REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #51
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea takes hella courage to leave 6 kids behind
You just made his point
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #52
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea takes hella courage to leave 6 kids behind
I know you're being sarcastic, but yeah, it actually does.

What people forget about depression that is that it's not just a burden to the one bearing it, but you also affect and hurt the people around you; Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. People in this state of mind (wether right or wrong) think that by committing suicide, your also alleviating not just your pain, but the pain you cause to others; and in that warped sense of logic, they actually think they're doing those around them a favor.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #53
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
When my Uncle committed suicide (among a few others in my family), it took me a while to understand the why. Once the answer clicked, the first thing I thought was 'no more pain, no more suffering, you're okay now'.

That was MY reaction. It was hardly the one felt throughout the family. Maybe I'm just a closeted Buddhist and don't realize it but by accepting what he did, I was able to cherish his memories and move on without burdening myself as it wouldn't do me or others around me any good.

No one can really say what's going on in the final moments of someone's head but if they succeed in their ultimate goal, I don't feel it's right to condemn them. You're only hurting yourself. Celebrate their life for even getting as far as they did. They tried but could not fit in sync with space and time.

Despite making great progress in the exploration of mental illness, it's still an enigma.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #54
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

A strong back bone does not take away suicidal thoughts or tendencies.

Nietzsche said, "He who has a why to live can bare almost any how", and that's fundamentally how the majority of human life operates. People essentially add meaning to their lives through whatever it is they attach an importance to.

There are some people, however, who utterly find it impossible to operate that way. Regardless of how hard they try, even with the support of a loving family, they just can't find a "why" that can provide them with a reason to live.

Many of us will willingly suffer because we can find the reason in why we suffer; we know that the suffering will be worth it because there will come a point where the suffering will cease, and we will have reached a goal or objective. On the opposite side of the spectrum, people who go through major depression suffer on a daily basis but find no meaning in their suffering; a predicament that could even make the most hardened, mentally fortified individuals question their existence.

Suicide and depression are horrible and in no way do I condone it, but it is not as simple as some people make it out to be.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
you guys are replying to someone who posts 'who wore the noose better' meme and believes the Middle East should be leveled with nukes?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #56
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
The original "just have a backbone" post was made by hchang. So they might be replying to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #57
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
His music made this video one of the better car montages ever posted to the internet. Terribly sad news.

Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #58
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
rather than blasting the albums, i've been throwing their shows on at work instead
You can see the evolution of their live shows as well.
This show was June 25th, so less than a month ago

Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #59

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
It's funny how many of my Chinese friends in China are fans of linkin park, I didn't realize it intill now after Chester Bennington died

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #60
God of Unce

Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #61
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

#RIPCHESTER

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #62
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #63
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Wrong. All you need is a strong backbone.
"You just made my point"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Strong backbone? Really?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
This is slightly untrue. To be honest, I think it takes a surreal amount of courage to commit suicide.

When one commits you suicide, you don't realize how much your involuntary instincts take over to prevent your self-harm. Even though your mind is saying go, your body will defy your mind in front of your eyes in self preservation; so the amount of pain, and warped thoughts it takes to overcome that self-preservation instincts must be far more incredible than your typical people judge it to be, when they call such a thing as the "easy way".
Yes your body will want self preservation to kick in, but it's still the cowardly thing to do. You end your life to not face reality, not thinking about kids left behind, friends, family. Leaves you to not have to deal with the consequences, like Aaron Hernandez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but yeah, it actually does.

What people forget about depression that is that it's not just a burden to the one bearing it, but you also affect and hurt the people around you; Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. People in this state of mind (wether right or wrong) think that by committing suicide, your also alleviating not just your pain, but the pain you cause to others; and in that warped sense of logic, they actually think they're doing those around them a favor.
*whether
*you're

Yes but it's more of a burden to to the friends and family you leave behind. They will be thinking "Is there anything I could've done to stop them?" "Did they do it partially because of me?" "I should have been nicer to them"

Then your friends and family will have to deal with the guilt, costs of your funeral, having to raise YOUR kids on their own, having to take on YOUR roles and YOUR responsibilites on the life that YOU created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
A strong back bone does not take away suicidal thoughts or tendencies.
No but it will guide you through life with your chest out and head up.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #64
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
"You just made my point"

Yes.

Yes your body will want self preservation to kick in, but it's still the cowardly thing to do. You end your life to not face reality, not thinking about kids left behind, friends, family. Leaves you to not have to deal with the consequences, like Aaron Hernandez.

*whether
*you're

Yes but it's more of a burden to to the friends and family you leave behind. They will be thinking "Is there anything I could've done to stop them?" "Did they do it partially because of me?" "I should have been nicer to them"

Then your friends and family will have to deal with the guilt, costs of your funeral, having to raise YOUR kids on their own, having to take on YOUR roles and YOUR responsibilites on the life that YOU created.

Your life must be so perfect...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #65

^ lol no it's not but I know how to deal with it because I'm not a vagina

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #66
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #67

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
^ lol no it's not but I know how to deal with it because I'm not a vagina
Sweet, tell us how you beat anorexia too because you don't eat like a bitch.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #68

Quote:
Your thinking is too naive and parochial. By that logic, any mental illness can be resolved by simply telling the individual to keep their chest out and head up.

Good luck telling someone with schizophrenia or severe depression that.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Sweet, tell us how you beat anorexia too because you don't eat like a bitch.
Sure did.

In fact, your mom's in the kitchen making me a sandwich for me as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Your thinking is too naive and parochial. By that logic, any mental illness can be resolved by simply telling the individual to keep their chest out and head up.

Good luck telling someone with schizophrenia or severe depression that.
Rather not open another can of worms here but yes I actually do believe that, actually, let me elaborate.

Doctors nowadays label people who come in with problems with a disease. I'm not saying all mental illness is made up but I believe most can be fixed with logical thinking, something majority of you can't seem to grasp.

Here's a link explaining more how mental illness ratio numbers was down in the 60's, 70s and 80s

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ssues-the-rise

Let me guess, you also voted for this hippie we have in office who sympathizes with terrorists?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #70
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Can you explain how logical thinking can help someone who hears voices in their head, telling him to kill himself?

Or how logical thinking can help when he thinks there's a listening device in the cable modem, planted by the authorities?

I don't know your background, but please enlighten us on your expertise in handling mental illness, since you seem so well versed in it.
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Sure did.

In fact, your mom's in the kitchen making me a sandwich for me as we speak.

Rather not open another can of worms here but yes I actually do believe that, actually, let me elaborate.

Doctors nowadays label people who come in with problems with a disease. I'm not saying all mental illness is made up but I believe most can be fixed with logical thinking, something majority of you can't seem to grasp.

Here's a link explaining more how mental illness ratio numbers was down in the 60's, 70s and 80s

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ssues-the-rise

Let me guess, you also voted for this hippie we have in office who sympathizes with terrorists?
i don't see exactly what you're trying to say here?

any organ in the body is susceptible to disease or problems, why would the brain be any different?

the brain is possibly the most complex organ too, and possiblY one of the most complex structures in the universe, so it makes sense how these problems are not well understood or easily treatable

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 07-24-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
Can you explain how logical thinking can help someone who hears voices in their head, telling him to kill himself?

Or how logical thinking can help when he thinks there's a listening device in the cable modem, planted by the authorities?

I don't know your background, but please enlighten us on your expertise in handling mental illness, since you seem so well versed in it.
1) Because there's nothing logical about you if you hear voices in your head.

2) Stop doing drugs or stop selling drugs.

3) None of your damn business what I do for work.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #73
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
lol, Dr. Google checking in

funeral costs? Bennington is worth $30M, his family will probably be fine financially.

some times you just gotta do you, and not worry about the emotional impact on others. Do you call those who divorce in an unhealthy relationship to be selfish? THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #74

Quote:
None of your damn business who I voted for

There is a major difference between whiny, delicate, snowflake millennials who THINK they have a mental illness and people who legitimately have a mental illness.

The former are composed of individuals who voluntarily refuse to think logically, whereas the latter have a desire to but are just not capable of doing so.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #75
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post

if you're talking about some down and out single mom living on welfare in a crack shack, sure..

Chester had a net worth of 30 million dollars when he died.. a man of virtually unlimited resources, not someone siting in an alley feeling sad.