REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #51
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Australian trans weightlifter destroys competition.

Laurel Hubbard, transgender athlete, crushes female competition in Australian weightlifting event - Washington Times
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You are missing the point. Some people don't want to see a mans dick.
Pssst...the people who go to a clothing optional public place wanting to see other people's genitals are the perverts.

If you are there to use the facility for its intended purpose, it shouldn't matter who or what is sitting next to you. Not being able to handle that, suggests someone with a very unhealthy view of their body and the body of others. Next we will have No Fatties Allowed spas.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #53
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
God damn, don't wanna risk politically-correctly offending someone by saying it? Just have your patrons sign a waiver that they don't sport a dick between the legs and have the rules set out in writing. They sign and agree and if they break that agreement for any reason (like not disclosing that you have a dick when you actually have one) kick them out. The spa is private property, if you don't wanna sign the waiver to use the private property, GTFO. Cool, now everything is unambiguous and agreed upon.

Beating around the bush and being unclear about intended purpose is something I have no patience for.

inb4 "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!"

Last edited by ZN6; 06-14-2017 at 01:46 PM.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
The only people I know that choose to go to a clothing optional establishment are the kind of people who don't care if it's a man or woman naked. The rest just go to a bathing suit mandatory place.

But yeah, I'm sure allowing someone with a dick in would mean helicopters and teabagging just left right and center.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #55
Rs has made me the man i am today!

It's sucks for the transgendered female because she can't go to a spa for women and transgendered women.

Then again, this is a business opportunity - to have transgendered women-friendly female-only spa.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
If they want a womens only spa, go for it. Just don't let the feminists whine and complain when something opens up that's mens only.
Hmm, RS seems to work okay with this current setup.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Pssst...the people who go to a clothing optional public place wanting to see other people's genitals are the perverts.

If you are there to use the facility for its intended purpose, it shouldn't matter who or what is sitting next to you. Not being able to handle that, suggests someone with a very unhealthy view of their body and the body of others. Next we will have No Fatties Allowed spas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The only people I know that choose to go to a clothing optional establishment are the kind of people who don't care if it's a man or woman naked. The rest just go to a bathing suit mandatory place.

But yeah, I'm sure allowing someone with a dick in would mean helicopters and teabagging just left right and center.

Again this is a place for ladies and girls of any age. It's the same as going to a public pool. A place that has separate rooms for males and females.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Again this is a place for ladies and girls of any age. It's the same as going to a public pool. A place that has separate rooms for males and females.
Yeah well what do you think is going to happen at public pools? Transgendered people will be going into the change rooms they identify as.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #59

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Most public pools provide family change rooms to avoid having the mother/father or daughter/son change in the wrong room in order to change together or to leave their child unattended to change on their own with strangers.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #60
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Women can join boy scouts but no way is a guy ever allowed to join the girl guides. Women can have womens only gyms for those self conscious women who don't want to be eye fucked by every guy at the gym yet they work out in skin tight pants and a sports bra uploading a photo on instagram showing off their massive gains and abs.
I think that policy changed last year...girl guides are now open to anyone who identifies themself as a girl.

so if someone is wearing tights while working out they should be comfortable getting eye fucked?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:40 PM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I think that policy changed last year...girl guides are now open to anyone who identifies themself as a girl.

so if someone is wearing tights while working out they should be comfortable getting eye fucked?
No. Not at all. There's women who are there to actually work out who can be overweight and are comfortable wearing tights knowing that there's going to be the odd person who looks at her and thinks to himself 'fat pig's and then there's the women who are there solely for their snapchat/Instagram/facebook albums. They dress to impress while on a treadmill walking for 15 minutes or use 2.5lb weights while making it look like they're struggling. Asking for a spotter while they lay on a bench pressing pink 12lb dumbbells. Isn't it amazing how they'll only ask for a spotter from a jacked guy? I'm pretty sure a 7 year old could spot the girl just as well as the 140lb 21 year old with acne could. But if the 21 year old were to do it they're just hitting on her wanting to check out her chest close up. It's sad but unfortunately I personally know women who do it and they do it for the attention but when its attention from guys they don't want they scream and pout saying they're not objects to just look at. They want the 6'4 muscle jockey to talk to them and once they got his attention they start doing the yoga poses in the middle of the room to show themselves off.

If those women feel uncomfortable getting eye fucked maybe they should reevaluate where is and where isn't the best place to try and pick up guys.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #63
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
This is place where there are little girls. Do you really want to explain to a 5 year old why that women has a weenier?
Yes, that way we'd potentially have one less ignorant judgemental person living on this planet.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yes, that way we'd potentially have one less ignorant judgemental person living on this planet.
Are you serious?
Old 06-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #65

Quote:
Are you serious?
About what? Wanting everyone to acknowledge and accept people who are different from you? Yes. The world will be a better place once everyone thinks like that.

Are YOU serious when you say "If you have a dick your (sic) a man plain and simple"? Because it probably isn't that "plain" or "simple"
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 AM   #66

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
fact. it is simple 99.99% of the time.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:00 AM   #67

Yup, not 100%

And things are always "simple" if you're part of the 99%
Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #68
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yup, not 100%

And things are always "simple" if you're part of the 99%
It's really not that simple.

I recently watched a program by the BBC called "The 9 months that made you". It talks about the complexities of human development in the womb, and shares the stories of people born with unexpected differences (I won't say abnormalities, because the show really makes you question what you define as "Normal").

One of the stories is about a village in the Dominican Republic where just over 1% of the children there are born without genitals, which don't grow in until around adolescence (around 12 years old).
These children are raised as girls until such time as their penis grows and testicles decend. At that point, they are considered male. This seems like a normal no big deal to their society, they're just accepting of the child being raised and treated as a girl as they are treating that person as a male when the change occurs, probably because it's somewhat common.

This show is what really made me re-evaluate my own views on the whole gender issues. It's fascinating stuff. Maybe there's hope for our society to get to that point.

Here's some links for those interested:

In this remote village, some boys don?t grow a penis until they?re 12 - ScienceAlert

Watch Full Episodes Online of 9 Months That Made You on PBS
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #69
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhreak View Post
I see, so in this story below... the appropriate response would be for the girls to say "well that was weird" and move on? It is just dick right? Why is it such a big deal?

Police seek man who exposed himself to 2 young girls - British Columbia - CBC News
You're stretching beyond the context of this discussion by bringing in elements of unwanted sexual assault.

How about if the girls decided to go down to wreck beach?
How would you teach them to react when they see dicks down there?
How would YOU react if they had come home and said "We saw penises at the beach Dad!"
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #70
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
You're stretching beyond the context of this discussion by bringing in elements of unwanted sexual assault.

How about if the girls decided to go down to wreck beach?
How would you teach them to react when they see dicks down there?
How would YOU react if they had come home and said "We saw penises at the beach Dad!"
Ahhh, I see. So you are saying that if we enter an environment where we expect to see certain forms of nudity, then of it is ok? Glad we are getting away from the black and white "It's just a dick, what is the bid deal" mentality. I certainly can agree with that.

For instance, folks going to a nude beach and seeing other nude beach goers, or women go to a nude women's only spa and seeing other naked women... totally appropriate. On the other hand, flashing your junk unexpectedly in parks, at other beaches, or professional environments is still in the realm of indecent.

Now if we take this a step further... if women go to a women's only spa and then are exposed to male genitalia (which would be totally unexpected), wouldn't that fall under the category of indecent?

What this really comes down to is deeming where, and what kind of nudity is appropriate. In a women's spa, it isn't appropriate to have members exposing male genitalia. It is literally a business concept for creating an environment built around limiting exposure to women only.

Last edited by MrPhreak; 06-15-2017 at 11:27 AM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #71
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I think indecent would also have to come with a bit of malice, but if a trans woman just wanted to enjoy a nude spa, I'd say it's innapropriate but not indecent.

How much more convoluted can we make this discussion?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #72
HELP ME PLS!!!

At first I was taken a back from having a coed facility, but now that I think about it, it's not all that bad. The introduction would desensitize the sexual connotation that comes with being naked. It'd be a step in the right direction IMO.

Did a bit of research and found this article.
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Until then, if you got a dick, I'd say find another spa that's not women only.

Last edited by DragonChi; 06-15-2017 at 04:37 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
At first I was taken a back from having a coed facility, but now that I think about it, it's not all that bad. The introduction would desensitize the sexual connotation that comes with being naked. It'd be a step in the right direction IMO.

Did a bit of research and found this article.
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Until then, if you got a dick, I'd say find another spa that's not women only.
I wonder what would be more uncomfortable, being a woman at a women's only spa and seeing a trans woman naked sitting there with a penis tucked between their legs.

Or being a trans woman at a male only spa, trying to relax while everyone around you is a dude

I couldn't answer that myself, but it may be something to consider before telling someone they should "find another place" to go

I agree that there should be more co-ed places, and try to get rid of the remaining puritanical ideals that are part of western culture.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #74
HELP ME PLS!!!

If there was only a trans women on this site, we'd have our answers.

Could the question then be framed as, the sacrifice of comfort for an individual vs. the sacrifice of comfort for many.

Does this issue come up in countries where there are bath houses?

Actually, Texas just put up a new bill, it's not getting much traction but it's started a debate:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/29/...nsgender-bill/

Last edited by DragonChi; 06-15-2017 at 06:01 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #75
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Growing up in the 80s/90s, I personally never seen this same sex/gay/lesbian etc stuff happening. Either you were born as boy with a dick or a girl with a pussy and everyone got along. As kids I remembered, we used the word "gay" a lot, but that was out of context when used, such as, why are you eating that food, that's gay. Kids being kids, that time.

Now so much happening with boy with dick wanting identify to themselves as female or other way around. I don't know what has changed since then...Maybe I have been hiding under a rock....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: