REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #26
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Second what HS just said... it's well within her right to ask for a white doctor... whatever makes her comfortable. But for her to be dumb enough to go on a racist rant is not.

Most people would have some sort of -ism in them... it's the effect of our education (not just academically but as a whole society) and/or stereotyping.

As far as a MD goes though, I don't have any preference as long as they are attentive and really care about you. The best doctor I've ever had in Canada was from an EI background and male, but his attention to detail was beyond any doctor I've ever seen. This was very helpful during my wife's first pregnancy. He made sure that even the slightest symptom/concern were looked after to rule out any potential problem. And always follow the proper procedures like bringing/waiting for a nurse to arrive before doing any physical examination and explained in detail every single action he was going to perform and its reason for such action.

The Asian doctor we had here in Van OTOH always seems busy... and just do some checks and send you away. He was famous (supposedly) among the Asian circle here... but we ended up changing the doctor as my wife and I were super spoiled by our previous EI doc.
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
Both are racist IMO. But if they just want someone who speaks there language then that's something different
Then ask for someone that speaks ____. There are loads of people in Canada that can't speak the language(s) of their ethnic background.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #28
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
How come nobody pointed out this wack job's repeated comments about "brown teeth"? What a nutter
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
i did

and didn't bother rewinding the video to confirm but one of the comments said she pulled it "it's because I'm white" race card as a defence near the end and that her child's a halfie lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
I prefer white doctors or really westernized asian/EI doctors as they have a higher chance they really wanted to be a doctor to help people instead of being forced to become a doctor even though they hate it due to parents or money/prestige.
that's such a stretch and couldn't have been a better stereotype
if it really weren't their calling they would've likely dropped out sometime in that 7-9 years of rigorous training to become one
even if one is not as passionate doesn't mean they're incompetent

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-21-2017 at 09:05 AM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #30
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
^^
Female asking for female doctor, not sexist
Male asking for male doctor, sexist.

Asian asking for Asian doctor, not racist
Caucasian asking for Caucasian doctor, racist.

Meh, people get riled up over everything.
i dont think a male asking for a male doctor is racist at all. there are lots of possible reasons to want that.

asians asking for asians, usually its because of language.
caucasians asking for a white doctor is sort of racist, unless the doctor has really poor english, in which case you could always ask for another doctor who speaks better english. that shouldn't really be a problem. if it is, change clinics.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i dont think a male asking for a male doctor is racist at all. there are lots of possible reasons to want that.

asians asking for asians, usually its because of language.
caucasians asking for a white doctor is sort of racist, unless the doctor has really poor english, in which case you could always ask for another doctor who speaks better english. that shouldn't really be a problem. if it is, change clinics.
Its not just about language. People also identify with others through values and culture. Some patients of progressive western societies like a sexually active single woman or someone who is LGBT, etc may feel a doctor from a conservative region of the world may not have the experience or shared understanding to offer the care they desire, even if that doctor has adopted progressive values. Or a strict conservative indian family may not want their daughter being treated by someone they perceive to have loose western morals who might corrupt her mind.

My family doctor, who looked after me as an infant into a grown man, shared skin colour, language, culture, etc. He retired a few years ago, and brought in a doctor from South Africa to take over his practice. He too was white, and spoke english (he looked and sounded a lot like Shartlo Copley), but I never got the sense I could relate to him or that he would fully understand what I was going through.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
God of Unce

Now asians can argue with parents.

Y U NO DOCTA?! BECAUSE SHE NO WANT!
Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
doesn't help she was yelling around like a crazy bitch...calm your tits down.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #34
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
She probably would have spoken to a white reporter:

Old 06-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
In the video several of them try to get the woman to go to the hospital, to which she responds, "I was there and they only have brown doctors."

Okay, first of all, if your kid is sick and NEEDS to see a doctor, then suck it up and take the first licensed doctor who can see him regardless of your preferences and biases.

Second, if he doesn't NEED to see a doctor, but you WANT him to see a doctor that meets your preferences and biases, however disgusting they may be, go to another clinic. It's Mississauga, Ontario not Bumfuckville, Saskatchewan. There are likely many, many walk-in clinics in town.

Third, how is public shaming news? Fuck I hate the news. Give me some real, important information, not this bullshit. If this were a public official, that's news. This isn't.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2017, 11:37 PM   #36
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
news is about which videos can we share that will give us the most ratings

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #37
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
The only Doctor I've had (since being born nearly 30 years ago) is Asian, and he's awful lol. But I go to the doctors once every two years for a note if my back ever spasms. No real need to try and find a new family doctor until I have kids and need them. He's probably close to retirement anyways.

If you are a lady and have tit problems, totally understand that you might want a female doctor. If I ever got an std I'd probably rather have a male doctor look at my dick (nohomo, but if a lady is gonna be touching my dick I'd rather it be NOT when I have the drips). But race shouldn't play a part of whether or not my doctor knows how to write s prescription or to look if I have strep throat.

Lady just sounds like a racist cunt
Old 06-24-2017, 06:03 AM   #38
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
No homo!
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote