REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
agree with harvey above. You aint gonna get anything other than a 488/California T new. Maybe the F12 but i heard thats hard to get...

Even then your slot will be probably 1-2 years away if you do order it.

You can however just buy whatever they have lying around on the showroom and their used inventory at FMOV is pretty good. I bought my Maserati through special order and i waited almost a year for it. They usually dont carry THAT many new stock and even the stock they do carry are moved quite quickly.

If you want a ferrari through the proper channels, you gotta go to FMOV. Afterwards, if you wanna keep the ferrari's value you'll end up back at FMOV paying their 1500+ oil changes (every year) and the 4500+ oil changes (every 4 years).

Oh and you better not drive it much...
Oh and you better not scratch it at all....
Oh and you better not have any sort of accidents or claims on it....
Oh and you better not use any aftermarket parts....

best bet for ferrari ownership... buy a used 458 thats out of warranty and then service it yourself. I think they are hovering around 180k now... so obtainable. Afterwards pray you'll never have to sell it and then just drive the shit out of it and enjoy. If you are however inclined to sell it later on, people will ANAL YOU RAWDOG over the fact that you're the second owner, you put miles on it, and you didnt service it at the dealership. Most likely 99% of the buyers back out of the deal.

Or do what i did.. buy a Maserati (not a stinking ghibli/levente those are garbage). Same engine, more cushy, better suited for the city.

https://youtu.be/t9CTROQYwZE
unfortunately most 458s are still $220K+(high mileage) and above....$180K will get you a nice 430.......
Advertisement
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
so douchey if you're a new buyer you can't order one up,Than again some assholes would treat it as an investment and order to Flip it for something so desirable ....I'm quite sure for Hyper cars in the six figures you can't sell it for more....something crazy like in contract for McLaren P1 if you get rid of it and sell..
Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #28
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
so douchey if you're a new buyer you can't order one up,Than again some assholes would treat it as an investment and order to Flip it for something so desirable ....I'm quite sure for Hyper cars in the six figures you can't sell it for more....something crazy like in contract for McLaren P1 if you get rid of it and sell..

With Porsche if you purchased a brand new 918 you basically got access to all the limited run models so just imagine the amount of money these owners have made. The 911R was basically built for 918 owners and they turned around and made crazy amount of money flipping them.

It's all politics and it doesn't matter if you walk in and drop $500k on a car you're still treated like crap. You basically have to buy a few cars, build a relation with the dealer and at some point you'll get access to limited cars. Ferrari actually hand picks customers for their limited cars and there's been owners who've purchased few cars and still get passed. It's ridiculous.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
It's silly that people are buying cars like investments...

While on topic of car flipping... this is a big one... an acquaintance of my dad who's a car collector is trying to unload a purchase that he has yet to receive in order to fund something else.. (a plane for those interested to know)

McLaren Senna... at a slight premium over MSRP... Yay or nay as an investment?

The problem is that it'd take some time for delivery... and we'd have to arrange the import to US/CA... but I told my dad that it's interesting since he has the cash to invest and his friend is looking for a personal deal to not upset the dealership.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
your dad's acquaintance should probably PM Hyde's uncles for advice
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #31

NVM... we just figured there's no way to skip the tax or get it refunded even we are planning on permanently exporting it.

With luxury tax and all that shit in, it's 2M before it even reach CA/US.

At its original asking of 150k over its sticker price (1.12M), it looked alright for such a rare car.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #32
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
NVM... we just figured there's no way to skip the tax or get it refunded even we are planning on permanently exporting it.

With luxury tax and all that shit in, it's 2M before it even reach CA/US.

At its original asking of 150k over its sticker price (1.12M), it looked alright for such a rare car.
i dont mean to sound flippant, but if you are looking into the 2 million dollar range then obviously you arent going to have any problems buying 1-4 ferrari's. But you stated before you only got enough to buy one... soooooo.... i dont get it. Plus if you can afford the 2 million dollar car, why the hell dont you have one or three already!?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #33

Quote:
i dont mean to sound flippant, but if you are looking into the 2 million dollar range then obviously you arent going to have any problems buying 1-4 ferrari's. But you stated before you only got enough to buy one... soooooo.... i dont get it. Plus if you can afford the 2 million dollar car, why the hell dont you have one or three already!?
My dad=/=me.

Although I'm from an Asian background, my parents or even my family as a whole manage money very independently from each other.

We share resources such as connections and knowledge, but as far as money goes, it's each on their own. We have learned from very early in the age that we can forget about anything as far as inheritance goes.

My dad isn't too into cars... it's just I told him a while back that luxury cars could be an investment given the right model, so he brought the question on the other day to see my opinion as an investment.

He does have a luxury car (a Bentley), but that's it... my mom doesn't approve anything beyond that.

After so many year of work and investment, I've finally reach a level where I could entertain the idea of owning one. It's very unlike my parents whom can afford it without too much effort. For me it's a huge expense that I probably shouldn't be doing for the wellbeing of my finances... but the way I figure is... I don't want to be like my dad... to have a fortune and yet living a very modest live. I just want to have some fun while I still can. I have enough to bring food and shelter to my family. So, why not spoil myself?
Old 02-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #34

Got an update on the 488 Pista.

Unfortunately, dealer has to submit potential buyer to Ferrari HQ in Italy for approval.

They won't sell to just any guy who happens to have money.

Oh well...
Old 02-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #35
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:

Unfortunately, dealer has to submit potential buyer to Ferrari HQ in Italy for approval.

Oh well...
What a load of shit. You finally make enough money to own one but the dealer/manufacturer tells you that you can't have one because you have not jerked off enough people. They are taking all the fun out of buying/owning a high end car.

Also don't trust any of the manufactures numbers.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #36

meh not really.. you can still pick up a regular 488 in about a year or so. Special editions are special....
Old 02-27-2018, 04:19 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:
meh not really.. you can still pick up a regular 488 in about a year or so. Special editions are special....
But more and more special editions come out every year. I couldn't even get a fkn Dodge.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #38

Quote:

Oh well...
Which I already told you on the first page...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
The 488 Pista, is a Ferrari to drive mainly on a race track, plain and simple.

If someone is fortunate to have the money, and the build slot from Ferrari HQ to buy this special car, why would he/she just drive just it on local roads and highways?

Driving a 488 Pista justin the city would be an absolute waste of the car's performance potential.

-might as well buy an extra set of tires for the Pista for use on a race track to have the best driving experience possible.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #40

^

I get the mentality but what would be the justification for that? If the requirement is for people who has a history to actually track their cars, I'd be like

But the fact that only people who has enough "history" (read, made enough money for Ferrari) is allowed to even be on the list.

I'm not saying that none of these people with history don't track their cars, but Ferrari has basically excluded anyone who didn't own a Ferrari before or don't present enough value to the brand (influencer or stars, for example).

This is what frustrates me.

A car enthusiast can save all his/her life to finally own a car of their dream and yet to find out that not all the options are available to them (not even a chance) even if they can come up with enough dough.

I'm not going to kiss anybody's ass to get the car. But to be excluded and not even have a chance of ever be included is elitism in my opinion.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #41
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Lots of people have lots of money. They need to further filter the potential buyers by some criteria, and this is how they choose to do it. It actually looks like its working well, considering that your reason for purchasing is to keep the car as an investment. If you just wanted to enjoy a ferrari, you'd be happy with a 488.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

That thing is nuts. I'd be happy with a 360
sporadicMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #43
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
I'm sure if you REALLY wanted one there will be a few you can buy when they start landing with some markup on it. How much markup? Who knows

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Lots of people have lots of money.
Bingo.

You think you're balling, you think your $400k is a lot (which it is) but there's going to be another guy that has a $1m+ to drop on cars and you're going to get brushed aside by the dealer.

It's a different league when you're dealing with cars like this. There's no shortage of buyers so there's no incentives for manufactures to hand out special edition cars like candy. They also know there's buyers out there that will buy a couple cars just to get that one special edition model car so why not milk. Plus it's no secret a lot of these cars are good investments so you also attract a lot of people who aren't technically car people, they're just buying to make money.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #45

Let's be honest.... People buy these things for the badge and the prestige of ownership. If you really want to track day, you'd be better off in a Miata or a more sensible track weapon. 90% of these exotics will never see a track.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
was it the LFA that Lexus leased out so no one can flip? or am I thinking laferrari
how did that work out? i'm assuming it had a buncha loopholes
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #47
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Apparently the Pista won't be a limited run car. It will be on sale in tandem with the 488
jbansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbansal View Post
Apparently the Pista won't be a limited run car. It will be on sale in tandem with the 488
It's like the 458 Speciale (not the Aperta... which is limited to 499 IIRC), only that this time around, any buyer for the Pista needs to be approved by the HQ. And without a history... you can forget about it.