REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #26
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ thanks for the info but they basically said because I pay for it the parking spot is consider mine so I have the right tow it.

My guess atm nothing is set in stone or strata is from yet so things are in the grey area. They most likely don't want any towing to happen again if possible at least till everything is set in stone. But in the mean time things like this will happen and people (like me) will complain till something is done. I was basically saying if someone can park at my spot without them doing a thing then I can do the same because they(the management compnay) chose to ignore my complains and clearly the person who park at my spot is in the wrong. I also question them what's the point of having a parking spot and paying for it when I can park at someone else parking spot without having my care tow or any fees?
Advertisement

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 07-10-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
I just don't get how and why these people think they can just park anywhere they want in a condo parking lot. They know everyone needs to purchase a parking spot and assigned one. There's visitor parking. But they think they are special enough to get that sweet spot beside the door and get away with it.

I'd tow those bitches and demand rent money back for parking in my spot.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #28
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
^^ thanks for the info but they basically said because I pay for it the parking spot is consider mine so I have the right tow it.

My guess atm nothing is set in stone or strata is from yet so things are in the grey area. They most likely don't want any towing to happen again if possible at least till everything is set in stone. But in the mean time things like this will happen and people (like me) will complain till something is done. I was basically saying if someone can park at my spot without them doing a thing then I can do the same because they(the management compnay) chose to ignore my complains and clearly the person who park at my spot is in the wrong. I also question them what's the point of having a parking spot and paying for it when I can park at someone else parking spot without having my care tow or any fees?
You have to follow the Burnaby Towing & Immobilization Bylaw. If one of the people who is towed complains to the City of Burnaby the Strata could be subject to multiple Bylaw Notices. The tow truck company that conducts the tow would be subject to multiple bylaw notices as well.

I encourage you to speak to the Strata to reach out to the City of Burnaby in order to place the proper signage and be in full compliance with the City Bylaws so that you are able to tow unauthorized vehicles from the parking lot of your apartment building.

I would contact the City of Burnaby Licence Office, their number is (604) 294-7320. They administer the Burnaby Towing & Immobilization Bylaw.

I would also have the strata contact Mundies Towing in order to establish a contract and proper signage throughout the parking lot so that you can legally tow vehicles that are illegally parked in the apartment building parking lot.
AndroidAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanks I will let them know and hopefully they get their act together. Not to be rude but so far I only notice Asian that does this. There are other people and they seem to park at their own parking spot.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I kinda can relate to the OP to some degree, but I own a house and last few months, one of my neighbours rented their suite to some tenants and they have so many cars parked outside at a given time. Most of the houses only park one car outside in their front, but this asshole neighbour has tenants and including the landlord have 6 cars parked outside in front of other peoples homes.

I asked them nicely when they moved in, to not park in front of house, it would be great to just leave me a spot in front of my house as my neighbours get pissed when I park in front of their house. I don't want to create any trouble with neighbours since they are older folks and don't want it to seem like I am picking on elders. They were like cool with it and now fast forward few months later, parking in front of my house. I can be a dick and call 311 and ticket their ass because they leave their car parked for extended periods of time in front of my house (3hr limit bylaw).

No parking for those tenants? Well that's too bad, not my problem. Life ain't fair LOL. Sorry went off-topic, my experience not related to towing haha

Last edited by Euro7r; 07-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #31
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I kinda can relate to the OP to some degree, but I own a house and last few months, one of my neighbours rented their suite to some tenants and they have so many cars parked outside at a given time. Most of the houses only park one car outside in their front, but this asshole neighbour has tenants and including the landlord have 6 cars parked outside in front of other peoples homes.

I asked them nicely when they moved in, to not park in front of house, it would be great to just leave me a spot in front of my house as my neighbours get pissed when I park in front of their house. I don't want to create any trouble with neighbours since they are older folks and don't want it to seem like I am picking on elders. They were like cool with it and now fast forward few months later, parking in front of my house. I can be a dick and call 311 and ticket their ass because they leave their car parked for extended periods of time in front of my house (3hr limit bylaw).

No parking for those tenants? Well that's too bad, not my problem. Life ain't fair LOL. Sorry went off-topic, my experience not related to towing haha
Afaik, assuming it's Vancouver, the 3hour bylaw is not applicable if the owner of the car lives on the same block.
turbo_slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Get some tire dolly's and just push it somewhere randomly.. People will start getting the hint or towed by strata for "parking" weird.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #33

Move to Coquitlam and for the parking lot isn't even half full most of the time lol.