REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Not that much faster than what ppl typically do over the bridge at night. I'm surprised there was an officer to finally ticket some of these ppl
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:20 AM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

If he got a 7 day impound for this offence (being his second excessive), then his first offence is already in the dispute process and so has not registered as convicted. I hope the paper got it wrong and it's a 30 day suspension as a second offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
If he doesn't have another high end car, usually what these guys do is they will swap cars with their friends, so that if their car gets pulled over with the friend driving, it should be all clear to drive. While the person who's suspended is now driving illegally and voiding all insurance liability "trying" to beat the system with their buddies car who has no suspensions.
I'm not sure about the "swap car" scenario you describe here?

When a car (or bike) is impounded for excessive speeding, the ownership of the vehicle is irrelevant, the vehicle is impounded and the driver gets the ticket. The vehicle is impounded regardless of whether the driver was the registered owner or not. An excessive speeding ticket does not carry an automatic license suspension that's assessed by the superintendent of motor vehicles based on driving history (or roadside in the case of DUI). Once the car has done it's time in impound it can be picked up from the impound lot and driven away, there's no suspension of use by owner post impound. You're correct that if the registered owner of a car permits a person with a suspended license to drive it and they get in an accident, the owner is screwed, insurance void.
snowfarmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Wei too fast.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
UPDATE - After review by the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles, the impound of the vehicle in this matter has been extended to 60 days. Additionally, West Vancouver Police will provide supplemental reports to the Superintendent which will be reviewed for consideration of ordering a Prohibition from Driving.

The Superintendent of Motor Vehicle's Driving Prohibition would be separate from penalties considered should the driver be convicted of Motor Vehicle Act charges to be forwarded by investigators.
https://wvpd.ca/index.php/breaking-s...ns-gate-bridge
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^The company impounding this vehicle must be smiling to the bank with the fees. Chump change for this 22 year old idiot.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
mitchell's towing. apparently they were the babysitters of this car last time as well.

video: West Vancouver Police impound Ferrari clocked at 210 km/h on Lions Gate Bridge | Globalnews.ca
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 07-05-2017 at 06:26 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #32
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
ive heard the tow impound lots damages the shit out of these impounded exotics. scraped bumpers, dinged doors, rock chips and a whole bunch of other shit happen when you get a 60 day penalty. All hearsay and conjecture from a bunch of narcissistic rich bastards, but at least it puts the fear of TODD towtruck guy in them.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #33
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ lol it didn't happen first time. What makes you think this time it would be different?
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #34

i guess not, but there is talk on chinese BB sites about bad exotic tow truck experiences. most are quite terrified of mean old Unice the Unitow fucker.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #35
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Well then maybe don't go 210km/h in a 60 zone
Old 07-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #36

I'm okay with it... I think the chance of him killing himself is improving with each speeding offense. It's Darwinism at its finest. Just hopefully he doesn't hit a bus full of kids doing 200kms per hour instead of a tree/pole. Considering the time of night and the clocked speed I'm guessing he'll be done pretty soon.... After 60 days that is
Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #37
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
22 years old Ferrari driver? No N sign?

To his credit, at least he passed his N test.
Anything else we should give him credit for???

to his credit he has good sense of style, nice white colour of car

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:50 AM   #38
Witness protection

cbc article about mitchell's towing... because it's the north shore, they see high-end vehicle impounds on a regular basis:

'Ferrari Fridays': tales of excessive speed from a North Shore impound lot - British Columbia - CBC News
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 07-06-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #39

Thanked 3,966 Times in 1,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
ive heard the tow impound lots damages the shit out of these impounded exotics. scraped bumpers, dinged doors, rock chips and a whole bunch of other shit happen when you get a 60 day penalty. All hearsay and conjecture from a bunch of narcissistic rich bastards, but at least it puts the fear of TODD towtruck guy in them.

Watch for a white Ferrari in the Craigslist Good Buys thread in 2 months. Poor guy has to use modo or Evo for resto summer.

Last edited by whitev70r; 07-06-2017 at 08:04 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:11 AM   #40
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini View Post
Wei too fast.
Wei too fast in Wong car. But, better white than Wong.

See-La I can play, too.

So solly, couldn't help myself. Carry on carrying on.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #41
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Watch for a white Ferrari in the Craigslist thread in 2 months. Poor guy has to use modo or Evo for resto summer.
probably bought a 488 by now
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #42
Witness protection

there's someone climbing up the lions gate bridge right now and the police shut down the center lane... maybe it's the driver protesting his impending suspension?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
probably bought a 488 by now
Nah he's probably done with Ferrari. Moving up to a McLaren P1.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #44
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
I'm not sure about the "swap car" scenario you describe here?

When a car (or bike) is impounded for excessive speeding, the ownership of the vehicle is irrelevant, the vehicle is impounded and the driver gets the ticket. The vehicle is impounded regardless of whether the driver was the registered owner or not. An excessive speeding ticket does not carry an automatic license suspension that's assessed by the superintendent of motor vehicles based on driving history (or roadside in the case of DUI). Once the car has done it's time in impound it can be picked up from the impound lot and driven away, there's no suspension of use by owner post impound. You're correct that if the registered owner of a car permits a person with a suspended license to drive it and they get in an accident, the owner is screwed, insurance void.
what dragon88 meant is that post impound, the ferrari driver will swap cars with a friend (during his suspension period) because his own ferrari will be flagged in the police database as having a possible suspended driver. this means the ferrari will have a higher chance of getting pulled over when the plates gets scanned even if at the time the driver did nothing wrong, just so the police can confirm the driver is not the suspended person driving it, which in this case is his friend driving it with a legit license, and the ferrari driver will be driving his friends car which is less likely to get pulled over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,801 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post

just need some honey and you got yourself a nice rap video produced by Scott Storch
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:30 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
what dragon88 meant is that post impound, the ferrari driver will swap cars with a friend (during his suspension period) because his own ferrari will be flagged in the police database as having a possible suspended driver. this means the ferrari will have a higher chance of getting pulled over when the plates gets scanned even if at the time the driver did nothing wrong, just so the police can confirm the driver is not the suspended person driving it, which in this case is his friend driving it with a legit license, and the ferrari driver will be driving his friends car which is less likely to get pulled over.
Most of these guys have more than 1 exotic anyways or at least a second / third vehicle to drive while their fun car is impounded. Cant drive the F car? take the P car. Both impounded? its 3 series city for you amigo.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #47
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
blows my mind how they can upgrade the impound length to 60 days

but the idiot still has a license

not that that was gonna stop em from driving anyway

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #48

They should implement a separate penalty category for cars over 150k. Kinda like ICBC insurance doesnt cover cars worth more than 150k, they should also ding exotic drivers substantially more. That or implement a penalty based on wealth like that of Finnland

A $60,000 speeding ticket!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #49
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
They should implement a separate penalty category for cars over 150k. Kinda like ICBC insurance doesnt cover cars worth more than 150k, they should also ding exotic drivers substantially more. That or implement a penalty based on wealth like that of Finnland

Agreed. Tickets for us is nothing to them.

I heard a story where a lady in Richmond got more than 10 tickets and she still drove...
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #50
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
Quote:

Totally agree with you but I don't see it happening around here.
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote