REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #3301
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
I'd make it a point that support for the sanctions have been bipartisan, but coming up with the sanctions in the first place -- is that bipartisan too?

Biden has made it abundantly clear during the campaign that he will approach the China issue by holding China to follow "international rules" with international partners. But just since when has the international community been able to hold China to follow international rules? Obama's idea of holding China accountable to "international rules" was TPP, and we can all see how effective that has been. With Biden being part of Obama's administration, and in fact, much of Biden's advisors on China were recycled staff from Obama's team, how different and effective would you expect Biden's China policy is going to be?
Well, if you're going to say talk is cheap... how does you saying Xi is "backed into a corner" (which is just a figure of speech nobody including yourself can quantify) hold any weight when China is arguably one of, if not the most, cash rich countries in the world right now?
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #3302
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Wow things have taken quite the turn, trump pulled a surprisingly close race, let's be fair, no one thought it'd be this close, he should be happy n prepared to move on and back out gracefully... But it seems like it may get nasty before it ends
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #3303
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Aren't you in Hong Kong, SkinnyPupp? So wouldn't you know better than a lot of other people how US under Trump is pushing all of China's buttons?

CB, you need to look a little more into how much China is being backed into that corner, and what the fallout is gonna be when US cuts China off from accessing technology. China has zero capabilities to produce their own advanced semiconductors, and without that access to technology, a lot of things would come to a grinding halt.

There are reasons why Biden is China's preferred choice as the next POTUS.
Actually Trump is a lot of mainlander's prefer POTUS.

-His values aligns with the nationalistic and dictator worship narrative of the CCP
-Racial Elitism, conservative value, lack of support and recognition for the marginalize
-Trump's ability to run USA to the ground leaving China the second super power of the world to benefit from its fall.

Short term and on the surface Biden looks good for China due to its perceive policies. But if you buy into "there can only be one global superpower" Trump is definitely better long term for China. Remember every 4 year USA has to deal with change again and potential spend another term undoing the previous harm. Not to mention all the non economically issue that now plague the country.

China has one long goal and zero power change (that we can foresee). Long term Trump is much better for China.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #3304
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well, if you're going to say talk is cheap... how does you saying Xi is "backed into a corner" (which is just a figure of speech nobody including yourself can quantify) hold any weight when China is arguably one of, if not the most, cash rich countries in the world right now?
68style,

I'd recommend you to look into how substantial China's claims regarding their national reserves are -- that is to say, how much do they claim to have, and how much do they actually have. Also, look into how much provincial, regional, and municipal debts the different places are under, and you will see how wealthy China really is.

Another sign to look for is how much Xi has tightened monetary outflow from China to foreign countries in recent years.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #3305

All anti China groups, especially those in the US (like the Falun Gong, hk freedom, etc) supported Trumps reelection, they didn't do that for no reason.

You may want to dismiss trumps actions against China as minimal, or ineffective (5g, Huawei, tech sanctions are not minimal or ineffective tho) but just by souring China's image globally moreso than its ever been, that is considered significant to these groups, and that is more than any other administration has done

There is no way a democrat will do as much, they will seek out to normalize relations
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 03:32 PM   #3306
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
All anti China groups, especially those in the US (like the Falun Gong, hk freedom, etc) supported Trumps reelection, they didn't do that for no reason.

You may want to dismiss trumps actions against China as minimal, or ineffective (5g, Huawei, tech sanctions are not minimal or ineffective tho) but just by souring China's image globally moreso than its ever been, that is considered significant to these groups, and that is more than any other administration has done

There is no way a democrat will do as much, they will seek out to normalize relations
Epoch Times USA division decided that Trump's public anti CCP persona aligned with theirs, and went full nutjob after that, promoting every single bullshit conspiracy all the way up to QAnon
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #3307
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
68style,

I'd recommend you to look into how substantial China's claims regarding their national reserves are -- that is to say, how much do they claim to have, and how much do they actually have. Also, look into how much provincial, regional, and municipal debts the different places are under, and you will see how wealthy China really is.

Another sign to look for is how much Xi has tightened monetary outflow from China to foreign countries in recent years.
I honestly don't think anyone can see any of that info. Not from a verifiable source.. and we never will. It's China.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #3308
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
LOL. Ah the old "He has business acumen" fallacy. That wore out years ago.

All him being a "business bully" has done is had his closest allied countries to turn away from him. He has done fuck all to affect China and Russia is grinning from ear to ear looking like the stable country right now.
You're definitely wrong there, Traum.

What actually makes a proficient president is carrying a law background, this allows you to immerse yourself in the policy wonky aptitudes of being a president. That's why Obama was so effective, he understood how a bill is passed, and the innerworkings of the legal system. He was a huge policy wonk. Kamala has that background, which IMHO would make her great at the job.

This is actually why Trump has been such a piss poor president, he lacks the experience in the judicial process, hence why he hasn't been able to pass anything effectively, or enact his agenda proficiently.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #3309
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Harris can actually write a bill that will stand legal challenges unlike trump who was had to rewrite bills multiple times.

CNN has been talking about a news organization that called Arizonia for Biden last night and that trump is upset. Just found out it was fox news.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...on-2020-433997

Last edited by Manic!; 11-04-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #3310
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Anyone find it fascinating that the Hunter Biden "emails" are no longer a thing? What happened to the evidence, and the emails, how convenient that it all just disappeared after the election. Not even a subject of discussion anymore, and nothing to report.

These people I tell you, fuck all 67 million of them.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #3311

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Anyone find it fascinating that the Hunter Biden "emails" are no longer a thing? What happened to the evidence, and the emails, how convenient that it all just disappeared after the election. Not even a subject of discussion anymore, and nothing to report.

These people I tell you, fuck all 67 million of them.
Ya, what happened to fucker carlsons evidence that was lost then found. Welfare?
Old 11-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #3312
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Wow things have taken quite the turn, trump pulled a surprisingly close race, let's be fair, no one thought it'd be this close, he should be happy n prepared to move on and back out gracefully... But it seems like it may get nasty before it ends
Trump can claim moral victory. He lost to Biden by a smaller and narrower margin than Clinton lost to him in 2016. He beat Clinton pretty convincingly. Brag about that when the moving trucks come to the white house.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #3313
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Epoch Times USA division decided that Trump's public anti CCP persona aligned with theirs, and went full nutjob after that, promoting every single bullshit conspiracy all the way up to QAnon
Sorry but Falun Gong has been nut job for decade.

Not at all surprise they support Trump and his BS.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #3314

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Sorry but Falun Gong has been nut job for decade.

Not at all surprise they support Trump and his BS.
I definitely don't agree with their methods, much like I wouldn't with many religions and cults. I try to stop short of calling everyone a nutjob though, unless they are actively harmful to others like Epoch Times seem to be in the US.

I'll call Trump supporters nutjobs, jihadists, crazy falun gongers nutjobs... But not all Republicans, not all Muslims, etc. Even Scientologists! I try not to lump everyone in a group as nutjobs
Old 11-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #3315

Looks like the ghost of John McCain is having the last laugh in Arizona. His widow supported Biden. If trump just could have shown some respect to McCain he would have won Arizona. McCain's old seat has now gone democrat. Mark Kelly husband of Gabby Gifford has won it.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #3316
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
whats the deal with CNN/MSNBC with BIDEN at 253

yet

Fox/AP news/Global has him at 264.

fake news damnit fake polls fake votes
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #3317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Looks like the ghost of John McCain is having the last laugh in Arizona. His widow supported Biden. If trump just could have shown some respect to McCain he would have won Arizona. McCain's old seat has now gone democrat. Mark Kelly husband of Gabby Gifford has won it.

Trump antagonising McCain killed his campaign dead. AZ hasn't been blue since the 90s right? It he even cost the Republicans 2 senate seats

Last laugh for sure
Old 11-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #3318
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post

Those documents have since been found, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Ya, what happened to fucker carlsons evidence that was lost then found. Welfare?
Where are they welfare?
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #3319
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
whats the deal with CNN/MSNBC with BIDEN at 253

yet

Fox/AP news/Global has him at 264.

fake news damnit fake polls fake votes
Each network makes their own projections (key word > projections) based on their own interpretation of the data provided.

Fox/AP news/Global are choosing to give Biden Arizona (11 electoral votes)... and the other 2 are choosing to be more cautious.

Simple as that.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #3320
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if biden wins, and i'm not getting my hopes too high till it's all over, i'll just be glad that i won't have to listens to trumps fucking voice anymore.
it'd be nice for Biden to win so i dont have to be constantly bombarded by the media/social media crying for another 4 #NOTMYPREZIDENT

Quote:
Nevermind the fact the USA politically turned a blind eye to China's overt threats to Taiwan and has continued to cave in on no not referring to Taiwan as its own country.
what? just the last 2 weeks alone they dealt around $5B total for arms deal to Taiwan. the Obama admin was VERY reluctant to deal and W. Bush was too occupied invading the Gulf

not to mention two senior officials from the Trump admin visited Taiwan; the first in over 40 years

and Washington walking back on PRC's One China policy will lkely result in a global conflict

Taiwan is probably the only hotbed in Asia that wants to see Trump continue serving the region

Last edited by twitchyzero; 11-04-2020 at 08:04 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #3321
Performance Moderator

Fair enough I didn’t know about the arms deal I just didn’t see them speak out about China’s posturing and no US military was moved in response to my knowledge.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:04 PM   #3322
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Fair enough I didn’t know about the arms deal I just didn’t see them speak out about China’s posturing and no US military was moved in response to my knowledge.
FYI,

chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #3323
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Spot on from Jimmy Dore:
"The Democratic Party hates progressives more than Trump."
Old 11-04-2020, 09:53 PM   #3324
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
https://images.app.goo.gl/hPitbSJ4rLG2D1nV6

Kanye West's votes... Smfh.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:03 PM   #3325

Hmm I expected there to be more votes for him,in more states than that, must not be accurate lol