REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
Mixed Reality

so Google Glass and Microsoft HoloLens are still pre-dominately in enterprise due to cost while the widest AR adoption so far has been Pokemon GO and Snapchat

MS has released the reference design of an affordable hololens platform to 3rd party companies kinda like how video cards are shipped

that platform is to integrated AR and VR but it seems initially the first wave will be VR but without the need for external sensors (since it has hololens' inside-out trackers)...i got to try one in-person and they're the evolution to the Vive, more affordable and can run on low-end systems with integrated graphics/old GPUs. Surprisingly comfortable and the potential imo is greater than the oculus/HTC

found an in-depth video from a developer on its strengths & limitations

launching next month 300 USD+ with SteamVR support incoming and i'm sure inevitable support for the XBOX One X as well

will this help head-mounted displays proliferate or just another dud stuck in tech demos?
Advertisement

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-09-2017 at 02:47 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
dev preview now on Steam
Windows Mixed Reality SteamVR preview on Steam

Samsung releasing one with 1600p OLED, 110 FoV, IPD hardware adjustments and AKG headphones

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...1r774pdkk/f5mr
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote