -- not a word,'" Lee said.

The jujitsu fighter did, however, report the incident to the Rio authorities.

"I was umming and ahhing about whether I should even make a complaint. One of the guys I was reporting it to said, 'We understand you are hesitant because we are the police, and that branch of the police is so scary, even we are afraid of them.'"

The incident is the latest in a string of setbacks ahead of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. One month ago, an Australian Paralympic sailor and official were threatened with a gun and robbed before a race in Rio.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #70
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,228 Posts
The guy was just unlucky. And apparently lives in Rio, just happens to be from New Zealand originally and isn't even on the Olympic team. It's not like the whole NZ Olympic team was kidnapped by some organized gang and forced to hand over their life savings. #SkinnyPuppFail

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #71
I subscribe to Revscene

that's nuts
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #72
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

At least 19 dead in knife attack outside Tokyo: Japanese reports | CTV News

Quote:
SAGAMIHARA, Japan -- The Kyodo news agency is reporting that 19 people are dead and 20 injured following a knife attack in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo.
A knife-wielding man attacked a facility for the disabled and then turned himself in, police said.

This is a breaking news story. More to follow.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #73
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Just heard about the Japanese story... Damn wtf

The killer told police he wants to world to be rid of disabled people
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #74
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
this thread should be renamed to "humanity as it has and always will be".
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this thread should be renamed to "humanity as it has and always will be".
It's actually still more peaceful than it's ever been

Try living in the path of Genghis Khan... See how your "luck" is then
This post thanked by: