REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I bought bags from home depot clearly marked, for the explicit purpose of using for a green bin. Then City of Richmond refuses to collect my green bin because i'm using the biodegradable bags.. :@
Are you talking huge garden waste bags or kitchen bags for food scraps. At my home in Richmond we use food scrap biodegradable bags (or none, just slop the waste into our large green bin). And garden clippings go straight into the large green bin (very large, we've never filled it). Our neighbors often use the large brown paper garden trimming bags (not in a green bin) and never had an issue. They have to be paper compost bags, NOT the green plastic "biodegradable" bags

Edit: """Place yard trimmings into your Green Cart along with your food scraps. (Extra yard trimmings can go in large paper yard waste bags or additional labeled Green Cans.) Please note that plastic bags including compostable/biodegradable plastic bags are NOT accepted."""

Advertisement
Old 05-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #52
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
Compost guys came by yesterday afternoon, were going around picking up the bins like usual, when I happened to be leaving for the afternoon. Came out to this... Quickly went up to the guys and told them they are leaking rotten food and waste all over our complex, got a "yea we'll send someone to clean it up I guess". Now day 2 and the whole place smells like a landfill and I'm sure rats/gulls have smelled it by now, it's an absolute joke. Have called the company but they refuse to give a straight answer about what they will do to fix this. Hate incompetent people/companies

'10 E92 M3 (sold)
'10 ZDX (sold)
'10 STI (sold)
'08 Mazdaspeed 3 (sold)
'04 RSX (sold)
'92 300ZX (sold)
‘94 Ford Probe GT (sold)
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
^ goddamn that's disgusting
I would be pretty pissed if they didn't clean that shit up pronto

i'd take it to the media and threaten to go public with it if they still give you the run around
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

ya that's about the only recourse now a days....or pick it up and drive to their office and dump it on their front door...just a thought
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #55
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
ya that's about the only recourse now a days....or pick it up and drive to their office and dump it on their front door...just a thought
unrelated, but theres some dog who keeps taking a massive dump on my front lawn. My wife has put up signs reminding owners to clean up, but they don't. If I ever find out which owner doesn't clean up, imma gonna take a shovel and take it all to their front door!

Stupid irresponsible pet owners!

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Different service providers have different rules with regard to things such as being able to use bio bags or not so make sure to check before using them. I think COV residents are also unable to use the bags.
Yah CoV only wants paper lines used, not the green bio bags. I believe their explanation is that they don't know the long term effects of the bags... but I believe that is bullshit.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote