REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #76
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
if you're talking about some down and out single mom living on welfare in a crack shack, sure..

Chester had a net worth of 30 million dollars when he died.. a man of virtually unlimited resources, not someone siting in an alley feeling sad.
My examples of paranoid schizophrenia were in response to the blanket statement of logical thinking and having a backbone as being a solution to most mental illness. Perhaps I overlooked the keyword "most". However, depression can be a trigger for other forms of mental illness, including having delusional thoughts.

Also, background != occupation. No need to get all sensitive over it. I was looking for insight or experience as to how mental illness can be overcome with a strong backbone and logical thinking. There's no discounting that it can help, but it's certainly not the only thing required.
Advertisement
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #77
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Man, I've been suffering from mental illness for 35 years. Who knew one day I would come on a car related forum and some millennial would cure my curse by telling me I'm just a pussy without a backbone. Hallelujah
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #78
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
The suicide rate of veterans is over double the national average. Clearly people who have no backbone.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #79
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Man, I've been suffering from mental illness for 35 years. Who knew one day I would come on a car related forum and some millennial would cure my curse by telling me I'm just a pussy without a backbone. Hallelujah
Right? Praise be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #80
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The suicide rate of veterans is over double the national average. Clearly people who have no backbone.
Personal choices led to their illness.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #81
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
i don't see exactly what you're trying to say here?

any organ in the body is susceptible to disease or problems, why would the brain be any different?

the brain is possibly the most complex organ too, and possiblY one of the most complex structures in the universe, so it makes sense how these problems are not well understood or easily treatable
Neggo's post explained what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
lol, Dr. Google checking in

funeral costs? Bennington is worth $30M, his family will probably be fine financially.

some times you just gotta do you, and not worry about the emotional impact on others. Do you call those who divorce in an unhealthy relationship to be selfish? THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!
Yes because everybody who has mental illness is worth $30 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Not a millennial but you're welcome for curing your illness

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #82

Actually you are. Millennials are the 18-35 (possibly older, depending on which study you look at) crowd. And I know for a fact you're not older than I am.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #83

^ you are correct I thought millennials was post 2000

Learnt something new today. Just like how the rest of you learnt having a backbone will solve all your problems

Cadillac CTS (Current)
Old 07-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #84
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
You're so funny man! The troll face really makes the joke. When's your standup routine start???
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,105 Times in 975 Posts
Chesters last concert. He really loved his fans,
Old 07-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #86
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 08:35 PM   #87
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Did you just shit on people for choosing to join the military, the people that fought for your country?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
You're so funny man! The troll face really makes the joke. When's your standup routine start???
Thanks man!

You can find me every night in your sisters bedroom!!!

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #89
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,105 Times in 975 Posts
@hchang, and hondaracer,, Can you guys please STOP! LP fans are here to mourn and celebrate Chesters life.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #90
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Did you just shit on people for choosing to join the military, the people that fought for your country?
Let's not forget veterans who were drafted (Korean, Vietnam wars)

Anyway, there's a difference between being sad because your Apple watch will be a week late and being a star employee at your workplace who sits in the dark for two hours when they get home every night.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
@hchang, and hondaracer,, Can you guys please STOP! LP fans are here to mourn and celebrate Chesters life.
We're not the only ones adding fuel to the fire here.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #92
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
1) Because there's nothing logical about you if you hear voices in your head.

2) Stop doing drugs or stop selling drugs.

3) None of your damn business what I do for work.
stfu
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #93
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Seriously how old are you? Your mom's making me a sandwich, blah blah sisters bedroom?

Members that are not positively contributing, please leave this thread alone and create a new thread in fightclub if you guys want to discuss further whatever mental illness, backbone shit you want to.
und3f3at3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossha View Post
stfu
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by und3f3at3d View Post
Seriously how old are you? Your mom's making me a sandwich, blah blah sisters bedroom?

Members that are not positively contributing, please leave this thread alone and create a new thread in fightclub if you guys want to discuss further whatever mental illness, backbone shit you want to.
Thank you for your input.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #95
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
No.

Thank you for your input.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #96
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
OK the noose joke was just a lame attempt at trying to be edgy with a "r/toosoon" joke. But now you're just trying to get banned from this thread, right? Or do you actually think like this?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #97
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
THIS

*edit.... this is kinda long.. i needed to rant... oops

Chester, yes he battled through a lot of demons, some of them made publicly in the past, but has consistently lived a very private life outside of the spotlight.

Since "Heavy" debuted, he has spoken out load to all the haters and critics about selling out, didn't handle it all too well. Corey Taylor from Slipknot, who I am also a huge fan of put Chester in his place and responded apologetically.

The dude found peace after Meteora and let it all out through Minutes to Midnight. It is documented that one of the reasons why it took 4 years is due to Chester needing to come clean with the band and the people around him really did a number on Chester to come clean with many things in life. Somewhere a long the way, it took a turn for the worst, and I want to say this was between One More Light and the Hunting Party, but only the band can confirm this. Cornell choosing to end his life, whether accidental or not did a number on the dude... and through thick and thin fought for his mental survival.

I am a HUGE Linkin Park fan. This year would mark the 6th time I see them live, but plans and life got in the way of that and in the end, a buddy had to bail on the trip. Was kind of bummed out about that, then an opportunity came up for me to see them in October, but decided against it for a trip somewhere else (planning a group trip to Shanghai to watch the Canucks, oddly enough they released the pricing and sale for tickets the day before this happened...anyways)instead of coming back to Vancouver in October.

I kind of wanted to let this out... many of my close friends know my love for the band, the numerous occasions where we belt out LP songs at karaoke, the numerous covers I've done on the guitar, to even having the spikes and red hair during highschool. I looked up to these guys.

Overtime, the band matured musically and having a small love/hobby in music, I learned to appreciate why bands need to evolve for better or worst. Their live shows were fucking amazing. One More Light made me appreciate how far Chester and Co have become musically with the new arrangements for many of the old songs to fit the evolution of their music. Go watch some of the shows on Youtube such as the concert I posted from Germany or Italy in June. It's fantastic.

Do I feel upset that it had to end like this? Yes.

I spoke to a close friend about the topic of suicide as he recently lost a friend to the same thing. The most we can do is reach out and help, talk to those in need, take a small moment out of your busy schedules to reach out and say how are you, let them know you care.

So I urge many to reach out to your friends and family once in awhile and socialize a bit. A "hey how ya doin" can go a long way whether or not you know that the other party is going through a rough patch.

this song is appropriate, don't take friends for granted, reach out to those that need help.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #98

I wish I could thank your post more times Tim. The fact of the matter is, everyone is different. What works for some, will not work for others. It's not YOUR place to decide how someone lives or ends their own life. Worry about your own, not someone else's. Sometimes I wish RS' ignore feature was like the Facebook block feature.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #99
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
thought I clicked in the 'speak it out' thread

that's nice you got to seem them live so many times...seems like a blast in those videos.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 AM   #100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i was around when there album dropped you couldn't stop hearing the high school crowd play it or MTV for that matter....didn't own his CD but kinda weird to see so many people come out as the hugest linkin park fan ever after somebody had to die