REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #26
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Man View Post
did not read other than first... so if it hasn't already been talked about, from my understanding the 3 years back to 0 discount only applies if you are off the road for those 3 years... so no cars insured under your name. Otherwise you just go back down 5 percent a year from highest surcharge
This is incorrect. Doesn't matter how much surcharge your paying after 3 years it goes back to 0. If your driving during those 3 years it goes down 5% every year until the 3rd
Advertisement
cooke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Find a decent broker willing to check things in their system to know for sure, but if you're gonna insure both at the same time you want to insure the cheaper vehicle first (in this case your Civic). If you transfer your Civic insurance to your Genesis you'll likely get the worse discount back on the Genesis (since it's the only policy attached to you), so you'll likely have to cancel and reinsure or renew the Civic insurance, then insure the Genesis. Depending on when your Civic insurance expires this may or may not be worth doing when you want to plate the Genesis.

If you're on monthly with the Civic cancel it just before the end of a month (payment month, not calendar) or you won't get as much back. If not just put shorter term (3 or 6 month) insurance on the Genesis so that it expires before the Civic needs renewal.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #28
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
just got off the phone with icbc. what the lady said was that there was an error a few years ago where I was apparently getting -5 on the Genesis.. ? and this is why the Genesis will only be at -3 on next renewal. that makes absolutely zero sense to me, so is she saying that because they made an error I am now getting affected by it? I don't remember a time when I was ever getting -5 on the Genesis either
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #29
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
I was under the impression that after 3 years my surcharge would be down to 0%
However that is incorrect and you just go down the steps normally.

My brz is only at -25 after all these years =(
Old 03-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #30
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

That is ridiculous. I had an at fault accident at 25% discount. Was told I would go back down to 0% for 3 years (0, -5, -10). By the end of the 3rd year I would jump back to my original discount of -25%. This is what I was told. From what I'm hearing I will have to work my way back down? If so I am going to try the two policy technique..
BrokenEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
This thread hurts my head lol

Just to add to the discussion I had a hanging claim situation. When I was 16 I had an at fault accident in my father's car. I didn't own or insure a car at the time so the claim attached to my father's policy (plates). Eventually my father got a new car with new plates. He sold the old car, cancelled the policy and turned in the plates.

The claim was then hanging. The next person (my father or I) to start or renew a policy would have the claim attach to it. Unlucky for me I renewed my insurance and it attached to my plate. I bought a second car with new plates and had full discount on it.

Sold my first car with less of a discount and turned in the plates. Claim was hanging again. My dad renewed his insurance and it reattached to his policy. It's been so many years now it doesn't matter but it was quite the learning experience.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2017, 03:18 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
This thread hurts my head lol

Just to add to the discussion I had a hanging claim situation. When I was 16 I had an at fault accident in my father's car. I didn't own or insure a car at the time so the claim attached to my father's policy (plates). Eventually my father got a new car with new plates. He sold the old car, cancelled the policy and turned in the plates.

The claim was then hanging. The next person (my father or I) to start or renew a policy would have the claim attach to it. Unlucky for me I renewed my insurance and it attached to my plate. I bought a second car with new plates and had full discount on it.

Sold my first car with less of a discount and turned in the plates. Claim was hanging again. My dad renewed his insurance and it reattached to his policy. It's been so many years now it doesn't matter but it was quite the learning experience.
i had the exact same thing happen to me
the dumb thing was ICBC never actually told me there was a claim that was doing this until i noticed it several years later

called and they bumbled their way explaining it until one knowledgeable person finally put it in understandable terms.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 03-02-2017 at 03:27 PM.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #33
RS Veteran

I had no idea that is how it worked either until it attached to my policy many years later and I was like WTF. That is when the agent explained it to me.

Also who remembers the good old days of receiving 10% extra discount per year instead of 5%!

Old 03-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Unless it has changed recently, whether you were at a discount position or a surcharge position, before your most recent at fault accident, this should determine whether you go to 0 or your previous discount level, after 3 years of being claims free. This is called the Base Rate or Recovery Rule.

To the OP, call ICBC again and ask why the Recovery Rule wouldn't apply to you?

Can't find a newer version, but refer to the bottom of page 3 here:

http://www.bcuc.com/Documents/Procee...t-web-page.pdf

Good luck with ICBC.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
just got off the phone with icbc. what the lady said was that there was an error a few years ago where I was apparently getting -5 on the Genesis.. ? and this is why the Genesis will only be at -3 on next renewal. that makes absolutely zero sense to me, so is she saying that because they made an error I am now getting affected by it? I don't remember a time when I was ever getting -5 on the Genesis either
This is odd because from the start of the thread, you've had the same situation as me...they gave me the same answer.

The "dangling claim" did not attach with our Genesis and we were given a "freebie". It didn't attach because of somehow our policies were cancelled/reinsured. So now that we insured our "civic", the dangling claim attached to it. I'm still confused because I thought I paid off the 3 year surcharge already...
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #36
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
this is what i was posting on my post. THEY made an error and gave me more discount, and now theyre taking me back a few spots to "correct" THEIR error , like wtf ? not my fault lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #37
I'm invisible

Omg 😲..

ICBC just posted this on their website about how rating the CRS will be changed in 2018.

ICBC increases fairness of basic insurance rates

http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/newsr...t-premiums.pdf
Old 03-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #38
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
What a fucking joke. You lose 11 CRS if your maxed out at -20 and there's still a CRS cap. Meanwhile, -17 ends up at the same discount. Bullshit

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #39
RS Veteran

Here is the new CRS chart effective May 6th 2018: http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/D.../crs-chart.pdf

20 year safe drivers now go down 11 steps instead of 3! Instead of 3 accidents and still keep 43% discount you would go to 15% discount after the 2nd accident.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #40
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Soooo....How is this fair for anyone who's been accident free for 20+ years?

How is it logical that someone with a higher discount, drops more levels than someone with a lower one?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 03-03-2017 at 06:37 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:48 PM   #41
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
this is BS. it makes me want to have a car crashing party for all lvl 20s.

I would be ok with this change if the penalty for crashing increases, the benefit for being accident free should also increase.

This new system makes no sense.. after level 15, there is no incentive to keep building levels, they should literally just cap it at level 15.. what difference does it make?

edit: just saw a post for reporting fraud to ICBC.. I think I'm going to report the new CRS scale as fraud
http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/Pages/fraud.aspx

Last edited by freakshow; 03-03-2017 at 06:56 PM.
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:06 AM   #42
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
noticed this in one of the articles - "In addition, just like today, customers who cause a crash will regain their previous discount if they go three consecutive years without being responsible for a crash."

note regain their previous discount. does that mean that 3 years after an at fault crash, you not only lose the surcharge but go back to whatever your discount was at prior to the at fault crash?
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote