REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:28 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
I've always used Frame Right in Burnaby for all my framing needs.

For my last 3 projects, they were 1/4 the price of Michaels
Advertisement
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilk View Post
Insecure, how so? I don't think there's anything wrong with displaying your achievements - especially one that took 4+ years to complete. Whether it's meant to be shown publicly or privately is up to the individual. If someone feels that way then I think that person might be insecure themselves.
This is a pet peeve of mine, too. Not so much in the stuff framed on the wall, but people putting every certification they have in their e-mail signature and there are a lot of them at my work.

Let's say I get an e-mail from a registered nurse. Okay, nursing degree, I'm fine with that. What relevance does the food safe certification or Microsoft Office certification have?

It just seems like people get into a pissing contest of who can compile the most certifications even if they have absolutely zero relevance to their job or the conversations they're involved in.

Also, the Microsoft Office certification looks so easy that basically anyone who has graduated from high school in the past 20 years should be able to do it without any problems.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
My cousin is wanting to get his degree framed, but didn't want to pay for the school frame which is $140. It looks nice, it has a nice border and even an emblem, but he doesn't think it's worth it.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get it framed? He just wants a black frame, nothing fancy, he's even debating if he wants a border, depending on the price.

Thanks
Hi,

I hope I can best answer your question directly without berating you and/or your cousins.

I have a bit of experience when it comes to framing, and I've done my fair share of it. Framing is a bit of an art and science depending on what you are looking to achieve. I've done framing for art work which is not as simple as going to Michael's or Ikea to pick up a frame for $10 or whatever.

Different frame materials and glass coatings come in to play. Different sizes of frames and other features can, and will make all the visual difference to highlight whatever it is that you are looking to show off proudly.

The $140 in cost from the school is not a bad price depending on what is being offered. Some frames can easily double in price depending on what you pick and choose. If this is a university degree, it is certainly something to be proud of and worth showcasing. If this is a university degree, you will want something where the glass has a UV protective coating to slow down, or rather, to defer the process of photosynthesis of the degree or diploma in question. Simply put, if this is something your cousin is truly proud of, the $140 is a drop in the bucket for a lifetime achievement. I should also add, having a properly made frame and glass coating helps preserve and protect the integrity of the degree/diploma. Something to think about.

Sadly, the framer I went to has retired and she did amazing work (albeit not cheap) but she was wonderful in making everything look that much extra special. I don't regret it. I suggest shopping around at various framers and see which framer gives you the best options. Price is certainly something to consider, but the process is the most important part of shopping experience. Hope that helps.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2017, 10:55 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Thanks everyone. My cousin just ended up getting this frame.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

He said it actually looks quite nice and he's happy with it.

Can't complain for the price.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
This is a pet peeve of mine, too. Not so much in the stuff framed on the wall, but people putting every certification they have in their e-mail signature and there are a lot of them at my work.

Let's say I get an e-mail from a registered nurse. Okay, nursing degree, I'm fine with that. What relevance does the food safe certification or Microsoft Office certification have?

It just seems like people get into a pissing contest of who can compile the most certifications even if they have absolutely zero relevance to their job or the conversations they're involved in.

Also, the Microsoft Office certification looks so easy that basically anyone who has graduated from high school in the past 20 years should be able to do it without any problems.

bro have you played any recent game where you get badges and all these other awards and basically "certifications".

medal of honor
world of warcraft

lol whats the fucking diff. the system we live in, is just a game.

now go out and collect that mount.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote