REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Car accident in the Massey Tunnel shuts down south bound traffic this morning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711246-car-accident-massey-tunnel-shuts-down-south-bound-traffic-morning.html)

racerman88 12-16-2016 06:38 AM

Car accident in the Massey Tunnel shuts down south bound traffic this morning

Just saw on the news this morning that a Lamborghini rear ended a Ferrari in the tunnel.
One of the cars had an N on the back of course.
AM730 says tunnel should be reopened around 7:45am.
I hope no one got stuck in the traffic nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_AK 12-16-2016 06:43 AM

Fucking lol

white rocket 12-16-2016 08:05 AM

I was northbound in that mess for an hour this morning. A Ferrari and a Lambo? Great, ICBC needs to kick in that $150,000 maximum sooner than later to prevent these rich assholes from fucking it up for the common person.

originalhypa 12-16-2016 09:42 AM

Do they know these guys??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8809557)

Thanks to the shitty drivers thread for this one.

Mr.Money 12-16-2016 10:13 AM

someone got brake checked...gg.

Traum 12-16-2016 10:57 AM

Well, here is the CTV news clip:

Expensive crash: Lamborghini and Ferrari collide | CTV Vancouver News

The first thing I thought of is how ICBC says they are not going to insure these luxury / super cars. :lawl:

Harvey Specter 12-16-2016 11:14 AM

Shit, I know one of the owners and he posted a video on IG last night of a whole bunch of supercars cruising around Richmond.

320icar 12-16-2016 11:24 AM

If it's found they were on ultra high performance summer tires, icbc can refuse to pay out and void their insurance.

... If there is a god, hear our plea now!

320icar 12-16-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8810400)
Shit, I know one of the owners and he posted a video on IG last night of a whole bunch of supercars cruising around Richmond.

So, a regular Thursday night in Richmond :p

Harvey Specter 12-16-2016 11:29 AM

Hopefully they had winter tires but even with the proper tires I personally wouldn't be zipping around in super cars in -9 weather. God forbid you hit some black ice and wrap yourself around a pole or even worst kill some innocent driver because of your stupidity.

!LittleDragon 12-16-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8810402)
If it's found they were on ultra high performance summer tires, icbc can refuse to pay out and void their insurance.

... If there is a god, hear our plea now!

I don't think they void. From their website

Quote:

No. Driving without winter tires​ will not void your insurance if you have a claim. It also won't mean you're automatically at-fault in a crash. However, if you get in a crash where winter tires could have helped, not having them may affect whether—or how much—you are at fault.

I'm still confused about the not insuring over $150k thing tho. In this case, both cars were over $150k... but if a $10k Honda runs a red and T-bones a $500k Lambo.... wouldn't the claim come out of the Honda owner's policy since he was at fault? ICBC would be paying to repair/replace the Lambo anyways

Harvey Specter 12-16-2016 12:00 PM

I've read the minster also wants to cap repairs for exotics even if the other driver is at fault. It's ridiculous but all this should get sorted out once private insurers come into play.

320icar 12-16-2016 12:01 PM

UHP's come with warnings to NOT use them in anything under 7 degrees Celsius, as they act unpredictable and are not safe to use. Any car that comes with them from the factory (m3, m5, even my focus ST) comes with a warning in the owners manual. The tire manufacturer tells you to not use these tires, if you choose to then the risk is on you

!LittleDragon 12-16-2016 12:25 PM

Wouldn't that just mean they'll be found at fault since they have the wrong tire on for the conditions. Insurance is still valid. They just pay their deductible, their rates would go up unless they have roadstar and that's it.

lilaznviper 12-16-2016 12:48 PM

traffic is still horrible going southbound last time i passed by there at around 12 30

jasonturbo 12-16-2016 12:53 PM

Some of the dumbest people I have met also happen to be some of the richest people I have met... it's the weirdest thing.

Luckily I'm not one of them, I'm dumb AND poor.

KDMofo 12-16-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !LittleDragon (Post 8810425)
Wouldn't that just mean they'll be found at fault since they have the wrong tire on for the conditions. Insurance is still valid. They just pay their deductible, their rates would go up unless they have roadstar and that's it.

Roadstar is a package offered to drivers with a safe record for loss of use coverage. Even if you do have a safe driving record and found at fault, your rate's will still go up but only by a small margin.

dabbin 12-16-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDMofo (Post 8810433)
Roadstar is a package offered to drivers with a safe record for loss of use coverage. Even if you do have a safe driving record and found at fault, your rate's will still go up but only by a small margin.

If you have a high enough discount your discount rate doesn't change even if you're at fault. 20 fault-free years needed for several free at faults crashes. 13 years for 1 free. Just pay the deductible, insurance premium will stay the same.

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf

!LittleDragon 12-16-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDMofo (Post 8810433)

Can't remember what level but I'm in the -43% range and according to their scale, I can have at least 1 at fault accident before it affects my rates. Those with the max -20 level discount can have 5 accidents within a certain number of years before it affects their rates. Only the noob roadstars will be affected by an at fault accident.

KDMofo 12-16-2016 02:39 PM

Sorry, your rates wont go up but you do have to pay a small premium for the next couple of years. I've talked many customers into going through with a claim at -20 and they've all told me the same thing - ranging from $30-100/per year for 3 years.

dabbin 12-16-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDMofo (Post 8810455)
Sorry, your rates wont go up but you do have to pay a small premium for the next couple of years. I've talked many customers into going through with a claim at -20 and they've all told me the same thing - ranging from $30-100/per year for 3 years.

They are mistaken.

Unless while at -20, they had 3 at faults in 3 years.. THEN they would pay a penalty while maintaining a 43% discount.

Multiple Crash Premium

The only way they'd pay more is for Roadside plus ($28 more), but would need to be -12 or lower for that to drop out of roadstar discount for them to be hit, and that means increased insurance rates anyways. At -20 that cost would stay the same.

The_AK 12-16-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8810406)
Hopefully they had winter tires but even with the proper tires I personally wouldn't be zipping around in super cars in -9 weather. God forbid you hit some black ice and wrap yourself around a pole or even worst kill some innocent driver because of your stupidity.

Hopefully they didn't have winter tires so ICBC refuses to cover them

*fail suit on*

Akinari 12-16-2016 03:16 PM

Stupid idiots.

Blah_Teggie 12-16-2016 05:11 PM

Wait, I'm confused. According to the article, the Lambo and Ferrari crashed happened around midnight. But this morning there was another crash. I got there at 6:42 and didn't get to cross the Massey Tunnel southbound until 7:42 and I remember seeing a blue 2000 ish Civic coupe and I think a white pick up truck as the vehicles involved.

Harvey Specter 12-16-2016 05:29 PM

:pokerface:

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...63867136_n.jpg