REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

'Male genitalia' policy spurs backlash at Toronto women's spa

Advertisement

Last edited by zyzzjr; 03-29-2018 at 11:26 AM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #2
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
My thoughts...............

Quote:
“Body Blitz Spa is a single-sex facility with full-nudity”
nuff said
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
This stuff is getting out of hand.

Listened to some of Dr Jordan Petersons talks and his sit down for Bill C-16 really showed me how bad the Ontario government is with handling these issues.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Yeah, I don't know if I want my mom or sister to see a dick waddling in front of them.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
How can this generation "stand so strong" when no one has a spine.

Regardless of what characteristics we as humans place on men and women in our society, there are only two sexes, male or female (ignoring genetic abnormalities).

Fucking people today are so dumb. Act how yo want but that doesn't mean we all have to accommodate your choices.

Insert kyle's dad as a dolfin
Old 06-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Fucking people today are so dumb. Act how yo want but that doesn't mean we all have to accommodate your choices.
The LGBTQ argument is that sex and gender are not "choices".

Don't get me wrong, these are difficult issues that are only going to come up more often and I agree that businesses shouldn't have to accomodate everyone.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Hmm. I see your point. Nit sure how to politely respond without sounding like a trump supporter lol. People just need to use logic and basic adult-skills. If you are vegetation, it's understandable that a restaurant should have a dish or two that can accommodate you. If you're in a wheel chair, it's reasonable that a taxi service should have a few vehicles that can still take you. If you can't handle alchohol, it's reasonable to assume a bar should have some soda's or virgin cocktails.

But in this very specific case, this is a women's only NUDE spa, which could have young children at it too. Sure there's all age nude beaches in Europe or something, but hey this is Canada in the middle of a big city, NOT Europe. They have the option to just go to another spa I'm sure. Fine, life dealt you a shitty card by giving you a penis, and we want to make your life just as comfortable as everyone else's. But let's all be reasonable here. You can still go to movies, drive cars, drink beer, go to parties, ride a bicycle, have a job, own a house etc etc

I'm just rambling now. I just think everyone needs to calm down, stop being so offended and put things into prospective

Full disclosure: I am a late 20's white male of European descent living in North America, I DID NOT check my privelidge at the door lol
Old 06-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Side note: I live a block away from this place. I will be on the look out for said "nudity"
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #9
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Don't like it, go elsewhere.

Brb going to protest female only gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Side note: I live a block away from this place. I will be on the look out for said "nudity"
Go in for a spa day. Just say you're pre-op.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Go in for a spa day. Just say you're pre-op.
You could even make it official. It's all pretty simple.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
I think this whole LGBT thing is getting out of control.

In this very specific case, I fail to see where was the problem. If one is a trans that she considers herself a woman comfortably, that is fine and all. But to force the business, and every other patron in the premise to accept the same idea is a serious lack of respect IMHO.

This has nothing to do with transphobia, it's just a STANDARD a premise decide to impose in its business and a mutual ToC that their customers agree upon. Same thing goes with the "no shirt, no service" as well as the fucking menu that we see in restaurants. You don't agree, leave and go somewhere else. You don't start shitting about a place because they share a different definition on what a female is (or any other things for the matter) because this is a slippery road down going this way. What is the limit? Can I consider myself a female only on my gym days and male any other day?
Old 06-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #12
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

fuck this political correctness bullshit
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
You could even make it official. It's all pretty simple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZSefYvwM
OMG!!!! it's the golden shower girl.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #14
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Not sure if the human race is progressing or regressing....

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Can't they just put up a sign like "NO PENISES ALLOWED IN SPA AREA" and be done with it?

Kinda like the no shoes, no shirt, no service thing. There isn't anyone bitching about how they identify not to wear a shirt and still demand service because they're being discriminated against.

Support against discrimination should definitely be a thing, but making every fucking thing discriminatory is pretty fucking stupid, and does more to fuel hate towards equality than work for it. Stupid minded people.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
The beautiful thing about capitalism is if you don't like a place, you go somewhere that will satisfy you. You don't bend and contort every business to fit your very narrow set of beliefs.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #18

So where is the men's rights groups on this... single sex facility? That is male discrimination!

I actually think it is pretty reasonable to have a no male genitalia policy in this case

It is starting to be a question of how many rights do men and women have to give up to ensure that the LBGTQ community feels welcome.

For example, there was a person working for a company that my friend was at who used to be a male... and decided to embrace his female side. Nobody took issue with that, people need to do what they need to do to be happy. However, that year... she entered the ladies golf driving competition, and won by a bloody mile. Gee... what a surprise. Every year since... she wins the ladies golf driving competition. At what point is it appropriate to acknowledge that maybe that isn't fair to all of the other women? I mean, they created a ladies competition, specifically because the genetics of men allow them to dominate it otherwise.

I don't know, it is hard to be politically correct here... but, my underlying belief is that your own rights stop when they start to infringe on the rights of others.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #19

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
The beautiful thing about capitalism is if you don't like a place, you go somewhere that will satisfy you. You don't bend and contort every business to fit your very narrow set of beliefs.
That worked out great for Dr.Charles R. Drew.

Google him up.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #20

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhreak View Post

It is starting to be a question of how many rights do men and women have to give up to ensure that the LBGTQ community feels welcome.
Overall I get what you're trying to say, except with that statement you're saying that LGBTQ people have less rights because heterosexual men & women have to "give up" rights for the LGBTQ community.
Why should they inherently get less rights simply because they were born with a dick but their brain thinks like they have a pussy?

I'm a fan of LGTBQ people having as full "rights" as anyone. Who knows maybe in the future people will think it's perfectly normal to have dicks at the spa, but we're not there yet and so it also takes some common sense on their part.
Such as the golf example. If that person can't understand, using plain science about human physiology how it looks for a former man to compete in a women's event, than that's pretty selfish too.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 02:38 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Sports is an area where this comes into play a lot.

If I, as someone born with a dick, declare myself a woman/trans, and compete in weightlifting with other women born without dicks, I'm pretty sure I have an advantage. But the women born without dicks can't bring up this unfairness because it's politically incorrect, and my feelings may be hurt.

Equality for all is great, but if you born with a dick, physically, you're a guy. Stay the fuck out of the pussy-only spa, and go somewhere else instead of screaming discrimination and prejudice.

Also, there really should be a transgender olympics. That would be entertaining as fuck because you'd never know what's gonna happen. A bearded 250lb woman named Kevin competing with a 90lb man who sashays when s/he walk and talk with a huge lisp? Fuck yes.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #22

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
This is getting ridiculous.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Overall I get what you're trying to say, except with that statement you're saying that LGBTQ people have less rights because heterosexual men & women have to "give up" rights for the LGBTQ community.
Why should they inherently get less rights simply because they were born with a dick but their brain thinks like they have a pussy?

I'm a fan of LGTBQ people having as full "rights" as anyone. Who knows maybe in the future people will think it's perfectly normal to have dicks at the spa, but we're not there yet and so it also takes some common sense on their part.
Such as the golf example. If that person can't understand, using plain science about human physiology how it looks for a former man to compete in a women's event, than that's pretty selfish too.
Yeah I agree with your post quite a bit

With my statement, I was more talking about rights in things like sports or gender specific areas. In the case of this story, you have one side that is adamant that they have the right to go into a women's spa with their cock and balls swinging around because they are a women on the inside and have the right to be recognized as such. Now I don't disagree with the sentiment, however I also think we have to recognize that women too should have the right to feel comfortable in a setting such as a nude spa where people with male genitalia may infringe on that right.

So it really does come down to who's rights trump the other

In the case of this story, I feel pretty strongly that the spa is gender specific by design and intentionally caters to creating an atmosphere where women can feel safe, and that introducing members with male genitalia is infringing on that.

I mean a good way to look at this is, it isn't just the LGBTQ community that is being barred from this facility, it is men as well... so discrimination against gender is actually part of the spa philosophy.

The golf story is one where I find it hard to pick a side, which is why I like to bring it up occasionally. On one hand, you have somebody that identifies as a woman and they should have the right to be recognized as one. On the other hand, you have a ladies division, which was no doubt a hard fought accomplishment for women's rights. These divisions allow women to compete fairly against one another, and greatly encourage participation in otherwise male dominated sports. When you introduce a women, that has the genetic body of a man and unfairly dominates as a result, it undermines the entire purpose of the ladies division in the first place.

Last edited by MrPhreak; 06-13-2017 at 04:15 PM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #24

Thanked 8,925 Times in 3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
If you are vegetation, it's understandable that a restaurant should have a dish or two that can accommodate you. If you're in a wheel chair, it's reasonable that a taxi service should have a few vehicles that can still take you. If you can't handle alchohol, it's reasonable to assume a bar should have some soda's or virgin cocktails.
Although it's nice if they do those things, no private business should be required to cater to everyone. I wouldn't go to a vegan restaurant and demand to be served meat. I wouldn't book a trip on a singles cruise and then complain about all the guys that were hitting on my wife. A specialty business should be able to exist without it being a direct attack on anyone that isn't their target market.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #25
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ The spa could always setup a closet and say it's for LGTBBQWTF's

I agree with the majority here, it's pretty clear that this outrage is stupid.