REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-30-2017, 06:01 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

So it looks like you can order the keyone from amazon.com but you will be paying a shitload for it. Amazon.ca has one but they are selling it for $1000 such a money grab!
Advertisement
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #27

don't worry guys blackberry/TCL have royally fucked up again...if you want this phone in Canada you are going to be locked to Bell, Rogers and SaskTel. It isn't available with Telus for consumers only for business use. Very very disappointing launch but what can you expect I guess.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #28
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
don't worry guys blackberry/TCL have royally fucked up again...if you want this phone in Canada you are going to be locked to Bell, Rogers and SaskTel. It isn't available with Telus for consumers only for business use. Very very disappointing launch but what can you expect I guess.
Open a new line with an existing provider that carries it, cancel the line through customer service, and unlock it for $30 online?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #29

^wouldn't you still be kind of locked to the carriers updates even if you did unlock the phone. Or would you just get the updates directly from blackberry?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #30
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
^wouldn't you still be kind of locked to the carriers updates even if you did unlock the phone. Or would you just get the updates directly from blackberry?
That I am not sure. I think it really depends how Blackberry pushes their updates, e.g. Apple and Google Nexus/Pixels where it's independently pushed vs. Samsung and LG where it's carrier-based.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Telus plans to open BlackBerry KEYone sales to all customers
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
From a business standpoint, I don't think TCL/BlackBerry did anything wrong.

Coming back to the market with something of this calibre, mainly appealing to loyal fans, can be a significant risk, so they decided to limit their supply and to gauge demand.

The carriers act as their sales channel so some compromises need to be made. I am sure that if we give it a month or so, consumers will be able to purchase unlocked devices direct from BlackBerry or Amazon etc.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #33

^I disagree they have been delaying the phone and launch because of stock constraints and when they finally "launched" the device they were still short on stock...to me its just excuses and no one is owning up to it.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #34
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Quote:
They made a seperate application for the updating your phone, its no longer in the about phone section , i think this way they can get around the carriers.

June security update has already pushed out for Canadian Keyone's
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #35

would be nice to have a keyone and get that update lol
Old 06-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
...still waiting. Good thing I pre-ordered :P
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #37
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I just got my pre-order from Rogers today. Kind of annoying it took this long as I know a few people who went in right off the street and bought one from Bell this week.

Really enjoying the phone after turfing my older Samsung... it feels really well built. The keyboard is like an old friend. It has been years since I used a BB keyboard, but it is like riding a bike, I was able to just start typing away like I've had it for years. Such a nice change from using swipe.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #38
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,721 Times in 891 Posts
Do you guys find it slower than typing with swype?
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #39

i went to bell today to test it out and man just can't wait to get this phone! the build quality is legit top notch i am just super impressed with everything. I guess the waiting part sucks but I do have shit luck with phones and them falling apart. Hopefully me waiting will be a good thing so the first batch of units will be out and I can try to get the second batch. I am really hoping the sell them on bbmobile unlocked....
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #40
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^^ Yeah the build quality of the phone is just awesome. The BB software really feels like it is a notch above... no errors, nice crisp and easy to use controls, the BB hub ties all of my communications nicely into one place, plus you can set shortcuts to the keys . My stupid Samsung was so buggy compared to this phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Do you guys find it slower than typing with swype?
I find swype fast, and it beats the hell out of anything else I've ever used for on screen typing by a mile... but it is inaccurate and a bit tedious when I am trying to get the right word sometimes.

Typing with BB is more accurate, and it has really solid predictive word bar that shows up above the keyboard that you can pick from with only one or two letters down on the keyboard. They have also introduced a new Flick typing program where you can lightly flick right, up, or left over the keyboard to select the predictive word you want and it tosses it up into the screen. I've just started playing with that today and it is pretty interesting.

Once you get good at either one, they are fairly similar for typing speed. The big difference for me is that with BB I don't have to spend time deleting the wrong word, or fight with swype to get it to type a very specific word I want sometimes. There is something about a physical keyboard that is more satisfying as well, but that could just be me, haha.

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 03:10 PM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #41

i wish they made the phone abit bigger to fit a bigger keyboard and screen. Hopefully in the next keyone the make the keyboard like the old Q10 and 9900 and maybe a 5inch screen too. But this is a good start just needs to have a better launch and more stock.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #42

Phone arrived on Friday, and I got back last night. First morning on the KeyOne, and I'm pretty impressed. The Hub is laggy though, in respects that it doesn't instantly update on a new message like it will on BB10. (for example, I get a new text and it will instantly show in "messaging" but will still have the old conversation in the hub for a few minutes).

I am on Blackberry exclusively for the Hub, so that's a bit annoying. But still better than iPhone or Android alone. Will see if I can get used to it.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #43

^yeah hopefully with updates it will fix everything!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:28 PM   #44
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I got mine a couple days ago andand its frustrating how differrent Android is then bb10. keys and screen is a downgrade from a Passport. Other then that its a great phone.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #45

anyone get their phones yet?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalin View Post
I got mine a couple days ago andand its frustrating how differrent Android is then bb10. keys and screen is a downgrade from a Passport. Other then that its a great phone.
Android continues to annoy me, but BB10 is a dead OS. It's a bit like hanging onto to a VHS collection and hoping the world won't change. I generally don't use apps for fun, but I do use them for business and productivity, and BB10 is useless for so many basic apps.

I think the keys on the KeyOne are an upgrade. I'm SO happy to have the Alt key back, and the ability to type everything without having to switch up to a touch screen for special characters and numbers. I was always confused why the passport didn't have the BB keyboard which had been the same since 2002.

The screen is a downgrade, but as long as mine doesn't pop out of the device I'll accept it with appreciation for a MUCH better camera.

Passport was a great device, but dead out of the water with the announcement that BB10 wasn't going to be supported.

What I'd really like though, is the BB10 calculator on my KeyOne.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,721 Times in 891 Posts
Are you guys just buying it straight up? I asked bell but I have to get a more expensive plan with less than what I'm getting now to get a new device.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #48

I've had a Rogers account for over twenty three years. Yes, all the way back to the "$1 for the first minute and then..." days. Having been with Rogers so long, I do get a tiny bit of preferential treatment from time to time.

I upgraded to the KeyOne two months early, and I stated the dollar amount I was willing to pay for the phone. I couldn't get around the changes to my plan, but we managed to keep my month-to-month pricing and the features the same, with a "customer appreciation" credit applied monthly to make up the difference.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #49

my brother picked one up today said the LED was working now it isn't...
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #50
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Android continues to annoy me, but BB10 is a dead OS. It's a bit like hanging onto to a VHS collection and hoping the world won't change. I generally don't use apps for fun, but I do use them for business and productivity, and BB10 is useless for so many basic apps.

I think the keys on the KeyOne are an upgrade. I'm SO happy to have the Alt key back, and the ability to type everything without having to switch up to a touch screen for special characters and numbers. I was always confused why the passport didn't have the BB keyboard which had been the same since 2002.

The screen is a downgrade, but as long as mine doesn't pop out of the device I'll accept it with appreciation for a MUCH better camera.

Passport was a great device, but dead out of the water with the announcement that BB10 wasn't going to be supported.

What I'd really like though, is the BB10 calculator on my KeyOne.
Dead OS? So harsh, OS10 works perfectly for me... I switched back to my Passport today again. I realize we all use our phones for different things but for me OS10 makes so much sense. Really hard finding patience for Android on the key one..

Please do tell if there's an easy way to make a call on the Keyone. On the Passport I press the phone icon, type the number or the name and it's ringing. On the fricken Keyone I press the phone icon, then has to pass the Microsoftesc favorite icons, then select the contacts, then press on the search field then type the name... bloody hell I must be missing something.

Calendar on the Android is frustrating in itself..... ugghgh wish BlackBerry least offered us a monthly paid subscription to continue with OS10.