REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Mancini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,879
Thanked 282 Times in 140 Posts
Report to ICBC. Let them deal wtih it.
You don't deal with her directly. At all. There's no benefit. At all.
Sick from standing in the rain is meaningless. She can't claim for this.
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
u guys are a bunch of snitches, stupid rent-a-cops. go kill yourself.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini View Post
Report to ICBC. Let them deal wtih it.
You don't deal with her directly. At all. There's no benefit. At all.
Sick from standing in the rain is meaningless. She can't claim for this.
Thanks, going to report at ICBC online.
riasat.abir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
In the rain, I doubt you can really see if there's damage. Get ICBC to do a matchup.

If she missed work due to stress/sickness/injury etc, she can possibly make a claim for loss wages. For a simple fever/cold, tell her to take Tylenol.
I'd hate to bring this thread up, buy here's the update - today ICBC called and let me know that woman went through a lawyer and claimed injury.

Now i wonder, how long or how much she will continue to suck money..

Last edited by riasat.abir; 10-25-2016 at 03:46 PM.
riasat.abir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,580
Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,637 Posts
ICBC's problem now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Euro7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,442
Thanked 803 Times in 348 Posts
Injury from what? Sounds like load of bullshit to me she's trying to claim. This is the reason us that have zero accidents/claim free still have to pay high insurance premiums every year because of these bitches that claim injury from say a minor 5km hit etc.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Injury from what? Sounds like load of bullshit to me she's trying to claim. This is the reason us that have zero accidents/claim free still have to pay high insurance premiums every year because of these bitches that claim injury from say a minor 5km hit etc.
I think these lawyers have pet doctors, who can vouch for these 'injuries' and such the money out of it..
riasat.abir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:03 PM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,723
Thanked 621 Times in 232 Posts
Yup same shit happened to my wife
Tens of thousands of lawyers money to fight the scammer and then the scammer will get nothing or very small settlement and everyone pays more. People get pissed off at Icbc for raising rates but it's claims like this that they have to fight everyday
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,691
Thanked 709 Times in 356 Posts
I thought that you can't claim injury below a certain speed limit?
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #34
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
I thought that you can't claim injury below a certain speed limit?
Is there any rule like that? I'm afraid not. It's a grey zone.
riasat.abir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,691
Thanked 709 Times in 356 Posts
ICBC's Low Velocity Impact Program | ICBC Personal Injury Claims Lawyer Erik Magraken | Victoria & Vancouver Island BC

If anything, ICBC should take care of all that for you. Your insurance rates should go up because using your phone while driving is pretty silly. IMO.
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #36
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,723
Thanked 621 Times in 232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
I thought that you can't claim injury below a certain speed limit?
I believe they try this tactic but anyone can go get a lawyer and then Icbc gets a lawyer and then come the costs
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,691
Thanked 709 Times in 356 Posts
True, at that point, the courts decide who gets compensation.
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #38
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
True, at that point, the courts decide who gets compensation.
I read that, if you are at 100% at fault (that's the case for rear ending), ICBC doesn't bother much as they are getting the money from you.
riasat.abir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #39
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,691
Thanked 709 Times in 356 Posts
If you have basic insurance, they're the one paying for it. As I've come to understand from other ICBC threads. In the end, it is coming out of your coverage from ICBC.
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #40
Lomac owned my ass at least once
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,369
Thanked 10,939 Times in 2,797 Posts
Sigh. I knew this was gonna happen. Fucking leech cuntfucks of society
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/4PRtABe.gif
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2016, 08:53 PM   #41
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
wingies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: abc
Posts: 1,656
Thanked 937 Times in 220 Posts
I rear ended someone when they abruptly cut me off when traffic started going at a greenlight, they claimed that the hit misaligned their sunroof and it was leaking water and their wife was injured lol

I fought it and ICBC deemed them 100% at fault
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:52 AM   #42
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,159
Thanked 6,996 Times in 1,346 Posts
I feel sick reading this post, can I have a quarter from you?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,715
Thanked 7,529 Times in 2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Sigh. I knew this was gonna happen. Fucking leech cuntfucks of society
Yep, when I read the "Got sick standing in the rain" I knew exactly what this bitch was heading for.

I hope ICBC butt fucks her. Literally I can't even see a mark on her car. Lawyers that stand behind bogus claims like this need to be shamed as well.

And if anyone believes she was actually injured, then we should probably lock her up in a padded room with a straight jacket so she can't hurt herself, since she must obviously be made of paper mache.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 06:58 PM   #44
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
prelude_prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ...
Posts: 593
Thanked 1,041 Times in 116 Posts
I'm surprised at you guys saying ICBC wouldn't pay her a cent. Now I'm not a professional or anything but I've always assumed they probably do get quite a significant settlement. I wouldn't think that their lawyers would bother anyways tackling their case if they didn't see it as a valid case to milk.

We've all heard those stories of people you know taking time off work to 'see a doctor' as per the scumbag lawyers advice. Hell I've heard of stories of people not going to work, lined up to see chiro, doctor, physio, dental(lol claims of their teeth getting loosened from a fenderbender) every week. Eventually after a year? or whatever ICBC just settles the case with a substantial offer cause they don't want to keep paying out of their asses for it.

Oh did I ever tell you the story of some girl who didn't wear a seatbelt? When she got into an accident she slammed her head into the rear view mirror and broke it. She got a teeny cut on her forehead and got paid 20k or something. I heard she got a bigger settlement cause she was a girl. omg kill me teh scars.

How about the story of the family in the minivan that got rear ended? How the whole family (4 people) in the car, sued icbc for injury from a broken bumper. That's four cases, four settlements. Probably got a year-end bonus bigger than the one they'd get from working.

The system is fucked. Not just icbc but the system/lawyers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by fuzebox
Once upon a time there was a carbon fibre hood named "Ricey", and all his life he wished he was painted to match the rest of the car he belonged too. One day...

Last edited by prelude_prince; 10-26-2016 at 07:08 PM.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #45
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,715
Thanked 7,529 Times in 2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude_prince View Post
I'm surprised at you guys saying ICBC wouldn't pay her a cent. Now I'm not a professional or anything but I've always assumed they probably do get quite a significant settlement. I wouldn't think that their lawyers would bother anyways tackling their case if they didn't see it as a valid case to milk.

We've all heard those stories of people you know taking time off work to 'see a doctor' as per the scumbag lawyers advice. Hell I've heard of stories of people not going to work, lined up to see chiro, doctor, physio, dental(lol claims of their teeth getting loosened from a fenderbender) every week. Eventually after a year? or whatever ICBC just settles the case with a substantial offer cause they don't want to keep paying out of their asses for it.

Oh did I ever tell you the story of some girl who didn't wear a seatbelt? When she got into an accident she slammed her head into the rear view mirror and broke it. She got a teeny cut on her forehead and got paid 20k or something. I heard she got a bigger settlement cause she was a girl. omg kill me teh scars.

How about the story of the family in the minivan that got rear ended? How the whole family (4 people) in the car, sued icbc for injury from a broken bumper. That's four cases, four settlements. Probably got a year-end bonus bigger than the one they'd get from working.

The system is fucked. Not just icbc but the system/lawyers.
I don't know how recent a lot of this information is. In the last 3-5 years ICBC has really been cracking down on BS claims.

You can even see they have advertisements on the TV warning people about fradulent claims.

We aren't saying ICBC won't pay her a cent, but it's bullshit that they have to just because she's a stupd lying cunt and lawyered up.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #46
【=◈︿◈=】
 
- kT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ricemond
Posts: 4,939
Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
I believe they try this tactic but anyone can go get a lawyer and then Icbc gets a lawyer and then come the costs
most injury lawyers that work on icbc injury cases get paid on a contingency basis, and if you don't get any settlement, they don't take anything from you. nothing up front, no consultation fee. my lawyer, when i had my claim, charged something like 20% if it was settled outside of court, 25% if it went to court, etc. there's really zero downside to getting an injury lawyer if you're genuinely hurt from the accident

on the flip side though if the lawyer suspects you have no case (ie falsely claiming injuries) they won't take you on. obviously
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net