REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #26
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
In their first fight McGregor was fighting at Welterweight for the first time so he would have been ranked lower since he never fought in that division before.

As for the second part define what you mean by "kill her off". Are you insinuating that Ronda was in on this and she willingly got shit kicked to fix the fight? Or are you saying the UFC strategically gave Ronda a title shot because they knew she would lose against Nunes? Either way it sounds really far fetched.

And no, there's no other up and comer in the woman's division that will bring in close to what Ronda did.

Either way Diaz wore white, Conor could have threw on green trunks.

I'm thinking Ronda was there to take a dive. Almost like a severance cheque for her. She got paid big to take that fight. There was no chance for her to win. She's a garbage fighter that's been crushing pop cans her whole career. Giving her a title shot was an easy exit for her since Nunes would definitely smash her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Yes she took a year off but she lost one fight leading into last week. If they are fixing fights why would she be washed up? They could have her win last week and keep winning setting up big pay day rematches all over the place. I'm sorry but I'm not buying what you're selling as far as that fight goes.
She's mentally broken and UFC doesn't want to deal with her anymore. I think the UFC want's go in a different direction.
I never said I have any proof of this, I'm just going with what I think is happening.
Advertisement

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Ronda could beat Floyd though right? :/ shes a joke.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
Either way Diaz wore white, Conor could have threw on green trunks.

I'm thinking Ronda was there to take a dive. Almost like a severance cheque for her. She got paid big to take that fight. There was no chance for her to win. She's a garbage fighter that's been crushing pop cans her whole career. Giving her a title shot was an easy exit for her since Nunes would definitely smash her.

She's mentally broken and UFC doesn't want to deal with her anymore. I think the UFC want's go in a different direction.
I never said I have any proof of this, I'm just going with what I think is happening.
What would the colour of his shorts matter even if he was in on it?

And there's no way Ronda would take that beating and wait for the ref to stop it, she would have taken one or two shots and went down.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #29
I'm better than you.

Ronda was rumored to get roughly 3 mil and Nunes was only getting 100k. It needs to be convincing enough. She got beat up, but the fight lasted under a minute.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #30

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Ronda was rumored to get roughly 3 mil and Nunes was only getting 100k. It needs to be convincing enough. She got beat up, but the fight lasted under a minute.
She got 3 mil because she sells PPVs, Nunes does not. I'm not a fan of Ronda but there's no way someone as competitive as her will willingly go in there and not only lose, but get humiliated and risk her pretty face for some extra cash.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #31
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
She got 3 mil because she sells PPVs, Nunes does not. I'm not a fan of Ronda but there's no way someone as competitive as her will willingly go in there and not only lose, but get humiliated and risk her pretty face for some extra cash.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #32
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
All the promotion was on Rousey because she's significantly more popular among fans and casuals than Nunes. Same reason why a lot of the focus for McGregor/Aldo was done on McGregor. The fact that Rousey is represented by WME/IMG makes it that much more obvious (they own the UFC)
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

u got to be smart when your betting on sports. my dad does the same thing too
nigguh_frost69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #34
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
If you're really smart you probably wouldn't be betting at all lol..

Back when I first started getting into NHL betting I was HEAVY into the league as a whole, I probably watched 150 games that year and took into account everything from injuries, travel, etc.

I MAYBE made $500 that year with probably 20 times that risked over the season
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #35
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Still waiting for conspiracy picks.

Come on, bounce. Hook a brother up!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #36
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Best sports better in the world only has a 5% edge.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #37
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Official numbers revealed by the NSAC

Final UFC 207 salaries: Champ Amanda Nunes gets $200K, Ronda Rousey $3 million | MMAjunkie

The full list of UFC 207 disclosed payouts included:

Champ Amanda Nunes: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Ronda Rousey: $3 million

Champ Cody Garbrandt: $200,000
def. Dominick Cruz: $350,000

T.J. Dillashaw: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. John Lineker: $43,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $134,000 (includes $67,000 win bonus)
def. Tarec Saffiedine: $40,000

Ray Borg: $30,600+ (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Smolka: $37,400+

Neil Magny: $114,000* (includes $47,000 win bonus)
def. Johny Hendricks: $80,000*

Antonio Carlos Junior: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
def. Marvin Vettori: $12,000

Alex Garcia: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Pyle: $55,000

Niko Price: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Brandon Thatch: $22,000

Tim Means: $35,000 (no win bonus since fight ended in a no-contest)
vs. Alex Oliveira: $28,000 (no win bonus since fight ended in a no-contest)

* – 20 percent ($20,000) of Hendricks’ purse was awarded to Magny as a fine for missing weight
+ – 30 percent ($5,400) of Borg’s purse was awarded to Smolka as a fine for missing weight
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

for anyone that has basic understanding of statistics, coincidences are hardly coincidences at all given all the combinations of occurrences that happen everyday, you can find patterns in anything

if I flip a coin a billion times, and it lands on heads 100 times in a row, is that some conspiracy?
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:04 AM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
its not fair to only look at winners to see who they acquired that have this figure.
how about look at the teams that played bad and if they also have players fall into this criteria then it doesnt really work
Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 AM   #40
I'm better than you.

Who do you guys think will win SB51?

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
nunes is a far superior fighter to rousey, thats why rousey lost lmao not cause it was fixed

you really think nunes would have any troubles against someone who throws punches like this?

Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #42
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Who do you guys think will win SB51?

The Pats have to be the favorite. I despise the Packers more then any other team but they are running hot right now, I could see them take a run at it for sure. Pittsburgh could also be dangerous, I'll be putting my money in a couple directions and hopefully one of them pans out.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #43
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
There is less sport fixing when it comes to amateur sports.

Go Canada go! World junior team sends the Swedes home in today's semi final.

Bring on the Americans!!! Going for gold!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:12 AM   #44

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
U really need to watch European soccer lol

Few years back alot of ppl thought Liverpool was going to win EPL after so many years and on the final game they make sure they lose top spot by shooting in their own goal by mistake

Then after they heard man city took top spot after scoring,they went on to win that game at end

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2017, 06:14 AM   #45
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
U really need to watch European soccer lol

Few years back alot of ppl thought Liverpool was going to win EPL after so many years and on the final game they make sure they lose top spot by shooting in their own goal by mistake

Then after they heard man city took top spot after scoring,they went on to win that game at end
Soccer has been known to have fixed matches for a long time

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #46
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Hey Bounce,

Thanks for the picks this weekend

Spoiler!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #47
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Paid To Lose: Is Being A Journeyman Boxer The Shittest Job In Sport? - FHM
"stick car is funer then any auto but i will only take cl55amg, sl55amg, slk55amg, clk55amg, sl60amg if auto. why people drive auto becuz it is they can't drive the 6speed gear. auto is too slow of car means the seconds higher with the manual 1/4, 1/8
only fast auto is AMG ever. "
LancerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #48
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
i heard the government is fixed.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #49
RS controls my life!

Quote:
For anyone who's interested in sports, it's crossed your mind at least once before. Over the last couple years I've gotten into sports betting and have placed bets based on some of my crazy conspiracy theories. Personally I think sports in general is fixed.

Let me elaborate on some of my research. Simple gematria has been around for ages. I noticed that "Superbowl" in simple gematria adds up to be 131 and "Championship" also adds up to 131. The past winners of the Superbowl has had players that joined their team that year when they won. Just for the record, this is just for the winning teams. Here's some stats for the past 10 Superbowls.

Spoiler!

Last year was the first time betting on the Superbowl. On top of the 131 connections, Peyton Manning was set to retire in 2016. He's highly known in the NFL and I felt they helped him get a final Superbowl win before he retired.

I also decided to bet on the NBA using 131 as my foundation for research. As we all know, The Cavs beat the Warriors. Before the series started, I did some research and noticed Lebron James had 127 career playoff wins. If the Cavs were to win the playoffs, he would end up with 131 wins. As I dug deeper into my research, numerology seemed to play a big role and 131 wasn't the only number I was looking at. I was now looking into numbers that lined up. Cleveland's area code is 216, and year was 2016. The final score of Game 6 was 115 and 101. 115+101=216. Lebron James is also known as "King James". The real King James was born on June 19th. Lebron James wins the series on June 19th. Another thing that made me confident that Cavs were definitely going to win was the fact that Nike had just signed him to the biggest contract in history. He was also rumored to be in the new Space Jam movie.
Some more interesting NBA numbers. In honor of Kobe Bryant retiring last year, the NBA declares April 13th to be "Mamba Day". Mamba day in simple gematria is 60. Kobe Bryant scored 60 points in his final game on April 13th.

I figured if the NFL and NBA are fixed, the NHL must be as well! The Pittsburgh Penguins added Bryan Rust who's birthday is May 11th (131th day of the year) and Nick Bonino whos birthday adds up to 131. I never ended up betting on the Penguins because I wasn't too confident in myself at the time.

I wish I had screen shot the date I placed my bets for the Cavs and Bronco's. I have a hunch on who's going to win the Superbowl in Feb and I've screen shotted it now and I'll post it when it's all over.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Do you guys think there's any merit to my findings or if there are actually any connections between numerology and sports?
So? Did you correctly guess the Pats? I'm dying to know!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I don't follow Football but I did check the score online just for curiosity and I thought Falcons had it. I checked the score later that night to see a miracle comeback... Crazy!
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote