REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #26
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Huge loss to the music community. Very saddened by this because I grew up listening to their music.

RIP
Advertisement

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #27
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I was so excited to see them this Oct. Concert and whatever left of their tour will probably be cancelled
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #28
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
RIP

Glad i got to see him at Rogers Arena a few yrs ago

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,116 Times in 980 Posts
He sounded amazing live in concert.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Remember when linkin park was just called hybrid theory and they only had a few songs for digital download

I remember a friend gave me the song "in the end" back in 2000s when he recorded from his pc after he download it (don't remember where) and told me about this band called hybrid theory

Blasted that one song over and over again intill someone ruin my tape,it was great memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
damn, this one's tough one. i, too, grew up listening to LP and absolutely loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

sad

Last edited by roflwaffle604; 07-20-2017 at 10:37 PM.
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #32
I came, I saw, I conquered.

WTF, no...
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #33
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
When Cornell passed, it pretty much wrecked Chester. You can see Mike describing the day of the Jimmy Kimmel shoot for One More Light

that performance... stands out amongst the MANY MANY great moments Chester has had due to the sheer emotion and power of the track

Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #34
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
They were my first concert. My 16th birthday present from my mom. Me and my 2 best friends sat 6 rows from the front at the Orpheum. I've followed them from the beginning and watched their sound change and evolve over the years. Sometimes I liked it, sometimes I couldn't believe they thought that was music. But in the end, his passion and energy will be sorely missed. I'll always be a diehard LP fan, no matter what happens. RIP Chester, your pain is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I was so excited to see them this Oct. Concert and whatever left of their tour will probably be cancelled
Got tickets as well to the show in October. Waiting for the official announcement.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #37
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
Got tickets as well to the show in October. Waiting for the official announcement.
Linkin Park Cancel Tour After Chester Bennington's Death - Rolling Stone

its cancelled
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #38
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Now that i think about it...they were the only band that I bought the CD on when I was a kid.

sad news...
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,116 Times in 980 Posts
Chesters last interview about his thoughts

Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #40
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I was 26 when linkin park came out. My little bros were in their early teens though and they loved LP. I get it. When I was 17, Cobain took his own life. It's crazy to think about how those we looked up to are gone, but that's the way life goes.

RIP.
I introduced LP to my kids and they loved them. Seeing the next generation bummed about a band from our gen being broken by loss is sad.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:13 PM   #41
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,843 Times in 8,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I was 26 when linkin park came out. My little bros were in their early teens though and they loved LP. I get it. When I was 17, Cobain took his own life. It's crazy to think about how those we looked up to are gone, but that's the way life goes.

RIP.
I introduced LP to my kids and they loved them. Seeing the next generation bummed about a band from our gen being broken by loss is sad.
Exact same here man. I was a bit too old to appreciate it but my teen siblings in law LOVE the band and Chester. They were really sad when they found out, which made me think of who would make me that sad when they pass. There aren't many
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:01 PM   #42
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i've become more open to people who choose to end their life, but i'd hardly call it going out with a bang or if it's for some moral cause

RIP...I still remember the hype when Meteora dropped.
I'm sure being famous brings different problems to deal with but I've always thought people who end their life just don't have a strong backbone.

Heard a quote once to be nice to everybody you meet because each person is fighting their own battles.

Granted I didn't have a bad upbringing so I'm not one to talk but stuffs just gonna keep happening to you just gotta learn how to deal with it

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2017, 04:19 AM   #43
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Chesters last interview about his thoughts

https://youtu.be/Aqi8_6sWiN0
Very in line with this piece on the person Chester, not the musician

The Chester Bennington I Knew - Metal Hammer
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 06:57 AM   #44
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I'm sure being famous brings different problems to deal with but I've always thought people who end their life just don't have a strong backbone.

Heard a quote once to be nice to everybody you meet because each person is fighting their own battles.

Granted I didn't have a bad upbringing so I'm not one to talk but stuffs just gonna keep happening to you just gotta learn how to deal with it
Thing with people like this is they've obviously just come to the end and nothing really matters...

But honestly you've obviously got some demons or just have given up on life when you're Chester, robin Williams etc. fuck music fuck comedy you've got millions of dollars just go do whatever the fuck it is that makes you happy, if that's shooting fucking heroin for 20 years go for it.

People have the money and resources to do it but are obviously just that deep into it that death is a better option
Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #45
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,549 Times in 5,149 Posts
Not having a sense of self or self identity, every day just feeling like you're an actor portraying who you think you're supposed to be portraying and having no idea what actually makes you happy makes for a difficult situation mentally and, perhaps, the inability to enjoy life.

Think of it like mental tinnitus, constant ringing in your ears, it drives you mad but in this case, instead of ringing, it's your own voice telling you how much you suck 24/7. It's mental illness. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. You don't just turn that off like a light switch and say "Time to just enjoy all my money!"
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #46
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,843 Times in 8,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Not having a sense of self or self identity, every day just feeling like you're an actor portraying who you think you're supposed to be portraying and having no idea what actually makes you happy makes for a difficult situation mentally and, perhaps, the inability to enjoy life.

Think of it like mental tinnitus, constant ringing in your ears, it drives you mad but in this case, instead of ringing, it's your own voice telling you how much you suck 24/7. It's mental illness. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. You don't just turn that off like a light switch and say "Time to just enjoy all my money!"
Wrong. All you need is a strong backbone.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #47
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

Strong backbone? Really?
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #48
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I guess what you're trying to say is that in the end it doesn't even matter?

Spoiler!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #49
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

This is slightly untrue. To be honest, I think it takes a surreal amount of courage to commit suicide.

When one commits you suicide, you don't realize how much your involuntary instincts take over to prevent your self-harm. Even though your mind is saying go, your body will defy your mind in front of your eyes in self preservation; so the amount of pain, and warped thoughts it takes to overcome that self-preservation instincts must be far more incredible than your typical people judge it to be, when they call such a thing as the "easy way".
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #50
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
Yea takes hella courage to leave 6 kids behind