REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Have you ever walked out on your Job?

What's up gang. I wanna hear some stories of people walking out on their jobs and what was the reason (s)?

I'll start. I have been with the company for 13 years. Im a team leader in a meat factory. Over the years I have made things faster and cheaper for my bosses. Reaching great numbers for them. Since October rolled around. I finnaly felt under appreciated and not motivated. Never got promoted like I should have been.

So couple days ago. 3 hours into my shift. I told my partner "F this. I quit!" dropped my hard hat to the ground and walked out. HR tried to reach me never answered. but I'll probably go back in tomorrow and hand em my 2 weeks. If I can even last another 2 weeks.

What's your stories or stories?
Advertisement
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
You said fuck it and just walked but now plan to go back and give your 2 weeks then work another 2 weeks? I'd boot your ass out the door as soon I see you even try to get back in the door. That bridge be burned dog, I don't know what your future plans are but this may be one of your biggest mistakes you'll ever make.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #3

Lol. Thing is HR wants me to hand them a letter saying i will resign. It will probably bite me in my ass. But I can honestly say IM HAPPY
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Is this honeymoon period of happiness really worth it to burn this bridge you wasted building for the last 13 years?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Is this honeymoon period of happiness really worth it to burn this bridge you wasted building for the last 13 years?
Good question. Probably not. I'm just fed up need a change. Tired of seeing other getting promoted. While I've been stuck for years now.
I'm gonna take a different trade. When I walked out. I felt so much happier and felt more opportunities are gonna open. May take a while but that's fine with me
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
There's the right and wrong way to do things.

I'm happy you finally made the change you've been wanting. Probably should've just given two weeks.

What you gonna do for references now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
There's the right and wrong way to do things.

I'm happy you finally made the change you've been wanting. Probably should've just given two weeks.

What you gonna do for references now?
I'm probably screwed on references. It's been my first job since high school. I've worked along side my supervisor for a decade and completed all task for him. He better give me a reference lol
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
I'm probably screwed on references. It's been my first job since high school. I've worked along side my supervisor for a decade and completed all task for him. He better give me a reference lol
If you worked with your supervisor for a decade, walking out on them like that is a poor choice (without knowing your relationship to them).

I've been with my current company for over two years and I gave my boss a heads up two months early (out of respect) that I might be leaving come November.

If you only worked at your job for a few days to a few weeks, then I can understand walking out like that.. but 13 years? I don't know.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
I STILL don't get it

Ive always left my jobs immediately if unhappy. Money isnt worth the stress tbh cuz it affects your body in ways that a lot of people dont notice. Never been worried about finding another cuz something always pops up. I have a lot of experience in administration contract work and I don't mind the contracts. In 2013, I left my Optometry job suddenly (I let them know 2 weeks ahead) and went to the island to learn how to be Vietnamese and do nails lol. The only time I was a bit strapped for cash for bills, I randomly got a CRA return of 2500 lol. I didn't touch it for 3 days and I called them a few times to double check it was mine. It was and to this day i still am not clear on how. My friends refer to me as some sort of job/money luck box cuz something happens one way or another that I'm always comfortable. Im pretty sure it's only cuz I don't live my life in fear financially/career wise.

For references, all u need is a buddy who knows how to sound professional. Just give the title as your former super who is no longer with the company. I do this cuz I'm very confident in my skillset. My average training on a new company software system has maxed out in 2 days if it's supposed to be an avg 2 week training period. I've worked for international companies who have been impressed with my training speed, so even if the reference may not be 100% I know I can handle my shit lol. A lot of the time I leave on good terms, it's just I move around quite a bit I have a hard time remembering who my boss is.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #10
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
Only job I walked out on was a hand job

Had to finish it myself
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #11
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
There was that guy at Twitter today who shut down Trump's account on his last day at work. Probably shut it down, logged out and exited the office.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

What Razor said.

It's unfortunate that you spazed quit. Reference letters are helpful these days + references.

And not to mention bills gotta be paid
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Lol, why the island to learn nails, tons on kingsway!

But MSREE makes a good point, just get a buddy to lie/pretend. I was one for a buddy and he had a shit resume. luck of draw, got an interview, did good on interview, and I was his phone reference. He got a solid job, as a result.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #14
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Should've ate it and gave your 2 weeks. Hell, you could've called in sick for half of them.

Only job I walked out on, was when I was 16. Got hired at Student Painters. I met the supervisor at a guy's carport and he said to scrape all the paint off, then paint the whole thing. He knew I had no experience but didn't show me how he wanted it done or give me any other help. He was literally there for 5 minutes, dropped off some supplies and said do it. 30 minutes into it, I'm like fuck this bullshit and left. He didn't even call to see wtf happened. No ragerts.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #15
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Lol, why the island to learn nails, tons on kingsway!

But MSREE makes a good point, just get a buddy to lie/pretend. I was one for a buddy and he had a shit resume. luck of draw, got an interview, did good on interview, and I was his phone reference. He got a solid job, as a result.
Hahaha my friends family owns a salon out there so we went down and lived with them. It was fun cuz towards the end I could speak some viet with her fam and the summers on the island are amazing lol. The beaches are so clean, water is crystal clear, almost white sand, not crowded. Twas the shit lol
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
7 years ago, I was in the same situation as you. I worked for a distribution warehouse and rose quickly to Team Lead after 1 year. I worked there for 3 years and in my 2nd year, I started feeling under appreciated. I wanted a Supervisor position very bad, but an old timer got it when the opportunity came around. I was pissed because the supervisor was consistently favoring other employees over a group of us.

Looking back now, even though I worked there for 3 years, it was a stupid and childish move. You feel happier because you think you showed them that you don't need them. However, in the end, you took a great loss. 13 years of credibility that nobody at that company will ever mention if your future employer calls them. They'll probably mention that you walked out without giving notice. It's always better to be the bigger man, and leave like a man, and leave with a good image of yourself.

IMO, promotions are nice, but not getting them is not worth quitting for. The grass may not always be greener on the other side. And while it is still green on this side, cherish and embrace it. I've seen many who got promoted to Supervisor position, only to fail because they never possess the skill to micro manage in the first place. And if you naturally do have the skill to get promoted to a higher position, your colleagues and supervisors will see that and would recommend you to the managers. Which is how I moved to Team Lead so fast.

The bottom line is, if you love what you do, do it with a passion. Don't let higher pay, a title, or a position be your main priority. It is these kind of things that lead you away from what you do best. I'm not telling you to steer away from your goal, just as long as you focus on doing what you love to do, all the perks will follow.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 04:35 AM   #17
Need to Seek Professional Help

When I was 18 I had a job helping a guy with a janitorial owner/operator business. We had agreed to $15/h paid at end of the shift and at the end of the day the guy told me he would double my pay if I would let him massage me. I said "fuck that," kept the pay that he originally owed me and didn't show back up the next day.

He ended up calling me back the next day asking me why I didn't go into work. Told him to never call again... I found the job ad on Craigslist. Last time I ever looked for work on Craigslist.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #18
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Unionized job?

Return and go on stress leave. Give yourself some time to consider things carefully. I've had thoughts of throwing in the towel and saying fuck it and let my bosses deal with all the work I do...work they're able to do but no where near the way I'm able to do it. Delete all the contacts in my phone and computer and tell them it's their problem now, but then I think about what my future options would be and for what I do I doubt I'd ever find another position similar to my current one.

Or you could just return and tell them what your problems are and hope they address them. Ultimatum style, X X X needs to be changed or I'll be seeking employment elsewhere in the near future.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #19
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
When I was 18 I had a job helping a guy with a janitorial owner/operator business. We had agreed to $15/h paid at end of the shift and at the end of the day the guy told me he would double my pay if I would let him massage me. I said "fuck that," kept the pay that he originally owed me and didn't show back up the next day.

He ended up calling me back the next day asking me why I didn't go into work. Told him to never call again... I found the job ad on Craigslist. Last time I ever looked for work on Craigslist.
The company called, 'Spacey Janitorial'?
FlyinOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:30 AM   #20
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
^ was it a foot massage? or happy ending?

OP - I always tell people: Sometimes you need to move out to move up. That may mean different things to different people, and that is the point. I don't agree with the walking out part, but I do completely understand just mentally being tapped out with an employer; I have left a few very good jobs largely due to the people I worked with, and I am doing very well for myself now - as I always mentally sunk more into improving everywhere I set my next foot forward. I hope you find what you are looking for, and I'm sure you will if you believe it yourself.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 05:52 AM   #21
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
superstore warehouse when I was like 16

went something like this

Last edited by Vansterdam; 11-03-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #22
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,709 Times in 3,133 Posts
ive walked out on 2 jobs. one as a bank teller right after university and one this year after 10+ of railroading. But you know what, they have to give you a reference.. and if its a really negative and a bad reference you can sue them for defamation (if you somehow find out about it). With my railroading gig, i knew enough of the supply chain partners and ports that i got glowing reviews from those guys. Found a job with the ports within 1 month of walking out. I left railroad in may, found a better, higher paying job in June.

Keep your chin up, you probably did the right thing for yourself. Just dont get too worked up about advancement. Sometimes its not always a good thing.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 06:26 AM   #23
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Good question. Probably not. I'm just fed up need a change. Tired of seeing other getting promoted. While I've been stuck for years now.
I'm gonna take a different trade. When I walked out. I felt so much happier and felt more opportunities are gonna open. May take a while but that's fine with me
Did you ever talk to your superior about it? (e.g. feeling under appreciated, missed promotion opportunity, etc)
Honesty helps, people don't know how you feel if you don't say it.
If you don't say it, your managers will just think you are happy and content with what you are doing...

Good things often goes to those who demand it more than those who deserves it.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #24
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Not exactly walk out but I used to work at McDonalds in my younger days and I specifically told them no graveyard shifts (store was 24hour) so a few months in and I got my schedule for the week and I was schedule for graveyards all of my shift. Went to talk to the manger and I specifically said no graveyard and they agree to do it otherwise I wouldn't even work there. Pretty much told him they can get someone to replace my shift or they will be one guy short.

The day before my graveyard shift nothing is change so I just never show up. They call like a few hours into my shift and I told this is what is going to happen so is not like I give them enough time make the change. I guess the supervisor proceed to lecture me how this is irresponsible on my part and how I just burn my bridges with them etc etc. I just told them 1. I told you I won't do graveyard right when I was doing the interview 2. Tell you guys I am not going to do graveyard shift right when I saw my schedule and ask you guys to change the schedule. So I am not the irresponsible person here you guys just didn't give a shit till is too late and hung up.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #25
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Never walk out on a job and never burn bridges no matter how much you are fed up with it. You should always take the higher road here and never say fuck it and quit especially for the length of time you worked there.

I worked at my last job for 8 years and hated it but still gave my two weeks notice which worked out since they sent me home right away and paid those two weeks out which was required.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: