REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

For me, I usually find my self speeding through that stretch because I'm used to the highway speed, and the road has no turns that require me to slow down. I haven't been that way for about 8 months, but that's what I can remember.

I do however, worry about pedestrians jay walking, since it is through a town.

I find myself comfortable going 80 down that part of the highway, but if it wasn't through the middle of the town, or if they put up walls so people can't walk across, then I'd be going faster for sure.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Re-test every time you're at fault for an accident?
Maybe harsh, but it'll really weed out the people who deserve to drive, and the idiots that shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Being a good/safe driver simply means you know how to adapt your speed to the current conditions and scenario. It has nothing to do with speed.
I don't even know when's the last time I used my speedometer while driving. I speed up and slow down accordingly to what I feel comfortable, and if my driving record means anything, looks like I'm doing a pretty good job assessing my situations. I've never had a single accident being at fault in almost 20 years of driving. And I would consider myself a pretty aggressive driver who likes speed, but simply knows when to pick and choose the right places to do it.

IMO, if you need to rely on a sign to know what speed you should be going, I think you already fail at being a good driver.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 02-07-2018 at 08:08 PM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

LOL. Unfortunately I failed the other day to read the speed limit sign coming out of yvr airport. 40km max until you hit after aviation road.

Dang integrated road side unit setup a speed trap blitz right behind the petrol Canada station....

Ruined my record for no infractions since 10 years lol
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #29
I don't get it

Thats why I wont get any car newer than 2006+ the have built in tax by the mile hardware ready to go when the laws allows for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I swear it's only a mater of time before they put GPS units in cars that track your speed and every time you go over the speed limit you get a ticket.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote