REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
petty theft 49th & Nanaimo

hi RS community,

on Sunday night while working on my car in the front, I accidently opened my garage in the back-alley with the remote and some passer-by took a few belongings.

some used items that I was gonna give to charity, an empty box , a hard drive, some bike accessories and basically a spanking new carbon bicycle

after I discovered my things were gone, I spent few minutes trying to see what was taken. I heard rustling outside and went to check on it, found the thief with my bike in the neighbour's driveway. He tried to claim he found it outside my gate and booked it. At that moment I was more concerned about securing my bike first.

He was an Asian man in his 60s, had a slight Cantonese accent, walked with a slight limp, wears an aged blue bomber jacket...his profile fits those seniors who go around looking for recycling bottles. Funny thing, he was in my dash cam video...possibly scoping out round 2 but saw me return to the garage...i'm assuming remorse kicked in/had a change of heart and wanted to bring the bike back anon, who knows

already have a police report...just relieved to have my bike back and don't care too much about the other items...just thought I'd give those in the area a head's-up and remain vigilant...may be keep an eye out for this man as I wouldn't put it past him living nearby.
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Shoulda dinged that azz
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,695 Times in 3,126 Posts
Fuck him. Fuck his age. Fuck his ethnicity. A theif is a theif. Hang him !!! Stupid gimped old Chinese piece of shit.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
he was in my dash cam video...
Is there a decent view of him on the footage? Can you post a screen cap or clip?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #5

was raining fair bit that night, so the footage wouldn't help any more than my description
Old 11-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

I live 4 blocks south of you.

Quite often times see senior Asians in the alley looking thru the garbage/recycling bins.

During the summer, my dad grows squashes and other veg... some people have snuck into the garden and took some of the veg.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:51 AM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

Quite often times see senior Asians in the alley looking thru the garbage/recycling bins.

During the summer, my dad grows squashes and other veg... some people have snuck into the garden and took some of the veg.
they're pretty damn aggressive.
When I used to live near Rupert Stn, they would literally walk up the stairs, open the gate and look around our rear deck for cans/etc who knows what.
Confront them and they're like "oh i'm just looking for cans"
Like fuck you, gtfo our property.
I don't care if they look through th blue box on garbage day but it's a different story when they actually get on the property
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 04:16 AM   #8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

People have taken your dad's veggies..?
That's fucked wtf
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #9
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
This sounds like a job for the RS Beat Down Crew
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
That's fucked wtf
Maybe they were hungry...

Or maybe there's some sort of veggies black market. The squashes and stuff my grandparents grow are HUGE, sometimes bigger than what you find at the grocery
Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #11
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
That's fucked wtf
Indeed.
This is from October 2017.

Quote:
Bandits in luxury cars stealing pumpkins in Richmond
Farmer puts up fence to stop drivers of BMWs and Mercedes vehicles from stealing his crop

People driving the likes of $100,000-plus luxury vehicles are backing into George Gens’ fields and stealing his pumpkins, prompting the farmer to erect fences around his G J Farm in south Richmond.

“I don’t know what to say; it’s hard. People look through, grab, that’s why we have to put a fence up,” said Gens, who immigrated to Canada in 1989 from Paraguay, where he was raised on a family farm.

“It’s not that they take pumpkin, it’s that they steal. I grew up in small place; no one steals; they need food, they ask. I don’t mind.
“If they come to us, they cannot afford, I will give it to them. I see many people; they are poor. They need something, I say take, take, it costs me $2,” said Gens.

But, “it breaks my heart to see a car — $80,000 — come and steal,” said Gens, whose rental fence cost $1,600.

This, he hopes, should prevent the BMW, Range Rover and Mercedes vehicles from accessing his fields. But many, he said, still seem undeterred as they move the fence's emergency exit to back their vehicles in.

Gens said he has only experienced the theft at such rates over the past four years.

“First we put a sign, ‘No Trespassing,’ and then we put a sign in Chinese and English. But people don’t care, they go right into the field and steal,” said Gens, noting all his big pumpkins have been stolen.

“When you see someone steal something that pleases everybody, I’m not too happy,” said Gens, who wakes up most days at 4:30 a.m. to start work on his 85-acre vegetable farm.

Gens said from his home he hears the vehicles come in at night, after his dogs start barking at them. He said even during the day he's confronted some thieves, who proceed to claim ignorance.
He said he's recently installed cameras, hoping to catch the perpetrators.

Bandits in luxury cars stealing pumpkins in Richmond

c/n's: Folks in 6 figure cars stealing $5-$10 pumpkins. Signs in english and chinese, but no fucks were given.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Gotta contact those Deans.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Part 1
https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._on_camera_by/

Part2
https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...d_melon_thief/
-"--"-

Last edited by Doubl3_H; 11-22-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #14

put up tire belt that police use.. . free pumpkins with cost of replacing tires.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
It's these greedy ass Chinese seniors that are part of the group of C-Lai's, the mainlanders that give CBC's like me a bad name!

Maybe if you put some empty pop bottles and a trail of salt near your garage, that should be enough bait to lure the geezer back so that you can take a picture.

RS Beatdown crew needs a pic of this piece of shit before they can take action.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #16
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
a trail of salt near your garage
Did someone say salt?!

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #17

wow cringed so hard at those melon thief footages
one thing to pick it off a tree accessible from the sidewalk...to open the gate, trespass and look around?
like the pumpkin farm article, JUST FUCKING ASK! chances are they'll give it to you for free..geez
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #18
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Pumpkin Bandits - I'd be tempted to setup some sort of sprinkler system and turn it on and off from your living room. Maybe toss in some of those nasty pesticides, but that may make the problem worse in future years when the idiots start breeding.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 11-22-2017 at 03:53 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #19
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I'm within 4-5 blocks south of you as well. If you have a Blockwatch group for your street, forward them the info too, they can pass it along to the VPD cop that's assigned to the BW program and forward an alert out as well to the other BW groups nearby.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #20
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I'm in the area as well. Whenever enter/leave garage, I close the garage door right away. Always see idiots trying to peek in when they walk by or drive by. E.g. You look straight ahead when you drive, seen people looking into my garage as they pass by while the vehicle is going forward. Don't even have anything valuable in garage, just junk lol.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #21

When I pull my car out of the driveway, I always ensure the garage door closes completely before driving off.

haha I love peaking into people's garage when I drive by...tells me a lot about their personality (neat freaks, cool hobbies, hoarder etc.)

I'm a hoarder living in a small suite so the garage doubles as a small storage. I've lived in the neighbourhood for 20 years and never had B&E or trespassers, may be time to install dummie cams?
Old 11-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #22

population's only ever gonna go up around here, might as well install real cameras
Old 11-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #23
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Had a thief break into our garage last month. It was stupid of me to not have my car locked (however I have nothing valuable in the car, maybe saved myself a broken window?). Thief turned on the lights and my brother saw the light come on from the kitchen, so he went to check. My bro is a pretty big guy that goes to the gym like 10 times a week, he went into the garage and saw the douche coming out of my car. My london drugs sunglasses and a Groupon portable charger in his hand.
The thief made up some crap that he was hiding in my car from some "guys" that were looking for him. He said the sunglasses were his.
Coincidence that I was on my way home with my wife and drove into the garage 30 seconds later. I thought my bro was chatting with a friend when I first drove in. I got out of the car and my bro is like "this asshole is stealing our shit" so my wife called the cops while me and my bro told him to stand there or shit would go down. He kept trying to walk away but we held him back and stood in front of him.

Police arrived promptly (~2-3 min?) and arrested him. Cop took our statement, told us to go to a court date later on to prosecute him, if we don't go as witness he will be free again.
Cop said he is known to them, he has been stealing shit in the area for a while. A couple of cameras have recorded him but they couldn't catch him. He actually ran into an open back door during the summer and grabbed an iPad from a table.

Anyway so the cops searched him and pulled all his shit out, he actually had some needles in his backpack. Thinking back, might have been smarter to let him go... not worth the risk. But the heat of the moment I wasn't gonna let this petty ass thief run free in our area.

Cops said he will be in jail overnight then free until court date? And if we see him again, even just walking around our neighbourhood we should call the police again...
Honestly what a joke...

Rough description - Late 20's, Native, 5"11' ish, shaved hair. Stocky build.
King Edward and Oak Street area.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #24
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,695 Times in 3,126 Posts
That's Vancouver for you. I actually like living in Richmond for the safety factor. I've left my garage open accidentally a couple of times for hours on end. Nothing every gets stolen (knock on wood). That's the benefit of being in a cul De sac within a cul-de-sac. Everyone knows each other and there is no reason for strangers to entire the area.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #25

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Again, shoulda dinged that azz.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote