REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Dog Fight

Need a suggestion.

Yesterday night, (March 27th around 10pm)
after walking the dog out, I was returning to my apartment as another couple was coming out of the lobby with their medium build dog.

Their dog seem to be very aggressive and tried to jump on my dog.
That's when everything got messy.

Even though my dog was on a tight leash close by my side,
owners of their dog couldn't control him and I "believe" they accidentally let go of the leash.
That resulted their dog literally wide-open his mouth and biting my dog's forehead -> now my dog needs stitches and suffering pain.

Problem is, they literally just ran away with the dog on loose and I do not have any contacts as I had to take my dog immediately to the vet ER.

I'm thinking about posting an ad on our apartment bulletin, but what if they never respond to my ad?

Are there any animal control service organization that I can call and get them to search the building and find the owners
or
do I need report it to the city hall or even police?

I strongly believe that they need to put a muzzle on their dog or do something about it for the safety of other dogs in the building.

I do not want to make big announcement while living in an apartment building(ie: contacting strata etc) but i really need/want to track them down.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mkhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
how big is your building?
what are the chances you'll run into them again?

personally, I would probably call the city or SPCA and ask for advice. I'm pretty sure cops don't handle these things nor would SPCA send anyone.

sounds like they should be on the hook for some vet bills at least

hope your dog is ok
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhun View Post
I do not want to make big announcement while living in an apartment building(ie: contacting strata etc) but i really need/want to track them down.
Why don't you want to contact strata? They're more likely to know which units have pets, and if this dog is not well trained there have likely been complaints about it previously.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Get your strata involved, no brainer. Post a large note in the lobby telling the owners to come foward, or any residents to slip a note in your door. An owner with a dog is not hard to find.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

You should report them b/c their dog attacked yours and could possibly attack a child. Owners should have control of their dogs at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
all advice has been great, if you want to find them that bad I would even offer a reward for someone to tell you who's dog it is. No question contact strata since that's once thing they will be able to help with.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
how big is your building?
what are the chances you'll run into them again?
personally, I would probably call the city or SPCA and ask for advice. I'm pretty sure cops don't handle these things nor would SPCA send anyone.
sounds like they should be on the hook for some vet bills at least
hope your dog is ok
It's 48 story building, each floor has about 10 units.
I did call the city hall and filed an complaint, along with my&strata contact# after talking to strata.
And yes, we do come across each other quite often. I got a very detailed description of the owners actually.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Why don't you want to contact strata? They're more likely to know which units have pets, and if this dog is not well trained there have likely been complaints about it previously.
Thank you.
I was bit hesitant contacting strata because when it come to pets, they behave very, very sensitive even though it's pet friendly building.
Regardless, I took everyone's advice here and did contact the strata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Get your strata involved, no brainer. Post a large note in the lobby telling the owners to come foward, or any residents to slip a note in your door. An owner with a dog is not hard to find.
I drafted a simple and detailed ad to post at the board with pictures.
I did contact the strata and they'll do their job on behalf from now on hopefully.
As mentioned above, they become very sensitive when it comes to 'pet matters'(ie: i did get notice and fined because my dog sometimes howls due to separation anxiety) so i was trying to stay away from contacting them in the beginning. I did not also want the other parties get into too much trouble.
If they're renters not the owners, they may get evicted. That's what I was concerned about but oh wells..

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
You should report them b/c their dog attacked yours and could possibly attack a child. Owners should have control of their dogs at all times.
Thank you.
True. Ad I created to put up at the board did state the fact that it's just not other pets, also the young ones might be in danger due to the other dog's aggressiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
all advice has been great, if you want to find them that bad I would even offer a reward for someone to tell you who's dog it is. No question contact strata since that's once thing they will be able to help with.
Thank you.
I will give it time till the end of this week and probably create another ad with rewards or something else
if the owners of the other dog don't come foward.

Last edited by Mkhun; 03-28-2017 at 12:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #8
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Any cameras where it happened?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Any cameras where it happened?
There are 2 actually and I asked Strata if they can retrieve some of the footage.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #10
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Perfect. Good luck.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #11
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
This is the appropriate response.

Another thing that you can do is post a notice on the common notice board with a description of the owners and their dog and offer a reward. Guaran-damn-tee you that someone has seen them and will be more than willing to report it.

Quote:
As mentioned above, they become very sensitive when it comes to 'pet matters'(ie: i did get notice and fined because my dog sometimes howls due to separation anxiety) so i was trying to stay away from contacting them in the beginning. I did not also want the other parties get into too much trouble.

If they're renters not the owners, they may get evicted. That's what I was concerned about but oh wells.
Honestly, you're too nice. Who cares about the other party getting into trouble or possibly evicted? If your dog attacks mine for no apparent reason, other then the fact that they're aggressive, then you damn well better be prepared to suffer the consequences. You have nothing to be worried about. Remember, their dog attacked yours. Not only will your dog need to take time to heal from the physical attack, but psychologically, your dog can/will have a hard time not being anxious or protective against other dogs now.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
This is the appropriate response.
Another thing that you can do is post a notice on the common notice board with a description of the owners and their dog and offer a reward. Guaran-damn-tee you that someone has seen them and will be more than willing to report it.

Honestly, you're too nice. Who cares about the other party getting into trouble or possibly evicted? If your dog attacks mine for no apparent reason, other then the fact that they're aggressive, then you damn well better be prepared to suffer the consequences. You have nothing to be worried about. Remember, their dog attacked yours. Not only will your dog need to take time to heal from the physical attack, but psychologically, your dog can/will have a hard time not being anxious or protective against other dogs now.
Thank you.

I did contact strata and visited concierge in our building yesterday.
Concierge person was very cooperative, but the strata is bit slow..

They're retrieving the CCTV and it seems like the other party used side door to get in&out
since the camera inside of the lobby didn't caught anything other than me exiting before the incident and entering after the incident.

Regardless, where the incident happened is right outside of the lobby,
there's another camera so they'll re-retrieve all cameras in the building which may take some time.

They're also scanning all fob usage records stored in their database, once they catch them on CCTV record, they'll match the suspects with fob records and try to figure out which floor/unit they're in.

Surprisingly the city hall animal control officer was very, very kind and cooperative and he's pushing the strata to pull out the information of the owners.

I did created an ad and posted on the bulletin.
Maybe I should revise the ad with "reward" section and post them all 4 elevators instead of just 1 bulletin board.

I'm pushing as much as I can, just matter of time to find them and time to heal wounds in&out.

After couple stitches..
TBH still really pisses me off everytime i look at him sitting on corner like this with uncomfortable collar on.
Tough to feed, take him out on a shitty rainy day like this.
Lucky he's still being cheerful and somewhat being normal so far.

Thank you very much for all your kind advises.

I sincerely hope I can get to the bottom of this so that there's no more happenings like this to anyone with pets, kids in the building.

At this point, all I want is let the dog and the owner stay the F' out of anyone,
and I want "SORRY" from their asses.

I'm gonna focus on tracking them down, and spend all time&money for my dog's fast recovery.

I am amazed how people can be very warm and helpful with the warm words in our building, at the same time, some (like the other party) just walk away like it's non of their F'ng business.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #13
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Bloody cowards!
This is like a hit and run, except I like my dogs more than I like my truck. A lot more, and I like my truck a lot.

Thank you for the updates and please keep them coming. It will be good for everyone here if we saw that some justice was served. And to think, if they did the right thing in the first place this could have all been avoided. Poor pup, he is a good looking dog.

Good luck.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #14

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
I know a dog trainer and every time they deal/train with an aggressive dog that sheds any blood on a human or another animal, the animals information needs to be submitted to the SPCA or city for record keeping.

If you find the suspect, then you can also make sure the owners have licensed the dog, the dog has had its shots and so on.. Stratas are usually pretty good at locating the owners, especially if you have camera's.

Hope all works out.. I dont expect much from the Strata fining the culprits but make sure Animal control covers everything, especially making sure that other dog has had shots and so on.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #15
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
poor pup. Give him some extra belly rubs from RS.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Something VERY similar happened to my dog the other day, resulting in 3 stitches and a decent size vet bill. We live next to a few hotels and the dog owner stays at one of them making contacting this guy very difficult. I've left messages with the hotel, but he hasn't responded. Hope to see him in person or I'll just eat the cost, which sucks.

Hope your dog has a speedy recovery!!

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #17
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
what kind of dog?

hope your dog a speedy recovery.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

My old man is a chocolate lab, the other dog was a great Dane.

That's Hobbes on the way home from getting his stitches out yesterday.

Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17572020_1486056478080891_1653450640_o.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Wow! Hope both of your dogs have speedy recoveries! I know I would freak if another dog attacked mine and the owners took off running
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #20
Banned By Establishment

I hope your dog has a speedy recovery

racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Thank you.

They're retrieving the CCTV and it seems like the other party used side door to get in&out
since the camera inside of the lobby didn't caught anything other than me exiting before the incident and entering after the incident.

there's another camera so they'll re-retrieve all cameras in the building which may take some time.

They're also scanning all fob usage records stored in their database, once they catch them on CCTV record, they'll match the suspects with fob records and try to figure out which floor/unit they're in.

Surprisingly the city hall animal control officer was very, very kind and cooperative and he's pushing the strata to pull out the information of the owners.

Maybe I should revise the ad with "reward" section and post them all 4 elevators instead of just 1 bulletin board.

I'm pushing as much as I can, just matter of time to find them and time to heal wounds in&out.

After couple stitches..
TBH still really pisses me off everytime i look at him sitting on corner like this with uncomfortable collar on.

I sincerely hope I can get to the bottom of this so that there's no more happenings like this to anyone with pets, kids in the building.

At this point, all I want is let the dog and the owner stay the F' out of anyone,

I'm gonna focus on tracking them down, and spend all time&money for my dog's fast recovery.

I am amazed how people can be very warm and helpful with the warm words in our building, at the same time, some (like the other party) just walk away like it's non of their F'ng business.

If putting up a reward on an ad doesn't help go grab a camping chair and sit in the lobby for a day. It's a big dog, it'll need to go out to take a piss eventually.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 AM   #22
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
RS lawn chair meet
Old 03-30-2017, 09:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Bloody cowards!
This is like a hit and run, except I like my dogs more than I like my truck. A lot more, and I like my truck a lot.
Thank you for the updates and please keep them coming. It will be good for everyone here if we saw that some justice was served. And to think, if they did the right thing in the first place this could have all been avoided. Poor pup, he is a good looking dog.
Good luck.
Thank you.
Yes, it's more like you take your kid out and gets beaten no reason and cannot locate the attacker. And you take your kid to ER.
As time goes by, the waiting is drying me out slowly.
Strata is somehow being silent with all my requests and emails so far, however, the person who works at the concierge is being very cooperative so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
I know a dog trainer and every time they deal/train with an aggressive dog that sheds any blood on a human or another animal, the animals information needs to be submitted to the SPCA or city for record keeping.
If you find the suspect, then you can also make sure the owners have licensed the dog, the dog has had its shots and so on.. Stratas are usually pretty good at locating the owners, especially if you have camera's.
Hope all works out.. I dont expect much from the Strata fining the culprits but make sure Animal control covers everything, especially making sure that other dog has had shots and so on.
Thank you.
At this point, strata is being silent and I do not know if they're working on this issue or not.
Concierge person is kind enough to retrieve the CCTV and it clearly caught the incident, owners, and the aggressive dog without muzzle/leash.
I asked for a copy of the CCTV.
Coquitlam City Animal Control Officer told me to let him know if strata is not providing me the CCTV record, he will push them.

As far as he's concerned, the dog is not registered to the city nor SPCA.

Luckily my dog is registered by the city, so they created a file for us and keep following up with this issue.

Quote:
poor pup. Give him some extra belly rubs from RS.
Thank you. Already did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
Something VERY similar happened to my dog the other day, resulting in 3 stitches and a decent size vet bill. We live next to a few hotels and the dog owner stays at one of them making contacting this guy very difficult. I've left messages with the hotel, but he hasn't responded. Hope to see him in person or I'll just eat the cost, which sucks.
Hope your dog has a speedy recovery!!

Rich
Thank you.
I 100% feel what you are saying.
It's really difficult and sucky situation for sure.
Hope your dog has a speedy recovery and seriously, hope you can find the other party ASAP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilley View Post
what kind of dog?
hope your dog a speedy recovery.
Thank you.
He's a 4 years old Sheltie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
My old man is a chocolate lab, the other dog was a great Dane.
That's Hobbes on the way home from getting his stitches out yesterday.
Rich
Please send him warm regards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintoBC_3sgte View Post
Wow! Hope both of your dogs have speedy recoveries! I know I would freak if another dog attacked mine and the owners took off running
Thank you.
It's chaotic looking after your dog right after the incident and when you look up, they're gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
I hope your dog has a speedy recovery
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
If putting up a reward on an ad doesn't help go grab a camping chair and sit in the lobby for a day. It's a big dog, it'll need to go out to take a piss eventually.
Sure thing. Concierge is sitting at the lobby desk all day, and they're monitoring the CCTV and the scene around 24/7 to see if anyone matches with the CCTV picture.
They do have my personal contact info so I'm with my phone also 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
RS lawn chair meet
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #24

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Thank you.

After couple stitches..

By chance do you live in M3? I saw a sheltie in my building today with a cone, and your discription says Coquitlam. Just curious.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #25

*UPDATE*

Concierge (Big Thanks to him) did went over the CCTV and it clearly got the action, owners and the dog.
I asked the strata to give me a copy of the video so that I can fw it to Animal Control Officer.

However, we believe either:

a. they used (or usually using) side doors to get in&out of the building
b. living another apartment around the neighbourhood (there're 5 towers including ours)
as they did not used main lobby entrance.

IF a is the case,
Since CCTV shows exact time frame when it happened,
Fob usage can be tracked down which fob was used to get into elevator to which floor.
But it's tough to track down and I cannot get a hold onto the strata.
Concierge person only can track down the fob only if strata allows him to.

IF b is the case,
I will have to leave it up to the Animal Control service to see what I can do about it.

I'm supposed to have a chat with the Animal Control service officer later today to discuss further details.

At this point, what I'm thinking to do is;

as soon as I get a hold onto CCTV record,
I will try my best to colour print the screenshot of the video clearly,
post an ad with rewards on local community boards(ie: SB, Library, our apartment bulletin etc) and see if anyone will contact me.

I've spoke with couple other pet owners in our building yesterday and apparently, that dog is very famous around our neighbourhood.

People claim that that dog always shows aggression and tends to bark at any other dogs+the owners always seem to not being able to full take control of him/her.

On a bright side, my dog is recovering okay, he seems eat, poop a lot and everything seem to be okay so far.
Thanks all to the warm regards!
Supposed to take him back to vet in 8 days to take out the stitches and another vacc shot&last check up.

I took couple days off from work and staying warm, do regular walk around the block to see if i ever come across with them again.