REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #51
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalin View Post
Dead OS? So harsh, OS10 works perfectly for me... I switched back to my Passport today again. I realize we all use our phones for different things but for me OS10 makes so much sense. Really hard finding patience for Android on the key one..

Please do tell if there's an easy way to make a call on the Keyone. On the Passport I press the phone icon, type the number or the name and it's ringing. On the fricken Keyone I press the phone icon, then has to pass the Microsoftesc favorite icons, then select the contacts, then press on the search field then type the name... bloody hell I must be missing something.

Calendar on the Android is frustrating in itself..... ugghgh wish BlackBerry least offered us a monthly paid subscription to continue with OS10.
I'm one of the rare people who uses his phone primarily for telephone, texting and email. It's the reason I could continue using a passport until the KeyOne was released. BUT my business also requires regular access to Facebook, Instagram and also GoPro's "Capture" app. And it's on the App side that BB10 falls flat, and why I see it as a "dead" OS. It's still useable for many people, but there is no future for it so we're all going to have to switch eventually...might as well be now.

For the telephone on Keyone: I hit the phone icon, and at very top of the screen is a search bar. Type the name, and select which of their phone numbers I'm calling. Done.

I will say however, that the main phone screen with the six "most recent call" boxes and the floating tiny dial-pad-icon is the stupidest design I've ever seen on a modern device. I've called so many people accidentally off that screen. Getting trained on it now...but wow.

-Dave
Advertisement
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote