REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Parents high criteria on suitable girl (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714213-parents-high-criteria-suitable-girl.html)

lambo76 01-29-2018 02:45 PM

Parents high criteria on suitable girl

Got gf at moment but have yet introduce her to my parents. I knew her a while.My nosey parents would ask what she do for living and I’ll tell them she works at factory making clothes, does she drive they ask and I say no, ask what her parents do and I say one works at restaurant and another works at factory. They don’t speak English.
My parents ask me why she lived in Canada since age of 8 and she’s 30 now and doing a low end job and why she can’t drive or no drivers licesne.

They are telling me find someone who is smarter than me, strong, and can help me and provide family and give value and benefit into our current household or why even marry her. Mom also mentioned if girl can drive that daughter in law can driver her around. Lol. Mom said she getting old and we need someone to help us out. Lol how many girls these days in Canada would cook and clean and work full time job as professional and at same time marry an office assistant guy

The thing is if girl has a high end job aka lawyer and drives a bmw why would she date me. They also want a guy who’s also successful white collar. I also got low end job lol

You comments and thoughts please

Armind 01-29-2018 02:47 PM

Time to be a gold digger.

lambo76 01-29-2018 02:59 PM

They also don’t like girls who wear makeup , get
Nails done or any pretty stuff. They think it’s waste of money. they mainly looking for homely women who also makes the money and stays home and does household work
Someone who you marry can be of great added benefit and value to me and my parents in helping them be it doing the taxes, driving mom to grocery shopping, great financial management and can take care of family and other stuff .....etc

Hondaracer 01-29-2018 03:01 PM

Have fun with that.

dapperfied 01-29-2018 03:02 PM

Maybe you should become the suitable girl for them? :troll:

underscore 01-29-2018 03:15 PM

Are your parents marrying her, or are you?

CivicBlues 01-29-2018 03:33 PM

Tell your parents she sucks a mean cock and that's all that should matter to them.

/thread

dapperfied 01-29-2018 03:35 PM

Or tell them they should be glad you're not gay.

yray 01-29-2018 05:02 PM

tell her she owns factory and doesn't drive cuz chauffeured around

but she needs you to show sincerity by refinancing your parents place to buy another house :troll:

hchang 01-29-2018 05:32 PM

Lol fuck dude you're a grown ass man do what makes YOU happy, not your parents.

Of course that doesn't mean completely disregard your parents way of meaning well and wanting the best for you.

If you're happy then extend the truth, don't lie but hide some facts.

What does she do? She's a supervisor at a company who makes clothes. Shes a manager at a factory that makes clothes. Shes a HR rep, she's an Union rep, she's a quality assurance controller. The list goes on.

When me and my buddies go to Vegas we all go in with a practiced career story.

You can make any job sound fancier than it is.
Dishwasher? Naw man I'm an underwater ceramic technician.
Hold signs at side of road saying "Hot n Ready Pizza $5"? Naw man I'm in marketing for a Fortune 500 Company.

hal0g0dv2 01-29-2018 06:57 PM

is your dad planning to fuck your girl ? tell your parents to fuck off. I can't stand parents like that. I get it they want the best for you and everything but if you are both happy that is really all that matters

SkinnyPupp 01-29-2018 07:23 PM

Your parents have ruined you

MSREE 01-29-2018 07:25 PM

Are you 16? Stop being a pussy lol

coneZONE 01-29-2018 07:32 PM

Not sure if it's culture or whatnot... "traditional"? but I think it's kind of selfish for one's mom to expect her kid's wife to drive her around and do things for her. I know my own parents won't expect that, but would be grateful if was offered to them, and likewise with me when it comes to that time. And how could one person be working all the time to make money, and also expected to do all the household shit at the same time? Silly expectations...

v_tec 01-29-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambo76 (Post 8885349)
They are telling me find someone who is smarter than me, strong

.........so, pretty much ANY girl out there?

Hondaracer 01-29-2018 09:16 PM

I’d hope your parents both have excellent careers to be demanding so much otherwise if I was the chick I’d be thinking why the fuck do I have to prop up this guys fucking parents? They should have handled their own shit.

radioman 01-29-2018 09:18 PM

Hey , congrats on the GF. I feel like it was just last year you were trying your hardest to get one. Now that you have one I say hold on if you feel like there is something truly there. Best of luck man!

Armind 01-29-2018 09:23 PM

But... you drive a lambo..

danned 01-29-2018 09:41 PM

we should bang the girl

TOS'd 01-29-2018 09:43 PM

Joe all grown up. :tears:

Tone Loc 01-30-2018 06:23 AM

Like others have said above, ultimately you are the one dating her, not your parents. They have some fucked up expectations if they genuinely think the woman you're dating should take care of them too. If any girl ever told me that I would laugh and walk away. Be a man and politely tell them to fuck off. I've seen too many people who dated others because "they look good on paper" or "my parents like him/her" only to be miserable because that's not the person they want. If you are good for each other and you are both happy, fuck what everyone else thinks. Not your friends, not your coworkers, not your family. Life's too short to try to please everyone.

I get it, it's a cultural thing, my parents were the same way with always telling me to date another Filipino chick.... even in high school I didn't listen to them and I sure as hell won't now. Tone's got a thing for thick white booty :)

DragonChi 01-30-2018 06:25 AM

I think you need to take that gender identity course that Chilliwack School Board is offering.

hal0g0dv2 01-30-2018 08:00 AM

I have been there man, My current GF I have been dating for over 8 years, her parents are old school Chinese culture. I am white as fuck. When we first started dating I did not make 100k a year, doctor or own 5 houses. And I am 4 times the size of her parents. They wanted nothing to do with me cause I was white and just another white guy u know. As the years went on I made better money every year invested my money and got a pretty decent job. Its almost like you have to hit a check list for these Asian cultures or something. But the whole time this was going on, I told myself they are missing out cause I am good person and they are missing the opportunity to know me and get to know me as a person. I actually know a big portion of the Victoria Chinese population and have donated time with them ect. They blew me off at the start so I don't care anymore and they have missed the boat to get to know me and share my life with them. Yeah it does suck I do not go over for dinners or go golfing but my family had brought my GF into the family so it does not matter. Life is short dude and am not going to let someone or someone's parents dictate who I spend the rest of my life with

ZN6 01-30-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambo76 (Post 8885349)
They don’t speak English.

Quote:

she’s 30 now and doing a low end job
Quote:

I also got low end job lol
What a coincidence. What makes you think you deserve someone to carry you?

unit 01-30-2018 10:10 AM

my parents reject my girlfriend because she's from what they think is an incompatible culture. i don't really care what they think because they're the ones being intolerant and ignorant. it does make my relationship with my family harder but that's their choice not mine! i assume that eventually they'll come around.