REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Richmond woman cleaning bumper with gas pump (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712587-richmond-woman-cleaning-bumper-gas-pump.html)

WuJiba 06-03-2017 06:43 AM

Richmond woman cleaning bumper with gas pump

https://i.redd.it/ush11u3qb51z.jpg

Photo of woman cleaning bumper with gas pump goes viral | CTV Vancouver News

Dumb bitch Go Home FailFish

WuJiba 06-03-2017 06:56 AM

Asian Drivers.

hud 91gt 06-03-2017 07:08 AM

This totally deserved a thread :heckno:

MG1 06-03-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuJiba (Post 8844824)

Taking photos of your mom and posting it on RS............... nuff said.

Almost as bad as RS member posting a pic of their car and gf (Integra Girl) on RS.

:troll::troll::troll:

MrPhreak 06-03-2017 09:58 AM

I've cleaned many things with gas, it cuts heavy grease and grime and is relatively cheap when compared to product cleaners from CT that do the same. Granted I usually drop things like tools or parts into a bucket and let it sit.

She might have got some road asphalt on her car or something from all of the construction work going on around Vancouver. It is actually a pretty clever way to clean it off. As long as it doesn't drop down onto the hot exhaust pipe, haha.

Seriously though, don't people have better things to do than shame somebody for cleaning their car with a touch of gas? I mean it looks like she just used a very tiny amount and then had a paper towel handy to wipe it off immediately. It wasn't like she was hosing the car down or anything.

320icar 06-03-2017 11:39 AM

^^ bruh. Seriously?

Manic! 06-03-2017 11:40 AM

I use gas to clean my hands when I get paint on them.

IMASA 06-03-2017 12:44 PM

No one is questioning that gas can be used as a cleaning agent. But if you don't see what's wrong with what this lady is doing then you're an idiot.

fliptuner 06-03-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

At one point the woman seemed to accidentally squeeze the handle too hard and shot gasoline into the back of her car.
Genius

MrPhreak 06-03-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8844846)
^^ bruh. Seriously?

I was expecting to see something like this when I clicked this thread:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Ls1fSakB0r7KU/giphy.gif

Instead I saw this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9cc581c647.gif

I bet if she wasn't Asian people would have just shrugged

adambomb 06-03-2017 04:03 PM

I thought Richmond gas stations were full serve only. Where are the attendants? :seriously:

originalhypa 06-03-2017 04:54 PM

^
Good point. The last time I tried to pump my own gas in Richmond I was pushed away by an elderly gas attendant. He took his job very seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPhreak (Post 8844886)

Only ten posts in and you pull the race card?

Can someone do me a solid and throw up the "too soon junior" f&tf pic plz.

SSM_DC5 06-03-2017 05:11 PM

:pokerface:Maybe she was actually trying to fill jerry cans in the trunk

fliptuner 06-03-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8844895)
:pokerface:Maybe she was actually trying to fill garbage bags in the trunk

Fixed :troll:

pastarocket 06-03-2017 07:39 PM

It's a good thing that the Chinese lady didn't wear a welder's mask visor and bring cigarettes while she was using gas to clean her bumper.

The gas station would have been LIT if she did that. :lawl:

Akinari 06-03-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8844888)
I thought Richmond gas stations were full serve only. Where are the attendants? :seriously:

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8844892)
^
Good point. The last time I tried to pump my own gas in Richmond I was pushed away by an elderly gas attendant. He took his job very seriously.

Only ten posts in and you pull the race card?

Can someone do me a solid and throw up the "too soon junior" f&tf pic plz.

After a Chevron station forgot to put my gas cap back on, with me only finding out a few days afterwards, I never let any gas attendant in Richmond touch my car. It's not a big deal, just say you can do it yourself, or say you're paying with card and they never cause any trouble.

320icar 06-04-2017 06:11 AM

^^ this. I've never let someone pump my gas.

Great68 06-04-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8844888)

I believe Richmond has a city bylaw that all stations must be full serve, but it's not like Oregon where it's actually illegal at level for the customer to pump their own gas.

When I lived in Richmond I'd never let them pump the gas for my Mustang. The older filler neck doesn't trip the shutoff, and they would always puke gas all over the back bumper.

westopher 06-04-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPhreak (Post 8844886)

Yeah... No. It doesn't matter what ethnicity you are for people to notice you are full retard if you are using a gas pump to wash your car.

MrPhreak 06-04-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8845046)
Yeah... No. It doesn't matter what ethnicity you are for people to notice you are full retard if you are using a gas pump to wash your car.

It is pretty stupid for sure, I am not defending it at all. Maybe it is just because I've seen a lot of far dumber shit go down at gas stations on the Island where people just shrug, but I am just surprised this story is getting this kind of traction.

Consider that those stations also have signage all over them about not using your phone, and yet everybody is ignoring the fact that the SJW who took the photo was blatantly disregarding them.

Really, in the larger scope of things, either one of the above a fairly minor in nature. Spilling gas at stations in nothing new, and frankly cell phones are not an ignition source unless the battery is exploding.

On the other hand the people who are putting others at serious risk are the ones that are getting in and out of their car while filling. They are potentially creating static sparks which could be an ignition source for fumes. I see this happening almost every time I fill up.

320icar 06-04-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPhreak (Post 8845060)
It is pretty stupid for sure, I am not defending it at all. Maybe it is just because I've seen a lot of far dumber shit go down at gas stations on the Island where people just shrug, but I am just surprised this story is getting this kind of traction.

Consider that those stations also have signage all over them about not using your phone, and yet everybody is ignoring the fact that the SJW who took the photo was blatantly disregarding them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPhreak (Post 8844836)
I've cleaned many things with gas, it cuts heavy grease and grime and is relatively cheap when compared to product cleaners from CT that do the same. Granted I usually drop things like tools or parts into a bucket and let it sit.

She might have got some road asphalt on her car or something from all of the construction work going on around Vancouver. It is actually a pretty clever way to clean it off. As long as it doesn't drop down onto the hot exhaust pipe, haha.

Seriously though, don't people have better things to do than shame somebody for cleaning their car with a touch of gas? I mean it looks like she just used a very tiny amount and then had a paper towel handy to wipe it off immediately. It wasn't like she was hosing the car down or anything.

Dude are you for real

unit 06-05-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8844892)
^

i've never seen that happen before, normally when i pump gas in richmond and get out to do it myself, the attendants thank me. especially when it's busy and they're running around like crazy, they appreciate it.

i saw a weird thing happen a few weeks ago that this reminds me of. a white woman (if that matters) was filling her tank and as she finished a tiny bit dripped out onto her car, which is pretty normal. instead of just ignoring it and letting it evaporate, she gets the squeegee and cleans the area off. i guess gas could damage paint a little but i've never seen any reason to do that..

6o4__boi 06-05-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8845062)
Dude are you for real

yup, if you look at pretty much all his posts on rs, you can come to the conclusion that he is, indeed, for real.

MG1 06-05-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8845082)
a white woman (if that matters) was filling her tank and as she finished a tiny bit dripped out onto her car, which is pretty normal. instead of just ignoring it and letting it evaporate, she gets the squeegee and cleans the area off. i guess gas could damage paint a little but i've never seen any reason to do that..

Um, I'm asian, if that matters, and I used to do that (when I was like 16 and was driving my dad's beater).

Having said that, I don't think I've ever had gas drip onto the car in a long, long time, as I'm pretty careful not to let it happen. Besides, there's a thing nowadays called bottled water. Something that wasn't around when I was 16, lol. That's when we had lead and who knows what in our gasoline, Gulololol. And, fuel filters you could get at easily.

Also, alcohol may evaporate, but I'm pretty sure gasoline leaves a tiny bit of residue behind, because it has other components, like additives in it. Anyway.............

AzNightmare 06-05-2017 10:27 AM

Wait, I thought Richmond is mandatory Full Service. And for good reason.