REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #101
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
https://kotaku.com/this-is-an-excell...bed-1842020532

Advertisement
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #102
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I'm only 150 lbs, so glad to hear that the luxury firm isn't too hard for your wife. I like to have a bit of sink, but have the support that many soft mattresses don't provide. Of course, every person is different, so the only thing I can do is order it and give it a shot. Just hoping it doesn't feel like I'm sleeping on the ground!
Good luck!

Also, she used to sleep on a Seahorse mattress so this was like a pillow cloud to her lol.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:55 PM   #103
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
lol black

all the cum stains

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #104

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
lol black

all the cum stains
don't think gamers have to worry about that
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #105

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
don't think gamers have to worry about that
LOL

Spoiler!

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:35 PM   #106

FYI AMEX Offers got $200 off min $1250 purchase after tax and shipping at Casper. Must register card prior to purchase.

Quote:
Spend at least $1,250 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.casper.com/amex by 17/02/2021 and earn a one-time $200 statement credit. Registration cap applies. Terms apply.
Offer Terms

Spoiler!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #107
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
To update this, we ended up buying a stearns and foster mastress from Costco, king size

In my research this rebranded Kirkland searns abs foster seems to be the equivalent of their $3200 in-house model. We paid $1600 I believe. Costco worth every penny imo. Their “white glove” service which is contracted out was amazing and I give the two guys credit for getting the mattress into our bedroom as it’s up 2 flights of stairs abs with an almost 60 deg corner at the top of the stairs Lolol.. guys were champs though gave em $50. Mattress is amazing abs fuck our sleeps have dramatically improved from our 9-10 year old mattress. I have instantly felt more rested every night since getting it even if I don’t have a super great sleep.

We also ended up buying a new Duvet from Canadian down and feather co. Their “XL king all season” duvet, 850 loft, hudderite down, etc. Fuck it is ducking amazing!!! It was not cheap (regular price for the XL king is 1200 + tax) but figured ball out on somthing like this once and not worry about it. It comes with a 30 year warantee and my wife who was sleeping before with like 4 blankets including a cheapo Costco duvet and like 3 throws because she’s always cold can sleep with just the new duvet now and it regulates temps enough that I’m fine with it as well.

But yea, the online selection from Costco is crazy abs their delivery/return policy is worth every penny imo.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #108
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Bought a douglas matteress recently. Going to give that sleep trial a try.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #109
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanks Hondaracer for the update. It reminds me that I should provide an update as well.

I was looking to purchase a new mattress exactly a year ago and almost pulled the trigger on a Logan & Cove.

We ended up skipping the "bed in a box" and getting a mattress from Simmons Mattress Gallery on Broadway. Hybrid mattress with 1" latex, on top of some foam, on pocket coils. Made locally in Surrey. This mattress weighs a ton - one of the delivery guys almost had a heart attack bringing it into our condo unit.

It is a bit firmer than I am used to, but my wife and I love it and have been sleeping way better over the past year. No issues 11 months in. We use Casper pillows which are still good after 2 years of use.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #110
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Do you ever throw your Casper pillow into the washer/dryer every 6 months? I know it recommends that but I have yet to try it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #111
My homepage has been set to RS

Yah we wash ours every 4 to 6 months! Take out the inside piece and wash both the inside and outside, then throw in the dryer. Fluff it up afterwards and it it feels amazing!
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:03 PM   #112
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
What’s the deal with the Casper pillows? So they are memory foam? Firm?
Old 02-06-2021, 05:33 PM   #113
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Yah we wash ours every 4 to 6 months! Take out the inside piece and wash both the inside and outside, then throw in the dryer. Fluff it up afterwards and it it feels amazing!
Awesome thanks.

I've got a new washer/dryer being delivered in a few weeks so I'll do that. I've been hesitant due to the top load washer I've got because I won't want it wrecked, and the dryer is a bit iffy with some bizarre electronics going wonky.

@Hondaracer - I'm not sure. It's just good. haha

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #114
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Looks like I’m searching for a new mattress after purchasing one 2 years ago. A friend works at the Fairmont, and we used their discount to purchase a “Fairmont” mattress. They apparently sell them for about 3k and we got it for around $7-800 if I recall. When it arrived I was so pissed I hadn’t bought one sooner. 2 years later, it’s sacked right out (big euro top thing). I’m not that heavy at 185lb. My side has a bloody hole, but my wife’s side is like normal. It’s a stearns and foster luxury plush euro too deal.

I was having pretty bad back pain every morning lately so I flipped it foot to head, and had my first great sleep in months, while my wife slept in the hole. Lol.

Time to pay some big bucks I guess. I’ve had the basic Costco euro too. It didn’t last long either. Honda racers thing sounds intriguing. I’m tempted to shell out some big coin and get a Beautyrest Black. A few friends have them and swear by them. Considering how much I love sleep and literally can’t do without it (I’m like a child) I guess I really shouldn’t even think about being my normal self and cheating out again. Frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 02-06-2021 at 08:09 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2021, 10:48 PM   #115
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
I was looking at the fairmont one but tried a euro top one in-store...way too soft for my old man back

using some budget ikea one that’s moved with me a few times haha, no issues so allowed me to get a good massage chair instead
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:58 PM   #116

I realized I posted my mattress review in the Boxing Day thread, so I'll cross post here:

Quote:
https://www.silkandsnow.com/en-ca/hybrid-mattress/

I bought this hybrid mattress for myself 2 months ago. I liked it, I like their pillows a lot too, so much that I bought myself another one of their pillows. I also ordered the same mattress for my parents.

My old mattress gave me a lot of back pain and since i've been in two MVAs in the past year, I figured I should get myself smt decent. Happy to report no back pain - im a side/back sleeper. Cannot comment on its performance in the fun department tho, covid has me hung out to dry.

I have referral code that I can PM, but I think it's on sale right now for $850 in a Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
that is actually the one I'm thinking about getting, that and the mattress bad you get $200 off which seems really reasonable. I've been having back pain for ages because of my bed and the gf is starting to complain as well when she sleeps over so I have to upgrade. How do you like it compared to being firm/soft?
Quote:
I haven't had that much experience with different beds, but its firmer than my all foam IKEA 6 inch mattress that i've had for the last 15 years LOL. That thing was so flat, I might as well have been sleeping on the floor.

It's softer than a Horseshoe (?) that super asian harder than rocks bed. My parents say its pretty firm compared to their old spring mattress, but i think they'll get used to it.

I prefer firm beds over a cloud though, and I feel that this is just right for me

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2021, 12:12 AM   #117
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone know where to buy california king bed frames

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #118
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^ recently purchased a bed frame off of Wayfair for my daughter. First purchase on that site. Solid wood, looks great and was reasonably priced. Check it out they might have just what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:44 AM   #119
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I was fortunate in that a friend of mine had a mattress company drop off 3 different mattresses for him to try in a home he hasn’t fully moved into yet. I had the chance to lay on them almost as if I was in a showroom.

I wasn’t in the market for a new bed but after I took a nap on his Intellibed, it sort of ruined things for me.

I remember when I was happy to sleep on the couch haha
Marco.911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #120
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote