REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Towing compnay in Burnaby

Just want to know what's a fast towing company that operates in Burnaby? I know there are Busters but they are base in Vancouver and it seems far.

Basically different cars have been parking in my parking spot in my new apartment and the starta isn't doing a thing other than posting a note on the person car basically saying that's not your spot. I e-mail and talk to the building manager and he basically give permission that if anyone else park in my spot again I can just call a tow truck to have it tow.

So I need a towing company who can come quick and tow the car away.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Mundies is around the area. (Kingsway and Griffiths) Near Highgate village
Old 07-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
have you considered leaving a big sign stating offending vehicles will be towed?

i wouldn't get into a kerfuffle with neighbours if you just moved in and would only use this as a last resort.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,051 Posts
I'm always curious when it comes to this kinda stuff. Who pays for the tow charge ? The guy requesting the tow or the person picking up the vehicle later. Since it's not a municipal violation how does the tow truck company know if you truly are the owner of the spot. If it's a willy nilly tow at command , what's stopping the other guy from counter towing you for ha ha's
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Last I recall, proper signage has to be posted in the mentioned area which states info for the towing company responsible for enforcing the infractions. It's very odd that verbal "permission" from the Building Manager is the only ruling in order for this to proceed. There must be something in the Strata Notes that defines further.
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Pingu81 is correct. There must be a tow comany sign in the parking lot and specifically in your stall too. I had an issue at work where somebody was parking at our employ spot but can't do anything about it because there was no sign in the parking stall of the towing company. Strata sets certain people allowed to phone in as well to tow the vehicle. It sucks.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I'm always curious when it comes to this kinda stuff. Who pays for the tow charge ? The guy requesting the tow or the person picking up the vehicle later. Since it's not a municipal violation how does the tow truck company know if you truly are the owner of the spot. If it's a willy nilly tow at command , what's stopping the other guy from counter towing you for ha ha's
the owner of the towed vehicle pays. He pays when he picks up his vehicle from the tow yard.

my crapbucket

*ding* *ding* *ding* ...breast milk...you make my day-ee-yay!
evil_jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
When you mention "new" apartment, is this a newly built place?

If it's new place, strata probably hasn't got their "shit" together and would need some time to figure the small nitty gritty stuff to make sure operations are running smoothly. If it's not newly built, then sounds like strata don't give a damn, which doesn't seem right. There should be signs of violators will be towed at owners expense etc.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I am in strata council for my complex. Usually strata member signs a contract with the towing company to give the tow truck driver authorization to tow. Otherwise, there's no stopping some random resident towing legit cars
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #10
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
When you mention "new" apartment, is this a newly built place?

If it's new place, strata probably hasn't got their "shit" together and would need some time to figure the small nitty gritty stuff to make sure operations are running smoothly. If it's not newly built, then sounds like strata don't give a damn, which doesn't seem right. There should be signs of violators will be towed at owners expense etc.
Yes is a new apartment so basically they haven't gotten their shit together yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu81 View Post
Last I recall, proper signage has to be posted in the mentioned area which states info for the towing company responsible for enforcing the infractions. It's very odd that verbal "permission" from the Building Manager is the only ruling in order for this to proceed. There must be something in the Strata Notes that defines further.
We did that. Yesterday morning they posted a sign on a car that was park at my spot. I left and came back later in the evening and another car (different car) park at my spot again. That's 3 times in 2 days. I already explain this to the person who was on duty and all they told me was :well this is new so people might park in the wrong spot. Sorry but that's not an excuse. You were given a parking spot number. I had it with the 3rd time and basically call and complain to the building managers and wrote a nasty e-mail to the management company and basically this happen so many times I just have to notify them someone have park at my spot again and I can have the car tow. If no one is on suite I can just call the towing company myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
Pingu81 is correct. There must be a tow comany sign in the parking lot and specifically in your stall too. I had an issue at work where somebody was parking at our employ spot but can't do anything about it because there was no sign in the parking stall of the towing company. Strata sets certain people allowed to phone in as well to tow the vehicle. It sucks.
My guess is that because my parking spot is right next to the entrance/exit door so a lot of people park there. Too bad so sad that wont happen. I actually got a car tow today. As I was leaving I saw an Asian guy with a girl looking confuse near my parking spot with the security guard for the building. Most likely not happy their car got tow for "parking in another person parking spot"
Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
hehehe i'd love see the faces of those towed bitches
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,717 Times in 689 Posts
Is there a sign on your parking spot?
I find it curious people would park in your spot.

Maybe get a reserved parking sign? Even if you can tow them, it's annoying as fakkk if someone is constantly in your spot. Wasting my time calling a tow is annoying.

I would put a reserved parking spot sign up.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 AM   #13
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
A tow company will tow a car that's not yours unless they have a contract from the building.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
A tow company will tow a car that's not yours unless they have a contract from the building.
Not sure what's going on but I am guessing we don't have any contracts yet and the building manager give them a yes? I don't expect things to get better from here on out. The place in right next to Metrotown with little street parking and visitor parking is way too few. Also 10th floor and below don't get a parking spot. Very messy for people who have 2 more cars or didn't get a parking spot. I mean visitor parking is like 80% full all the time now and not a lot of people have move in yet. I love to see how it will end up when people actually start moving in
Old 07-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You need to contact your strata and have them remove the car. I highly doubt the towing company will come and tow someone else's car in a strata lot without a contract.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #16

^^ we don't have any contract yet... at least I wasn't aware or the Concierge there. The building manager just give me a phone number and told me to call them and tow the car. Maybe it was set in place already? Since there are 2 apartments complex there and the first one was built years ago.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #17
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
I assume your space faces a wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post

Faces a wall. Just weird I have to put do this when people should be fully aware their own spot and should only park at their own spot.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #19

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Not sure what's going on but I am guessing we don't have any contracts yet and the building manager give them a yes? I don't expect things to get better from here on out. The place in right next to Metrotown with little street parking and visitor parking is way too few. Also 10th floor and below don't get a parking spot. Very messy for people who have 2 more cars or didn't get a parking spot. I mean visitor parking is like 80% full all the time now and not a lot of people have move in yet. I love to see how it will end up when people actually start moving in
Those tenants will likely won't be able to park in visitors once strata sorts things out. Tenants are not visitors and should not be parking in visitors. E.g. If you had friends (visitors), no where for them to park if tenants hogging up the spots.

Reminds me of my buddy' old apartment, tenants parked up all the visitor spots, eventually strata made it that any tenants parking there will be towed. After that, visitor spots all free lol.

Some need to learn things the hard way and then they won't do it again, which is get their car towed.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #20

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I live in Richmond and used to be in strata council. I don't believe you can just tow someone's car without getting a permit from the city.

Our strata had to apply for a towing permit. Someone from city hall came and inspected our lots to ensure we had all the proper signage and then approved the permit. This took like almost a year from start to finish. Once we had the permit, we went with Rusty's towing and had to buy their signs to post up. Our towing protocol is that if someone calls Rusty, they are to call our property manager or strata president/vice president for confirmation.

You'll probably have to go find out who the cars belong to, if they're residents in the building and go talk to them until your strata gets their act together.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Please read the Burnaby Towing & Immobilization Bylaw.

https://bylaws.burnaby.ca/en/permalink/bylaw24846

Specifically this section here:

9. No person shall:
(a) tow a vehicle while it is occupied;
(b) tow a vehicle from a parking lot for unauthorized parking unless:
(i) there is conspicuously displayed in the parking lot one or more signs meeting the following requirements:
(A) signs shall be not less than 30 cm by 45 cm, with numbers and letters not less than 2.5 cm in height;
(B) signs shall be clearly visible at all times, and shall be posted at each entrance to and exit from the parking lot and, if applicable, elsewhere in the parking lot no further than 30 m from any area of the parking lot in which vehicles are subject to towing;
(C) signs shall clearly state the conditions under which a vehicle may be towed from the parking lot, the name of the business responsible for towing vehicles from the parking lot and the telephone number of the impound lot to which the vehicle will be taken; and...

as well as this section:

(i) cause all vehicles towed for unauthorized parking by that person or any driver in that person's employ to be towed to and stored at an impound lot located within the City of Burnaby unless specifically directed otherwise by the owner or operator of any particular vehicle;

You must follow this Bylaw when removing vehicles from your apartment's parking lot in terms of signage and where the vehicle must be towed. It states that a vehicle towed in the City of Burnaby must be impounded at a lot in the City of Burnaby. As far as I am aware Mundies is the only tow company that has an impound lot in Burnaby.

I hope that helps
AndroidAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #22

Thanked 2,120 Times in 991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAAA View Post
Please read the Burnaby Towing & Immobilization Bylaw.

https://bylaws.burnaby.ca/en/permalink/bylaw24846

Specifically this section here:

9. No person shall:
(a) tow a vehicle while it is occupied;
(b) tow a vehicle from a parking lot for unauthorized parking unless:
(i) there is conspicuously displayed in the parking lot one or more signs meeting the following requirements:
(A) signs shall be not less than 30 cm by 45 cm, with numbers and letters not less than 2.5 cm in height;
(B) signs shall be clearly visible at all times, and shall be posted at each entrance to and exit from the parking lot and, if applicable, elsewhere in the parking lot no further than 30 m from any area of the parking lot in which vehicles are subject to towing;
(C) signs shall clearly state the conditions under which a vehicle may be towed from the parking lot, the name of the business responsible for towing vehicles from the parking lot and the telephone number of the impound lot to which the vehicle will be taken; and...

as well as this section:

(i) cause all vehicles towed for unauthorized parking by that person or any driver in that person's employ to be towed to and stored at an impound lot located within the City of Burnaby unless specifically directed otherwise by the owner or operator of any particular vehicle;

You must follow this Bylaw when removing vehicles from your apartment's parking lot in terms of signage and where the vehicle must be towed. It states that a vehicle towed in the City of Burnaby must be impounded at a lot in the City of Burnaby. As far as I am aware Mundies is the only tow company that has an impound lot in Burnaby.

I hope that helps
The wording of that sounds like it applies to businesses only. This seems like it would be under private property? Especially since it's probably gated as well. It's almost like if I owned a house, some one parked in my driveway, and I can just call and get them towed?
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post

Then the strata will send you a letter to remove the "graffiti" or pay a fine.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #24
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
The wording of that sounds like it applies to businesses only. This seems like it would be under private property? Especially since it's probably gated as well. It's almost like if I owned a house, some one parked in my driveway, and I can just call and get them towed?

(f) "parking lot" means an area of land or any building or part thereof that is used for the parking of vehicles including areas provided specifically for employees or customers of a business or for tenants of a building, but does not include an area where parking is an ancillary use to a single family dwelling;

(j) "unauthorized parking" means the parking of a vehicle in a parking lot without the consent of the owner or operator of the parking lot or contrary to the conditions under which the parking of vehicles in that parking lot is authorized;

This Bylaw covers apartment building parking lots.
AndroidAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #25

Thanked 2,120 Times in 991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAAA View Post
(f) "parking lot" means an area of land or any building or part thereof that is used for the parking of vehicles including areas provided specifically for employees or customers of a business or for tenants of a building, but does not include an area where parking is an ancillary use to a single family dwelling;

(j) "unauthorized parking" means the parking of a vehicle in a parking lot without the consent of the owner or operator of the parking lot or contrary to the conditions under which the parking of vehicles in that parking lot is authorized;

This Bylaw covers apartment building parking lots.
My bad, please carry on.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote