REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Trudeau government fearful a massive refugee surge could hurt 2019 re-election campai

Advertisement

Last edited by zyzzjr; 03-29-2018 at 11:14 AM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
In my opinion, true refugees with good reason shouldn't be turned away.

Those who are just crossing illegally because their green cards in the US ran out shouldn't be allowed

If anyone blames the Liberals for being too soft, you can always look back at 2010 when that ship load of Tamil migrants came in. The Conservatives never sent them back either.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
In my opinion, true refugees with good reason shouldn't be turned away.

Those who are just crossing illegally because their green cards in the US ran out shouldn't be allowed
Agreed. I imagine it doesn't sit well with those who went through the proper process to legally enter the country either, from my understanding it takes a fair bit of time and effort to do so.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,775 Times in 3,871 Posts
its difficult. genuine refugees should be accepted... but hard to maybe weed out those who are just cheating the system and coming over. i have a lot of british family who have struggled over the years to finally come to canada and be citizens etc etc, its frustrating to see people just jump the ditch and get handed housing and welfare...
Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,249 Times in 2,361 Posts
It's simple, enter illegally = get deported. I'm sick and tired of people breaking our laws and getting a slap on the wrist while others have to wait for years to get a chance to become a citizen.

JT and the Liberals better get their act together because the sentiment against immigrants and open borders has changed ever since Trump got in office. People are fed up with the gov't and hot button issues like immigration further fuel their anger.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 08-24-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: wrong link
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
If anyone blames the Liberals for being too soft, you can always look back at 2010 when that ship load of Tamil migrants came in. The Conservatives never sent them back either.
Apples to oranges, the ones coming from the states are coming from a safe country and are not eligible to be refugees. The Tamils were actually somewhat legit refugees, and despite that they were still detained unlike most refugees.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
Apples to oranges, the ones coming from the states are coming from a safe country and are not eligible to be refugees. The Tamils were actually somewhat legit refugees, and despite that they were still detained unlike most refugees.
Well, no it's really apples to apples.

The article says that these people have Temporary Protected Status in the US that's expiring. You don't get TPS unless you're a refugee of some sort.

From US Immigration site:

"What is TPS

The Secretary of Homeland Security may designate a foreign country for TPS due to conditions in the country that temporarily prevent the country's nationals from returning safely, or in certain circumstances, where the country is unable to handle the return of its nationals adequately. USCIS may grant TPS to eligible nationals of certain countries (or parts of countries), who are already in the United States. Eligible individuals without nationality who last resided in the designated country may also be granted TPS.

The Secretary may designate a country for TPS due to the following temporary conditions in the country:

Ongoing armed conflict (such as civil war)
An environmental disaster (such as earthquake or hurricane), or an epidemic
Other extraordinary and temporary conditions"
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
Haitians are good hard working people though, really doing well in their own country after that earthquake 10 years ago.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Last edited by zyzzjr; 03-29-2018 at 11:14 AM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote