REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
I've got 2010 ram sport which I bought 3 years ago. I've put about 80k km on it since I bought it and it's currently sitting at 160k.

Honeslty, I've never even considered Ram when I was shopping for the truck, it was just F-150 until I test drove both at a dealer
Both trucks were similarly equipped and V8 but Ram just felt nicer.

MDS is okay, truck sounds shitty when it kicks in and also I've noticed that it doesn't kick in all that often and I honestly don't think it helps the mileage all that much.

I get on average 19l/100km for city driving on 5.7 Hemi
and about 16 on long highway trips.
17/18 for city/hwy mix
This is with 10ply LT and 1 inch taller(from stock) tires and 2 inch level

Guessing new ram should be better, especially with 8spd tranny

I've replaced all fluids and spark plugs(16 of them) when I bought the truck and just usual oil changes

She's been an awesome adventure/camping vehicle

Some issues I have are..

Steering column bearing is gone/rough and it's grindy when i turn the wheel but it doensn't bug me enough to replace it yet. Been like that for about 2 years now.

Also have small steering wheel dead spot which I think is the steering shaft.

Blower motor is noisy now, might need cleaning or just replace it

Whatever truck you get, do get a crewcab.. it's just nice to have all that extra cab space.. so much room for activities
Advertisement

Last edited by mekaw; 05-24-2017 at 01:27 AM.
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote