REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Greater Victoria has been on two week pickups since before I moved here (10yrs).
They've been on the separate Food Waste + Garbage bins for 5 years.

I recycle absolutely everything possible, so my garbage bin is only ever about half full in those two weeks.

I've never really had an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
If they city want us to use biodegradable bags provide everyhouse with them along with a bucket to put in our kitchens.
Oh fuck off you cheap shit, a box of 125 compostable liners is like $5 at Costco and lasts me a year

The whole idea is to reduce waste going into the landfills so they don't fill them up as fast.
You bitch about $5 compostable liners, how would you like to pay another $200 a year on your property tax to pay for a new landfill instead?
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 04-10-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

My garburator is my compost bin.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #28

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
Sure I will do once the city actually supply everyone with a bucket for our kitchen to put our green waste in. But nope. We have to get our own bucket and pay extra to get those biodegradable out of our own pockets while the city is reducing service and increase our fees.

If they city want us to use biodegradable bags provide everyhouse with them along with a bucket to put in our kitchens.

People are already screw by all the tax we pay and we just keep rolling over.
You are so fucking lazy and selfish. Because the city won't babysit you, you can't just man up and be a decent human being and give a shit about how your actions affect your surroundings?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
If your bin is full days before pick up, then most likely you're just throwing whatever you can in your garbage.

It's time to start learning separate your garbage. We have 6 people in our household, 4 with the landlord, 2 as the tenant and our garbage bin is completely full on pick up days.

Garbage consists of tissues, small paper/plastic stuff, etc. Basically anything that is small enough to not really be able to recycle. I can't imagine you'd have THAT much garbage before the pick up day.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #30
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
If your bin is full days before pick up, then most likely you're just throwing whatever you can in your garbage.

It's time to start learning separate your garbage. We have 6 people in our household, 4 with the landlord, 2 as the tenant and our garbage bin is completely full on pick up days.

Garbage consists of tissues, small paper/plastic stuff, etc. Basically anything that is small enough to not really be able to recycle. I can't imagine you'd have THAT much garbage before the pick up day.
Try having 3 kids and two of them still use diapers. That alone is a tone of garbage.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #31
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You are so fucking lazy and selfish. Because the city won't babysit you, you can't just man up and be a decent human being and give a shit about how your actions affect your surroundings?
If the city is determine to eliminate waste then they should be providing the tools and also lower the cost for us. Example look at most food courts now, after you finish you just bring the tray to the cleaning station and they people sort out the garbage for you. Before that they actually have different bins for different items and most people just dump all the stuff into the garbage. If you want people to do something make it easy and cost effective for them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #32

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
You think it's hard to buy a years supply of compostable bags at the grocery store for 25 bucks and empty your plates into it? Everyone else in here can do it, why can't you? Are you that useless?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
If the city is determine to eliminate waste then they should be providing the tools and also lower the cost for us. Example look at most food courts now, after you finish you just bring the tray to the cleaning station and they people sort out the garbage for you. Before that they actually have different bins for different items and most people just dump all the stuff into the garbage. If you want people to do something make it easy and cost effective for them.
you need somone to chew the food for you?

the compostable bags from costco are $5 for 40-50 wax lined, paper bags.

If the city provided you a plastic bucket to keep the green waste in, i'm sure you'd be bitching about the smell/cleaning the bucket and would either buy bags, or continue using plastic bags like all the fobs. So outside of coming into your kitchen and sorting it out for you, i think you're SOL bud..

In our old building it was honestly despicable the fucking morons who would continue to put plastic bags into the recyclables. It got to the point where the building manager obviously realized it was just fobs doing it so she made massive signs with a big X through plastic bags because basic words were not working.. and still.. people didnt get it.

the problem is in a high rise, the city will stop picking up green waste all together if this is a constant problem. so the fucking morons who cant even understand pictures a child could figure out are ruining it for everyone else. It was lucky i never caught somone dumping a plastic bag in there because they would have gotten an ear full.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-11-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #34
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
You bitch about $5 compostable liners, how would you like to pay another $200 a year on your property tax to pay for a new landfill instead?
Personally, I'm okay with that. As a married couple without kids, I really don't mind paying a bit more if that means I can continue my slack way of life of killing the environment, slowly.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #35
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Burnaby here as well, 4 in my house, 2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby and we haven't run into any issues as it's pretty simple. I'm just more curious how the summer months are going to go when I have more grass/branches to throw in my green bin.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #36
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
You lucky bastards that are living in a house... at least you have the option of ordering a bigger garbage bin.

I'm stuck in my shxtty condo, and you wouldn't believe how much shxt and junk people produce... And then when the bins are full, these gross fxxks just leave their shxt, recyclables, and composts all over the place... I've already complained to the property management corp before, and we got an extra compost bin. But now, even that generally gets full before compost collection day...

Fxxking pisses me off...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #37
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
well...goddamn

TIL that biweekly really IS ambiguous

i should look into getting that paycheque twice a week

i bitched about it when i lived in Van...eventually cleaning the compost bin just became the norm and i stopped giving a shit
i've never used biodegradeable liners on my bins...just take a bunch of flyers or newspapers and use that shit to line the compost bin
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
My family of 4, with one in diapers, shares a bin with our landlord and her family. We switched to bi-weekly recently. I am having to take bags to work, stuff them in the neighbour's bin (we have permission), or do a dump run if it gets bad. I've had cardboard rejected because I didn't flatten it all: I couldn't fit it all in the yellow bag so I put the rest of the flattened boxes in a cardboard box. I've had bottle collectors rummage through my blue bin and I get in shit for my recycling being all over the street. When I lived in Nova Scotia, they had garbage inspectors, who would go through your bags to make sure there were no recyclables in the garbage or vise versa and you would receive penalties and fines if caught.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #39
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

Oh fuck off you cheap shit, a box of 125 compostable liners is like $5 at Costco and lasts me a year
Confirmed that this 125 liners are not in stock at Costco Willington
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #40
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

the compostable bags from costco are $5 for 40-50 wax lined, paper bags.
Thanks I was just looking for an answer about biodegradable bags, since they're technically not allowed.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
Burnaby here as well, 4 in my house, 2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby and we haven't run into any issues as it's pretty simple. I'm just more curious how the summer months are going to go when I have more grass/branches to throw in my green bin.
I find that with grass clippings put them in the organic bin and bundling branches (tie with rope) they have always been taken away.

renters are a nightmare unless you get on them right away about sorting out there garbage. I have pulled shit out and put it back on there door step and asked them them to sort there stuff out. This was after getting couple warnings from the city regarding stuff in the wrong bin.
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Weird question. But is it bad to just dump a lot of toilet paper into the toilet and flush?

When I get sick and have a runny nose, I go through a lot of TP. (Not tissue, cause TP is cheaper). The whole can is literally full of TP wads... Sometimes I would just dump some of it in the toilet and flush.

I never really thought of it until now. Would it have been better to put it in the biodegradable bin?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I live in Richmond and we have recycle pick up once a week and garbage once every two weeks.

Our recycle bins are overflowing, we compost/organic waste everything we can and then throw out what's left. In our home it's my fiancé and I, and upstairs is the landlord, his wife and his daughter.

We don't even get close to filling that garbage bin. Not. Even. Close.

I think if you were more diligent with recycle and organic waste, you wouldn't have an issue
this, i downgraded to the small bin in coquitlam for garbage, saves spaces outside my house and money on my utilities

we normally have 2 safeway bags of garbage every two weeks

the rest is all green waste or recycling.

you can recycle styrofoam containers and the trays your meat comes on, just wash them and put them in the bin with your aluminum cans that you take in for money

you'd be surprised at what can be recycle now a days

the return it place is best, no excuses unless you're just a lazy piece of shit
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #44
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Fuck some of you are useless and cheap.

get your kids to do this instead of buying them toys. free newspapers come to the door even in condos

https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+t...w=1366&bih=638

Been composting for over 40 years as it makes amazing soil for growing your own veggies.
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #45
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post
Fuck some of you are useless and cheap.

get your kids to do this instead of buying them toys. free newspapers come to the door even in condos

https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+t...w=1366&bih=638

Been composting for over 40 years as it makes amazing soil for growing your own veggies.
The only thing I'm wondering is how old are you? 60's at least?

Totally agree though, news paper, napkins/paper towels, pizza boxes, paper take out boxes that are not wax lined, paper bags from grocery stores. I've got an endless supply of this crap to fill my bins and or throw the food into before throwing it into the bin.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #46
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

ouch! no had chores at a young age. No fancy compost bucket either

My mom, who is 76, lives in an assisted living facility and each unit has a compost bucket that they leave outside their door every night. So dont complain about having to do a bit of extra work sorting your recycling.

only difference from composting is back then it was just fruit and veggie scraps.
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS

Upgrading your garbage bin from a smaller size to extra large is super cheap.. I did it myself

Also, I always have a crap ton of plastic bags in my house.. I use it to carry/hold my compost in my house. When I dump my garbage out. I empty the bag into the compost bin and throw the plastic into the garbage.. Its really not that hard lol
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:29 PM   #48
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I bought bags from home depot clearly marked, for the explicit purpose of using for a green bin. Then City of Richmond refuses to collect my green bin because i'm using the biodegradable bags.. :@
Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #49
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I bought bags from home depot clearly marked, for the explicit purpose of using for a green bin. Then City of Richmond refuses to collect my green bin because i'm using the biodegradable bags.. :@
Different service providers have different rules with regard to things such as being able to use bio bags or not so make sure to check before using them. I think COV residents are also unable to use the bags.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #50
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Weird question. But is it bad to just dump a lot of toilet paper into the toilet and flush?

When I get sick and have a runny nose, I go through a lot of TP. (Not tissue, cause TP is cheaper). The whole can is literally full of TP wads... Sometimes I would just dump some of it in the toilet and flush.

I never really thought of it until now. Would it have been better to put it in the biodegradable bin?
My good friend who works for Richmond water works (sewage treatment) would punch you in the face if he could. So maybe that answers your question